I have quick question

Shabba

Am getting ready to plug my batteries back in my monster, I just checked the voltage, two of them showing 70v but the third is showing 67v is it too much of a gap to go ahead and plug them up?

3 minutes ago, Shabba said:

Am getting ready to plug my batteries back in my monster, I just checked the voltage, two of them showing 70v but the third is showing 67v is it too much of a gap to go ahead and plug them up?

If this are 20s2p packs they could have an internal resistance of ~30mOhm*20/2=0.3Ohm. if so and one connects one 70V pack with an 67 Volt pack a current of (70V-67V)/(2*0.3Ohm)=5A is flowing. Could be feasable if one connects perfectly fast without any hesitation? I'd personally would try to get the voltage difference lower.

Would be a perfect opportunity to "test" the battery packs if each one individually charges to the same voltage or one already shows imbalances/problems.

• Like 1

Yea I would feel much more comfortable getting the voltage a lil close or the same, can anyone tell me how to charge just one battery in the monster? Am thinking just plugging the charge port connector to the appropriate battery connector and plugging in the charger, let me know if that’s the correct way to do it 

• Like 1

Monster rides fine with just one pack connected, just don't push the performance envelope since your available current is reduced by 50% with only one pack connected (1600 wHr base configuration).

This was my step sequence for balancing and reconnecting two battery packs (1600 wHr total configuration):

I used 'WheelLog' to get the battery voltage values for the connected pack(s).

Edited by Bob Eisenman

4 hours ago, Shabba said:

Yea I would feel much more comfortable getting the voltage a lil close or the same, can anyone tell me how to charge just one battery in the monster? Am thinking just plugging the charge port connector to the appropriate battery connector and plugging in the charger, let me know if that’s the correct way to do it 

That's exactly the way. Just connect one battery bag to the charge plug. One after another. And then check the voltages again!