KS 16X Mudguard

DannyK

I was wondering why no one brings up a post about this terrible mudguard. My mudguard ripped 4 times now, and continuously using locktide flex gel to adhese it over and over again. This mudguard literally rips even when the wheel falls to the back while standing still or when a little impact is given. Kingsong still doesnt change this mudguard or makes a better one for users to replace it with. Mudguards are quite essential so I really think there should be a better alternative. Or where could I buy one that could replc this?

1589781200812.jpg

Edited by DannyK
  • Like 1

Euc army has a sturdy looking one for like 17 bucks. 

Wait NVM... It was for ks18xl. My bad

Edited by Waulnut

5 hours ago, Waulnut said:

Euc army has a sturdy looking one for like 17 bucks. 

Wait NVM... It was for ks18xl. My bad

OTL.. I wonder when there wud be a good one made for 16x that I can purchase on Ali express or something.

Mine just ripped off today, was hanging by an inch, looked like a dead hair on the back of the wheel, not too cool and and functional either, I will possibly look into making one once I remove the rest of it, or maybe just velcro something on to it, if anyone gets any ideas those would be good 

• Like 1

Is there any way to just screw  the ole nutsack flap from the 18L, (really cheap) into the upper broken plastic of the old ? I quite prefer a flexible, as the FIRST time I put my wheel in the car, it fell backwards and folded up the mud flap. It was at that moment that I concluded a hard flap may pose a problem. I'm now quite fond of the 'hung low' look.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

The mud guard is obviously a weak point. Mine must have gotten bent over when Kingsong stuffed the 16X into the original box and started to tear off when it rolled over on carpeted floor just leaning on the sofa.

Other weak spots of the 16X are:

- The pedal hinges had deep scrapes new out of the box. Now they have even more scrapes, and they certainly don't move smoothly.

- The alarm beeper (the annoying beep when you switch the 16X on/off) started to get a sore voice after the board once went to 100 degrees C.

- The switch in the handle that stops the wheel from spinning when the 16X is lifted off is not reliable. I once ended up with a black burn spot on the floor when lifted up the 16X when going over a step and the wheel started to spin wildly. The handle switch should have disabled it.

- The handling of narrower unicycles tends to be easier because the torque is lower when the weight of the rider is only on one pedal (e.g. when morning or riding with one leg).

- The app and the manual that go with the 16X needs more work.

- Charging with the standard power adapter is really slow and takes a whole night (but there are two charger plugs for fast charging with two adapters).

On the plus side, the hill climbing performance and range of the 16X is pretty solid, but that comes at the cost of weight. It would be great if the 16X had multiple removable batteries. This way, one could run the 16X with fewer batteries and low weight for a short commute (or to take it on a train) and with a larger battery set for a longer trip or higher performance.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, King the Song said:

The mud guard is obviously a weak point. Mine must have gotten bent over when Kingsong stuffed the 16X into the original box and started to tear off when it rolled over on carpeted floor just leaning on the sofa.

Other weak spots of the 16X are:

- The pedal hinges had deep scrapes new out of the box. Now they have even more scrapes, and they certainly don't move smoothly.

- The alarm beeper (the annoying beep when you switch the 16X on/off) started to get a sore voice after the board once went to 100 degrees C.

- The switch in the handle that stops the wheel from spinning when the 16X is lifted off is not reliable. I once ended up with a black burn spot on the floor when lifted up the 16X when going over a step and the wheel started to spin wildly. The handle switch should have disabled it.

- The handling of narrower unicycles tends to be easier because the torque is lower when the weight of the rider is only on one pedal (e.g. when morning or riding with one leg).

- The app and the manual that go with the 16X needs more work.

- Charging with the standard power adapter is really slow and takes a whole night (but there are two charger plugs for fast charging with two adapters).

On the plus side, the hill climbing performance and range of the 16X is pretty solid, but that comes at the cost of weight. It would be great if the 16X had multiple removable batteries. This way, one could run the 16X with fewer batteries and low weight for a short commute (or to take it on a train) and with a larger battery set for a longer trip or higher performance.

You guys might be interested in my journey. Just wrote my 1200 km review bullet points: 

But yeah, pretty same, with yours... 

What about adhering those flexible mountain bike mud guards? The thin, flexible ones (like crazy carpet material). Easily cut for new shape and adhering tabs. My mud guard is still perfect but I only have 600km on the wheel