Verifying Wheel Specs

ND4SPD

Unfortunately there's no real communication between the battery packs and the control boards of most wheels. As such, the wheel has no idea how big the battery pack it"s using is -- all it sees is a voltage. For this reason, the only way you will really be able to know the capacity is by opening the wheel up and inspecting the battery pack(s). Otherwise we're at the mercy of whoever we get the wheel from and, behind them, the manufacturers.

• Like 1

Damn. That's not good.

Someone's selling me a Monster with a 1600Wh battery. Sounds kinda sketchy, considering the new ones don't come in that configuration. What do you think?

Also, Is it possible for me to install batteries from other Wheels to make up for the lost capacity?

• Like 1

A 1600Wh Monster is perfectly fine. It's a configuration that was commonly sold a while back. Basically, it just has 2 of Gotway's standard 84v, 800Wh battery packs instead of 3. It will behave just like a 2400Wh Monster, but with 1/3 less range.

As to your question about installing another battery pack, yes it is possible! It's not even difficult as long as the monster already has the correct battery cables (Main power, charging and BMS shutoff). If it turns out it doesn't have the right cables for the 2400Wh (triple battery pack) configuration, then I'm sure @Jason McNeil at eWheels can get you taken care of, including setting you up with another battery pack if you don't already have one!

• Like 2