What is the 24 hour distance record on an EUC?

I know some of done 100 miles in a day, but has anyone consistently done more than that?

If so how? How many amps were they charging at and at what speed did they travel at?  I’d guess it would be an 84v monster 2400 wh charging at 15 amps, but am I wrong? The faster you travel the more you increase the time needed to charge. 

Thanks!

Evel

• Like 2

Not doing super long range but as no one is chipping in yet: My max day was 160km on a 18xl (1550Wh) with a 1h+ break for charging with 5A. If you’d want to go really far you should probably have an even faster charger else the breaks will be quite long (3h or so, forgot)

Id be curious as well to have some info from real long range / road trip travelers.

edit: I’ve had a 200km day on my 18xl with three stops charging at 9A. It was nice but took a long time, about 14h including charge breaks.
This makes me think it would be interesting to set up a calculation sheet over range / charge time / total time, to estimate how to squeeze most Km out of a day.

Edited by null
  • Like 2

Myself and 2 friends decided we wanted to join the 100mile club, so we did 169km in one day (105 miles). I was also on an 18XL. We had a tesla and v10.

We were actually scouting the ride for a bigger group so we stopped many times and charged up trying to find places so that even a 16s could come with. It was a ton of fun, but SO many hours of riding. It was also ALL off road. On road or a paved path would have been a breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze. 

• Like 3

Last summer I did just over 100 miles on an 18L. It was a long day and included 4 charge stops. I now have a Monster 2400wh and have many 50+ mile days but haven’t broken the 100 mile mark on that wheel. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, seage said:

Myself and 2 friends decided we wanted to join the 100mile club, so we did 169km in one day (105 miles). I was also on an 18XL. We had a tesla and v10.

We were actually scouting the ride for a bigger group so we stopped many times and charged up trying to find places so that even a 16s could come with. It was a ton of fun, but SO many hours of riding. It was also ALL off road. On road or a paved path would have been a breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze. 

105 miles OFF-ROAD, x3 bonus points! I tip my hat to you! 

That merits a category of its own: Longest tour done off-road!

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Seba said:

At the end of last summer I did 214 km (133 miles) during a single day, with three charging stops. I was riding on a King Song KS-18XL and used my fast charger set to 9 Amps:

https://euc.world/tour/577799012031245

Wait wait, 9amp charger? I  have a fast charger, but its only 5 amps max!

6 hours ago, travsformation said:

105 miles OFF-ROAD, x3 bonus points! I tip my hat to you! 

That merits a category of its own: Longest tour done off-road!

Haha! Oh yes! It was incredibly hard. I slept like a whole baby afterwards. 15 hours of riding. It was fierce and painful, hahah. 

Thank you XDDD

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Is Archee going for a new record? I can't find a thread on it but noticed he's putting up some crazy numbers (!!) on euc.world which I just signed up for...loving the app by the way, I feel pretty lucky to have something like this, works great with the Galaxy Watch too....thanks @Seba

• Like 2

6 hours ago, manieuc said:

Is Archee going for a new record? I can't find a thread on it but noticed he's putting up some crazy numbers (!!) on euc.world which I just signed up for...loving the app by the way, I feel pretty lucky to have something like this, works great with the Galaxy Watch too....thanks @Seba

Well... @Archee Jan Bloch is now on his Grand Tour 1000 km trip:

https://euc.world/tour/590115462668294

Worth to look at the photos, as we can see how he's charging his wheel :)

Edited by Seba
  • Like 3

I just came across this post on Panda. Apparently that 15amp charger is the real mvp in his arsenal. Amazing journey. Can't wait to see more details that comes out from discussion.

Just hit a new personal milestone of a 219km ride. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

:eff034a94a:  

How? recharging or several wheels?

Many recharges. It was a planned trip. 5 charge stops, but thats due to riding with people with lower battery capacities, haha. Then i had to go back home and did it with the rest of my juice. Ended on 4%

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Doug Hnut said:

2 months ago i rode 277km in 16 hours 38min. started at 5am, got home around 10pm. spent 8 hours charging, and 8.5hours riding. 

What wheel and charger (amps) were you using? That’s an average moving speed of 20 mph if I’m understanding correctly. Nice! 😎

On 9/7/2020 at 1:05 PM, goos3man said:

I just came across this post on Panda. Apparently that 15amp charger is the real mvp in his arsenal. Amazing journey. Can't wait to see more details that comes out from discussion.

Not everywhere you can charge at 15 amps .. not every wheel you can charge at such high current but since I have 3108 Wah in the monster (loomo Mod)  it worked for nearly 6000 miles or so.. I charge slow at home but on the road.. I charge 10-15 amps based on the outlet .. some can't even take that..

• Like 2