Shipping a wheel with big batteries

nex

Hi folks,

I'm flying to another state and want to get my EUC over there. It's 52 lbs and 1600 Wh. What do you guys do when you want to take your EUC with you? I assume it's a no-go for airlines. I looked into shipping and it seems complicated for things with large batteries. FedEx told me I have to be a trained shipper of dangerous goods, or hire one to pack it for me. It also has to go Priority Overnight (at least to Hawaii). I have the original box with the padding, so realistically, just sealing the box and attaching a UN 3481 sticker to it should be adequate for safety, but I'm not sure this would be enough for them.

What has your experience been with shipping these things?

• Like 1

contact Jason at e-wheels for shipping discounts. Youll be surprised how a heavy wheel can be somewhat reasonable to ship. Mine came from a 3rd party via fed-ex since was used(Washington to North Carolina), but Hawaii could be much different. It wouldnt hurt to ask him, as he's always been really good about responses, to me anyhow.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

Thanks for the tip! I checked with Jason. If you have the original box, you can just use that. Will need to remove all previous shipping labels and lock the wheel in the app so that it can't turn on accidentally during transit. Jason can provide a shipping label at lower rates than what FedEx offers.

It wasn't clear if a UN 3481 label is needed. My original box doesn't have one.

• Like 1

youre shipping domestically.. you dont even need to tell them what it is lol just ship as you would normally with anything... ive sent over a dozen wheels internationally and its never once been an issue you dont need any special declaration or anything just box it up and ship