Kingsong KS18 L/XL User Manual

Sébastien

Hi!

New member here, not yet on a wheel (1 week to go!). Living in the south of France. 

Awaiting for my brand new wheel to be delivered I was hoping I could get some excitement by reading the user manual but I can find it anywhere :(

Kingsong only provides a 2 pages fact-sheet that is far for exciting. Any idea where I could find it?

Thanks for your help!

2 hours ago, TomOnWheels said:

But to be honest EUC are so simple (one button only) that you probably do not need it

Yes and no. However the manual does imho not really provide too much/anything usefull.

Important is to understand "the overlean" - an unexpected faceplant is not nice. It will take some time for a beginner with a KS18Xl to come into this region, but this limiz is not really intuitive...

So the main thing to prevent an overlean is to not burden (incline, acceleration) the wheel at high(er) speeds.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Chriull said:

Yes and no. However the manual does imho not really provide too much/anything usefull.

Important is to understand "the overlean" - an unexpected faceplant is not nice. It will take some time for a beginner with a KS18Xl to come into this region, but this limiz is not really intuitive...

So the main thing to prevent an overlean is to not burden (incline, acceleration) the wheel at high(er) speeds.

Yes @Chriull is right ! KS18L/XL is very easy to operate... but you need to remain humble to avoid a faceplant... You must really think to never push your EUC to its limits... Especially if you are not wearing full protections.

• Like 2

Congratulations on the new wheel!

Check out as many 18XL video reviews and threads as you can while you wait for your wheel to arrive. Also check out the Learning to Ride section, there's plenty of very useful and informative material :)

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/forum/66-learning-to-ride/

• Like 3

On 5/20/2020 at 10:51 PM, travsformation said:

Congratulations on the new wheel!

Check out as many 18XL video reviews and threads as you can while you wait for your wheel to arrive. Also check out the Learning to Ride section, there's plenty of very useful and informative material :)

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/forum/66-learning-to-ride/

I dried out YouTube :) I will follow your advice and study the thread, thanks!!

On 5/20/2020 at 9:30 PM, TomOnWheels said:

Yes @Chriull is right ! KS18L/XL is very easy to operate... but you need to remain humble to avoid a faceplant... You must really think to never push your EUC to its limits... Especially if you are not wearing full protections.

Thanks 🙏 

• Like 1