KS 16X after 1500 miles

Beekersguy

On 5/29/2020 at 2:21 AM, mike_bike_kite said:

Nice review. What sort of range do you get from the wheel? What speed do you cruise at? top speed? Can I ask how much you weigh? No photo of the wheel?

Thanks.

I get about 45 miles, cruise around 25ish, maybe a bit less. I hit top speed of 31mph every ride, but I don't keep it there. 

I weigh 180ish in gear, and I'm 6 feet tall.

I have a ton of pics on IG. thatonekenguy

Edited by Beekersguy
  • Like 1

nice review :clap3:

Also riding the KS16X. Im looking forward to my 500km review. I mainly ride offroad paths, wet and dry, so I plan to open it up and look for dirt etc inside the housing. Also I hear something clacking when jumping which I´m pretty sure comes not from the pedal mechanic, so I´m very curious to find out if some sillicone could remove the sounds. I have the problem that the silicone protection for the usb ports got ripped off. In speaking with our local 3d printer, will add this to the review :D

I´m with you in regards to the original tire, its hard to get used to it but when its done it´s so smooth to ride.

if you´d like to check me out on youtube: 

nearly 300 from 500 km will be ridden on this type of paths :D

thanks very much for summing up 

31 minutes ago, EUC Endurist said:

nice review :clap3:

Also riding the KS16X. Im looking forward to my 500km review. I mainly ride offroad paths, wet and dry, so I plan to open it up and look for dirt etc inside the housing. Also I hear something clacking when jumping which I´m pretty sure comes not from the pedal mechanic, so I´m very curious to find out if some sillicone could remove the sounds. I have the problem that the silicone protection for the usb ports got ripped off. In speaking with our local 3d printer, will add this to the review :D

I´m with you in regards to the original tire, its hard to get used to it but when its done it´s so smooth to ride.

if you´d like to check me out on youtube: 

nearly 300 from 500 km will be ridden on this type of paths :D

thanks very much for summing up 

Nice riding mate those tree roots are unpredictable good handling though 👍👍

thanks for the comment I really like to find out what people keeps watching, hard to start from here :D

1 hour ago, stephen said:

Nice riding mate those tree roots are unpredictable good handling though 👍👍

thanks for the comment I really like to find out what people keeps watching, hard to start from here :D

The original CX tire made the ride similar to being on a Z10 : gyro effect when turning at higher speed. It wasn't defective but it took some getting used to. Some people liked it and they miss it now that they have the new tire but the new one is less challenging.

Great to know! I now have ~150 miles on the KS-16S starting a total noob, and wanted more power so I ordered the KS-16X. 

I got a KS-16X yesterday, but the system Bluetooth was unable to connect even though the Music Bluetooth could. Replacement is coming next week and reading this post makes me even more excited.