KS18XL battery life.

Hi!

Bought my KingSong around a year ago, and was able to make up to 90km on one charge, I was riding in winter to, not so often and not so wait, but my KS was not idle, now I tried a longer distance and was able to make knap 65km on one charge, riding conditions didn't change, is it normal that battery is dying so fast?

8 minutes ago, Gundars Balodis said:

Hi!

Bought my KingSong around a year ago, and was able to make up to 90km on one charge, I was riding in winter to, not so often and not so wait, but my KS was not idle, now I tried a longer distance and was able to make knap 65km on one charge, riding conditions didn't change, is it normal that battery is dying so fast?

No it's not.

A reason for lower range could be you getting accostumed to the wheel and now riding faster or accelerating stronger?

Speed eats up battery! As inclines do - your 90km track is comparable to your 65km track?

Beside this technical issues could be too low charger max output voltage, not often and long enough charging for balancing to happen, bms faults, mismatched cells, etc...

More details on such technical issues 

• Like 3

^ this.. if your profile is correct the ks is your only wheel and maybe first wheel? there is no way in hell you arent riding way harder and way faster now than when you got it if thats the case... unless something is significantly wrong theres no way that in identical conditions the battery would have degraded that much in one year even if every single day you rode it to tiltback and charged it to 100% after... which i seriously doubt, check the voltage if its fine its probably in your head, how many km are on the wheel?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Rywokast said:

how many km are on the wheel?

Almost 3000.

20 hours ago, Chriull said:

you getting accostumed to the wheel and now riding faster or accelerating stronger?

Yes, I was thinking about that, but I don't like riding too fast, normally like a bicycle 25-30km/h, so even if I do ride more aggressive, I was expecting 80-75km, thought maybe I underestimate myself 🙂, anyway thanks for the in input.

3 hours ago, Gundars Balodis said:

Yes, I was thinking about that, but I don't like riding too fast, normally like a bicycle 25-30km/h, so even if I do ride more aggressive, I was expecting 80-75km, thought maybe I underestimate myself 🙂, anyway thanks for the in input

Beginners vs medium vs advanced riding is very different in battery consumption. And while onc evolves one gets accustmized to the increased accelerations/speed.

If you don't think so follow the technical link i gave you and start meaduring - bad/mismatched cells happen. QA is far from/not perfect.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gundars Balodis said:

Almost 3000.

Yes, I was thinking about that, but I don't like riding too fast, normally like a bicycle 25-30km/h, so even if I do ride more aggressive, I was expecting 80-75km, thought maybe I underestimate myself 🙂, anyway thanks for the in input.

oh man thats snail speed.. i get that range on my 16s at those speeds... 3000 km is nothing, i wonder if something else is at play because yea if youre going those speeds thats deeeeefinitely low.. going that speed i can very easily get over 100 km on the 18xl at my weight, i dont ever ride those speeds though lol.. you should do like chriull said it sounds fishy, like legit 18L not XL range

Check if the full charge voltage goes all the way up to 84V (in whatever app you use), faulty batteries often won't..

You could drain the battery on that distance with FW 2.x but would need some agressive riding.. I just did 90km on a 18XL equivalent to yours.

16 hours ago, Gundars Balodis said:

Yes, it is.

If there is no problem with charging 84v, the external effects cannot be ignored.Even if you ride at the same speed, the weather (spring, summer, fall, winter) and wind speed (taste wind) also affect the rider, so there is a difference in the range of electric wheels. In some cases, the temperature at which the electric wheel is stored may vary. Finally, you need to check the rider's weight. :efee47c9c8:

On 5/20/2020 at 12:20 AM, null said:

Check if the full charge voltage goes all the way up to 84V (in whatever app you use), faulty batteries often won't..

16 hours ago, Gundars Balodis said:

Yes, it is.

And then the voltage stays at this amount or drops again?

What happens if you open the case, disconnect the battery pack on one side, wait a while, and measure the pack on that side as well as the connector that the pack connects to (which carries the voltage from the other side)?  Carefully, btw, you're dealing with high voltage and a high potential for arcing!  Are the voltages what you expect them to be (84V or so for a fully charged pack), and are they equal on both connectors?