Constant Beep On Hoverboard

llaved

Hi Folks, 

I have a problem with my daughters hoverboard.

She had a go of it on some grass, one of the wheels started spinning like mad but got no traction and it was having a big old beeping moment for not being level, this only went on for about 20 seconds or so before I got her to come off it. 

Now, every time it turns on it has a constant shrill beep and the red light flashes continously on the top.

I have tried to do the reset/calibrate trick by holding down the power button but this does not seem to have any affect. I have taken the casing off to check the wires and I cannot see anything that has come loose.

Any ideas of what I can do? It seems to be that the gyro needs reset but like I say, the way of holding down the button when turning on has had no effect.  When I am holding down the power button (no matter how long I hold it, the lights at the front continously flash out of sync with each other.

Thanks for any advice you might have

Phil

• 1 month later...

All hoverboards have two gyroscopes. They are situated on the either side of the hoverboard. These gyroscopes are located just below the foot pads and are activated by two small rubber pieces when a person steps onto the hoverboard.

The gyroscopes in a hoverboard contain tiny infrared lights that determine if somebody is on the hoverboard. These infrared lights are interrupted by small rubber pieces that break the infrared connection when a rider steps on the foot pads, thus communicating to the motherboard to go into balance mode.

The easiest way to tell if your hoverboard gyroscope is broken is to look at the front facing lights on your hoverboard. If one of the lights is on, and that side is not balancing correctly, then you will need to buy a replacement hoverboard gyroscope.

The gyroscope and speed control boards receive the rpms and tilt information from the sensor inside the wheels, and they, in turn, send it to the main logic board.

When you calibrate your board, the gyroscopes are basically “zeroed”, as in, you’re telling the gyroscopes, “this is flat, hence this is when the hoverboard’s tilt is at 0”.