My ATGATT

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Fantastic video! I agree with everything you say. You learn to wear this stuff from your crashes and to wear a FF helmet from other people's crashes because you don't want that to happen to you.

Also, Gotway shirt!!

You're the first person to mention the shirt :thumbup:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

You're the first person to mention the shirt :thumbup:

Sooo? Is it new? Self-made? Or does someone else sell these?

You need to make an "Essential Coolness Gear" video that would include the shirt and a helmet with the brand stickers:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonm42 said:

If you made an ATGATT shirt, I'd buy it.

You can already buy those - Google it :)

• Like 1

Took a very bad fall at the end of my ride yesterday, just in front of my condo... damn road gravel... I got close to breaking my jaw.

Just bought the Bell Super R Air you have. Thanks for the suggestion, it really feels like an EPIC helmet

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dubardo said:

Took a very bad fall at the end of my ride yesterday, just in front of my condo... damn road gravel... I got close to breaking my jaw.

Just bought the Bell Super R Air you have. Thanks for the suggestion, it really feels like an EPIC helmet

:shock2:   Unfortunately if it's not gravel it'll be something else :)

• Like 2

On 5/18/2020 at 5:10 PM, Marty Backe said:

I'm experimenting with t-shirt designs, one of which I'm wearing in this video. I'm considering creating a line of merchandise. Why not :)

About time my man!  :D  Always plug da merch!  BTW pssst elbow pads?  What the heck?  I see none in the video!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

About time my man!  :D  Always plug da merch!  BTW pssst elbow pads?  What the heck?  I see none in the video!!!

Elbow pads aren't in my Absolutely Must Wear category. I do wear them most of the time but I will allow myself to ride without them on occasion.

I was feeling adventurous and took my v10 for a ride in wet conditions for the first time. I fell 3 times in total (while turning) due to misjudging the slipperiness of seemingly dry dirt surfaces. I'm using the Hillbilly gloves, and took no damage on all my falls. The goat skin is very abrasion resistant, and the plastic wrist guards acted as cushions. I always wear a full face helmet, but thankfully haven't crashed hard enough to say if it'll protect my head.

• Like 2

On 5/26/2020 at 2:40 AM, Marty Backe said:

Elbow pads aren't in my Absolutely Must Wear category. I do wear them most of the time but I will allow myself to ride without them on occasion.

Same here. Although the times I don't wear them, especially in summer, when wearing a t-shirt, I can't get the scrapes on my elbow-pads from my 40ish km/h spill out of my mind, and rarely ride above 30-35 km/h. Since I bought a MC jacket, elbow-pads feel like a cumbersome pain in the ass, as easy as it is to just slip on a jacket. In autumn/spring I now use an armored hoodie, and I just ordered the Bohn All-Season Airtex Armored riding shirt (high-visibility yellow). Curious to see whether it'll work for hot Spanish summer days (California-style weather), or be reserved for summer night rides :)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Testing my new Leatt body armor. This is the 5.5 HD Pro

Nice! Do they make a full-arm-length version too?

I just received my cheap Chinese body armor today (€42 on Amazon)

2020-05-31-18-09-10-WILDKEN-Chaqueta-de-Protecci-n-para-Motocross-Motos-Ropa-Protectora-de-Cuerpo-Ar.png

What I like is that I can just slip it on like a jacket and get full-length arm protection, all the way up from forearm to shoulder, without having to go to the extra "trouble" of putting on elbow-pads too (first-World problems, I know...) 

Granted, it's cheap plastic, the padding is very thin and the scapula area is (unlike what's shown in the image above) entirely unprotected, and in the two spills I've had, during the slide I rolled from face-down to sideways to would-have-been-on-my-back-if-I'd-slided-any-further, tearing my jacket right in the scapula area both times. 

But for now it's a beta-test armor to see whether I want to invest in something better. 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 9:19 AM, travsformation said:

Nice! Do they make a full-arm-length version too?

I just received my cheap Chinese body armor today (€42 on Amazon)

2020-05-31-18-09-10-WILDKEN-Chaqueta-de-Protecci-n-para-Motocross-Motos-Ropa-Protectora-de-Cuerpo-Ar.png

What I like is that I can just slip it on like a jacket and get full-length arm protection, all the way up from forearm to shoulder, without having to go to the extra "trouble" of putting on elbow-pads too (first-World problems, I know...) 

Granted, it's cheap plastic, the padding is very thin and the scapula area is (unlike what's shown in the image above) entirely unprotected, and in the two spills I've had, during the slide I rolled from face-down to sideways to would-have-been-on-my-back-if-I'd-slided-any-further, tearing my jacket right in the scapula area both times. 

But for now it's a beta-test armor to see whether I want to invest in something better. 

Yes, Leatt makes the full suit version which I've been wearing for over a year. I bought this lighter version for warmer weather.

Some local riders have the gear like what you bought. I can tell you that there's a vast difference in quality (and price) between the two. The Leatt plastic is much more robust and the padding is thicker. With Leatt it does appear that you get what you pay for.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, Leatt makes the full suit version which I've been wearing for over a year. I bought this lighter version for warmer weather.

Some local riders have the gear like what you bought. I can tell you that there's a vast difference in quality (and price) between the two. The Leatt plastic is much more robust and the padding is thicker. With Leatt it does appear that you get what you pay for.

I am very glad I am not in your climate as I would melt in that heat. I feel like an engine at 1000+ ramp beyond its red zone once we hit 27C degrees. So at your summer temps would really kill me. Today I had my first hot day ride in my Klim MC sure and Carbon TSG pass helmet. And it went surprisingly well compared to how I deal with heal. 

Now I cloud invest in a cold layer clothing,meaning it is ment to cool you down. Same as they make a warm layer to wear too. So far I have not bought this yet. But I really like this suit made in Gore-tex and with 3D0 padding.20200402_130242_compress1.thumb.jpg.e8fa82e6f2a2b69422fd8460812bc554.jpg

it has a lot of events and you can even open up front part a bit if you want. This is an early picture. Today I rode on my KS18L in the afternoon sunny heat. No clouds on the sky.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I am very glad I am not in your climate as I would melt in that heat. I feel like an engine at 1000+ ramp beyond its red zone once we hit 27C degrees. So at your summer temps would really kill me. Today I had my first hot day ride in my Klim MC sure and Carbon TSG pass helmet. And it went surprisingly well compared to how I deal with heal. 

Now I cloud invest in a cold layer clothing,meaning it is ment to cool you down. Same as they make a warm layer to wear too. So far I have not bought this yet. But I really like this suit made in Gore-tex and with 3D0 padding.20200402_130242_compress1.thumb.jpg.e8fa82e6f2a2b69422fd8460812bc554.jpg

it has a lot of events and you can even open up front part a bit if you want. This is an early picture. Today I rode on my KS18L in the afternoon sunny heat. No clouds on the sky.

I don't know, that enclosed suit (your picture) looks extremely hot. The Leatt gear has plastic but all the fabric has thousands of holes that let the air flow. It's nice and cool.

But we live in totally different climates :D

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Unventor said:

You guys are so lucky to have such nice temperature during summer time, California is considered to have the best weather in the USA, but summer time is a lot hotter compared to sweden.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I don't know, that enclosed suit (your picture) looks extremely hot. The Leatt gear has plastic but all the fabric has thousands of holes that let the air flow. It's nice and cool.

But we live in totally different climates :D

Yes we do. It has air vent on both sides on front and back and front chest pockets to act as vents. Same on legs in and out vents and on forearms has in vents too. Front zipper can be pulled down and top collar can be flipped to side and attached. And Gore-tex is a breathable material too.

They have a more mesh made model for hot climate too. I just forgot the model name. But it is from US maker Klim too.

I just don't deal very well with heat so holidays in you climate or even worse Texas heat simply is out of the question for me. Same as @travsformation hot Spain climate wouldn't work for me either in summer time.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Unventor said:

Same as @travsformation hot Spain climate wouldn't work for me either in summer time.

Climate where I am (NE corner, Mediterranean) is very similar to California, it gets pretty hot, it's more or less bearable when there's a nice breeze but those summer nights when the air is still and humid are awful. I don't deal with the heat too well either so I try to head north to spend as much of the summer as possible as far north as I can manage (this year travel restrictions might pose a problem though...). But still, it's a relatively dry heat, which I tolerate much better than Florida-style 98% humidity heat :efefc8626c:

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, Leatt makes excellent quality products. For now I wanted to test this version out because it's all mesh, see how it suits me, but while I trust I'll get abrasion protection, not too sure about impact...

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, travsformation said:

Climate where I am (NE corner, Mediterranean) is very similar to California, it gets pretty hot, it's more or less bearable when there's a nice breeze but those summer nights when the air is still and humid are awful. I don't deal with the heat too well either so I try to head north to spend as much of the summer as possible as far north as I can manage (this year travel restrictions might pose a problem though...). But still, it's a relatively dry heat, which I tolerate much better than Florida-style 98% humidity heat :efefc8626c:

Yeah, Leatt makes excellent quality products. For now I wanted to test this version out because it's all mesh, see how it suits me, but while I trust I'll get abrasion protection, not too sure about impact...

Your area does look to be very similar to Southern California. We don't get many humid days or night though. Even at the height of summer nights will tend to be cool.

When we do get a warm night I love going for a ride.