I've lost the love of the 16x I want it back☹️

stephen

Hi guys 

So I got a puncture on my 16x☹️

So I decided to fix it and put a new tyre on while I was at it☹️ I bought the ChaoYang which some people prefer and now the 16x gyro feeling is gone,,, now it feels like other wheels ,, 

I loved the feeling of the Dalishen CX-321 tyre, I'd rather lean around a corner that steer it around, and it was a comfortable cushion feeling , I've ridden a few times now and given it chance  ,I still have tread on the CX-321 so it will be going back on unless I can find a seller for the Dalishen CX-321(does anyone know?) Or does anyone in UK  want to swap👍

i really think the Dalishen CX-321 tyre made the 16x unique abit like the z10 feeling I got

What do you guys think who have swapped tyres?

• Like 2

This is the CST-C1488 (without gyro effect) and not the CX321.

I have two CX321. I hate it because of the gyro effect and changed to the CST-C1488. 

@Mike Sacristan is also a fan off the CX321.

Actually I wanted to sell them, but maybe I should give him another chance at the next tyre change? :confused1:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, buell47 said:

This is the CST-C1488 (without gyro effect) and not the CX321.

I have two CX321. I hate it because of the gyro effect and changed to the CST-C1488. 

@Mike Sacristan is also a fan off the CX321.

Actually I wanted to sell them, but maybe I should give him another chance at the next tyre change? :confused1:

How did you end up with 2 cx321 tyres lol😊 

If you do want to sell them I'm your man👍

The chaoyang tyre is smooth and fast and doesn't wobble and more nimbler but the 321 just has a nice feeling of keeping upright , 

Anyway if you sell one I'd be happy to purchase,, is it new?👍

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, buell47 said:

One is new, the other with 25km. 

I ordered the spare tire together with the 16X before we known about the tire mess. :efee612b4b:

I think the shipping costs make the tire expensive for you.

I'll pm you maybe make a deal for tyre and power pads 👍

• Like 1

I have put on 1000km on my 16X since switching to the Chao Yang.
I feel like a bit of my identity is gone haha.
When I was on the Nik+ the other day I really had to lean it to get it to turn. The 16X turns so easily now. The tyre is thinner than the CX, it wants to wobble a bit at high speed and this can be solved by leaning my calves against the pads. I can imagine Franks pads would be awesome for those cases.

On the CX I did the opposite and always stayed off the sides and just let it do it's little wobble dance freely between my legs.

They are simply different and the CYT is better than the CX and some things and vice versa.

Still.. there is something about crouching and leaning into curves and hanging off the side of the wheel.
And low speed balance and nimbleness. That feeling of floating.

Give it a few thousand km and try to look for the benefits of the tyre. Carve it deeper. Run it a bit higher PSI than the CX and just rip it around all over the place.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, someguy152 said:

i lurk around a decent amount, and i never hear of anyone putting a ks16x tire on a nikola, only the other way around. why is that?

Not sure, but maybe @Patton250has a 16X first batch CX321 tire on the Nikola.

Or did he have no Nikola, or was it someone else or was it nobody? Oh, man, I don't know. :efee612b4b:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, someguy152 said:

i lurk around a decent amount, and i never hear of anyone putting a ks16x tire on a nikola, only the other way around. why is that?

And by that do you mean a CYT or a CX?

1 hour ago, buell47 said:

Not sure, but maybe @Patton250has a 16X first batch CX321 tire on the Nikola.

Or did he have no Nikola, or was it someone else or was it nobody? Oh, man, I don't know. :efee612b4b:

He did for a while and liked it more than the Nikola stock. I am sure it would be very interesting to try a CX on a Nik.

• Like 1

So I'm still riding the 16x with the chaoyang, it really is a fast tyre and makes it nimble and fast especially with 2.02 firmware BUT😁 I just miss the CX feel especially riding backwards where I can just lean it over and twist and turn, I think I maybe just miss the gyro feeling, anyway I'm not giving up yet I'm still riding it

I have my msx for speed and carving that thing is a beast 

I'll update later, maybe with a video 👍

28 minutes ago, stephen said:

So I'm still riding the 16x with the chaoyang, it really is a fast tyre and makes it nimble and fast especially with 2.02 firmware BUT😁 I just miss the CX feel especially riding backwards where I can just lean it over and twist and turn, I think I maybe just miss the gyro feeling, anyway I'm not giving up yet I'm still riding it

I'll update later, maybe with a video 👍

Get out and set your 16X alarm at 28mph and go carve it while it beeps. :efef77eaf5:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

And by that do you mean a CYT or a CX?

He did for a while and liked it more than the Nikola stock. I am sure it would be very interesting to try a CX on a Nik.

the one that gives the 16x a z10 like feel

4 hours ago, stephen said:

can you calrify what you mean by "beast"?

can you calrify what you mean by "beast

I just mean its fast, a proper road machine and off road if your going at speed ,handles corners well and takes the bumps and accelerates quick when it's in momentum 

59 minutes ago, someguy152 said:

oh you meant to put a period between carving and that

I thought a 16x CX type tire would be better than msx for carving

The msx is good at carving at speed and not to worry about what mph your doing , the 16x has a different feeling 

57 minutes ago, Slashebeest said:

1st batch 16x here and I'm pretty sure I love the 16x because of the cx321 tyre.

Still not one issue so far 

Me too I love the tyre, been out today though on the chaoyang tyre and had a blast I think it's growing on me😁 I've done a video ,,, just need to edit 👍

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Get out and set your 16X alarm at 28mph and go carve it while it beeps. :efef77eaf5:

So I installed 2.02 again and did a calibration , pumped to 30psi and set pedal angle to +1backward tilt, riding mode medium , allready installed chaoyang tyre as you know

Woow had a blast today 😁 

When you lean around a corner going at speed the wheel tilts with you, the CX tyre you have to force it to lean,, which I still like btw,,, but either way it was an exciting ride, the video I've posted was when I first went out so confidence wasn't full on but didn't take long 😁

Riding on straights easily reached 28mph quick and stable,,, felt like I was going 20mph,,

Got wobbles here and there on the video only due to quick acceleration and breaking nothing wrong with the wheel ,, the chaoyang does have a slight wobble probably due to me not seating it right but doesn't affect my ride

I'll probably have to say I really really enjoyed the ride today ,, so fast this tyre with 2.02 and medium mode the pedals remain stiff and kept level even at my little BMX track going uphill and down, I can start at the bottom of the hill with very little effort to make it give power 👍

Probably forgot loads to mention ,, but YES  I'm very happy with it now not to turn back to the CX but maybe on the next tube/tyre change we'll see😁

Anyway here's the video couldn't really get up to full speed due to so many corners but I did have a blast accelerating and cornering 😁👍😁

By the way I did about 30 miles of constant fun with 40% remaining Euc world went off mid tour most of my ride was about 25+mph just slowing down where I had to 😊it soon gets upto speed

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stephen said:

So I installed 2.02 again and did a calibration , pumped to 30psi and set pedal angle to +1backward tilt, riding mode medium , allready installed chaoyang tyre as you know

Woow had a blast today 😁 

When you lean around a corner going at speed the wheel tilts with you, the CX tyre you have to force it to lean,, which I still like btw,,, but either way it was an exciting ride, the video I've posted was when I first went out so confidence wasn't full on but didn't take long 😁

Riding on straights easily reached 28mph quick and stable,,, felt like I was going 20mph,,

Got wobbles here and there on the video only due to quick acceleration and breaking nothing wrong with the wheel ,, the chaoyang does have a slight wobble probably due to me not seating it right but doesn't affect my ride

I'll probably have to say I really really enjoyed the ride today ,, so fast this tyre with 2.02 and medium mode the pedals remain stiff and kept level even at my little BMX track going uphill and down, I can start at the bottom of the hill with very little effort to make it give power 👍

Probably forgot loads to mention ,, but YES  I'm very happy with it now not to turn back to the CX but maybe on the next tube/tyre change we'll see😁

Anyway here's the video couldn't really get up to full speed due to so many corners but I did have a blast accelerating and cornering 😁👍😁

By the way I did about 30 miles of constant fun with 40% remaining Euc world went off mid tour most of my ride was about 25+mph just slowing down where I had to 😊it soon gets upto speed

Very nice to see you riding! And zipping and leaning.
I know what you mean about the CX. And we always miss what we don't have.
If you were try some of those turns at 35-40 kmh on the CX you would probably not make them.
I try to challenge myself a bit more now when cornering and I can definitely corner better than with the CX.. the CX just felt more reassuring because it was stable while we were leaning off the side of the wheel. Now it's more like finding the correct amount of tilt and we also get some wobble. Tensing up and looking for that perfect sideways tilt.
I have even started cutting into the inside of some of my turns where on the CX I was previously getting sucked out to the side instead.

I was on FW 1.07 today. Had a decent ride but 1.07 is a more nervous ride than 2.02. 2.02 just feels solid.
I am quite a bit more confident on 2.02 and I get a bigger sense of freedom while having to worry less.
Monika and I got the same battery usage with her on the MSX on soft mode and me on FW 1.07 on hard mode.

The CX was great when the riding surface was great. Sometimes it could be very terrible though.
The CYT is very good all of the time. But never great.

The CYT is a bit harder than the CX and also a bit narrower with a pointier profile. We are basically riding a slick haha.
 My CYT also has a wobble to it but I can't say it affects my riding.

For hill climbing I would still stick to FW 1.05 though.

FW 2.02 and CYT is a winning combination for me.
Ater riding the 16X today I got on my friends Nikola. I felt a gyro effect and tramlining that I have never felt before lol.

• Like 3

@stephen do you have a video like this with the old CX tire.  This is very interesting to see you lean into the wheel like that.

the new batch of 16x's still come with CX, tho right?

Yes I do , with the CX tyre you have to put more energy into your turns trying to pull the wheel over with your body weight where as the CYT just leans with you , this was 7 months ago so fairly new to this wheel

Here's another I have a few in my YouTube channel

Edited by stephen

8 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Very nice to see you riding! And zipping and leaning.
I know what you mean about the CX. And we always miss what we don't have.
If you were try some of those turns at 35-40 kmh on the CX you would probably not make them.
I try to challenge myself a bit more now when cornering and I can definitely corner better than with the CX.. the CX just felt more reassuring because it was stable while we were leaning off the side of the wheel. Now it's more like finding the correct amount of tilt and we also get some wobble. Tensing up and looking for that perfect sideways tilt.
I have even started cutting into the inside of some of my turns where on the CX I was previously getting sucked out to the side instead.

I was on FW 1.07 today. Had a decent ride but 1.07 is a more nervous ride than 2.02. 2.02 just feels solid.
I am quite a bit more confident on 2.02 and I get a bigger sense of freedom while having to worry less.
Monika and I got the same battery usage with her on the MSX on soft mode and me on FW 1.07 on hard mode.

The CX was great when the riding surface was great. Sometimes it could be very terrible though.
The CYT is very good all of the time. But never great.

The CYT is a bit harder than the CX and also a bit narrower with a pointier profile. We are basically riding a slick haha.
 My CYT also has a wobble to it but I can't say it affects my riding.

For hill climbing I would still stick to FW 1.05 though.

FW 2.02 and CYT is a winning combination for me.
Ater riding the 16X today I got on my friends Nikola. I felt a gyro effect and tramlining that I have never felt before lol.

I think you just pointed out the rest of the stuff I missed out 😊 my msx battery is crap compared to my 16x the first 20% goes down quick I still get a good range but it's all at the bottom of the battery where the fun stops ☹️ I've measured the batteries single packs and when charged full but my Bluetooth to any app I use shows different maybe 2v difference 🤔

I'm stayng with firmware 2.02 for now, like you say it's solid and picks up pace quick👍 I find it ok with hills but I can't find much hill testing ones but I'm also over the 200lbs dressed in gear so I can just lean to put weight on the pedals I think that's easier in some ways but I am trying to lose a few lbs😬

Cheers Mike👍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, someguy152 said:

This is very interesting to see you lean into the wheel like that.

This is the normal riding style when not using a tire with gyro effect and also applies to the CST-C1488. This is the way to ride curves. 

6 hours ago, someguy152 said:

the new batch of 16x's still come with CX, tho right?

No, for a long time the 16X comes with the Chao Yang H-5167 

• Like 1