MCM5 v2 - fits 2.5 inch wide tire without modification

14 hours ago, Denny Paul said:

Yeah actually. I know what the Russian guy is referring to, it does seem there’s a bit a hardware tweak. At low speeds the motor has a bit of a whine and vibration. I was using the hard pedal mode. You can make the pedals dip slightly easier on the v2 than the v1. But to do so, you have to wrench on it with your body weight. I imagine that means there may be a theoretical reduction in acceleration or torque, but whether that’s actually going to be perceptible is up to how the wheel is used. I’d guess that nearly all city riders won’t notice the acceleration difference, maybe hill climbers or off-roaders would, but that’s not my thing.

I consider myself a spirited rider. Not extreme adrenaline junkie crazy, but not exactly what I imagine is the average, more mild user either, if that helps.

Thanks so much for the info!!  Mine will be here tomorrow, can't wait.  The reason I asked about torque/acceleration is that I have a pretty steep driveway, I can climb it with my Mten3 (with a good charge) so I'm sure the MCM5 will have no problem, other hills I encounter are much less steep and honestly, I'm drifting away from off road riding so that isn't much of a concern to me either.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Denny Paul said:

Yeah actually. I know what the Russian guy is referring to, it does seem there’s a bit a hardware tweak. At low speeds the motor has a bit of a whine and vibration. I was using the hard pedal mode. You can make the pedals dip slightly easier on the v2 than the v1. But to do so, you have to wrench on it with your body weight. I imagine that means there may be a theoretical reduction in acceleration or torque, but whether that’s actually going to be perceptible is up to how the wheel is used. I’d guess that nearly all city riders won’t notice the acceleration difference, maybe hill climbers or off-roaders would, but that’s not my thing.

I consider myself a spirited rider. Not extreme adrenaline junkie crazy, but not exactly what I imagine is the average, more mild user either, if that helps.

The v2 is definitely not what i’d consider torquey but my riding style isn’t stop light to stop light; for my needs it is perfect. Plenty of oomph to hit top speed quickly and hold it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Clone Rides said:

Would you recommend this over the Tesla v2 as a backup wheel to the Sherman?

right now yes, 2.5 tire + pedal clearance is a must

tesla2 has still more speed and 200wh more 

Just got my V2, man oh man, I love it, it still feels light and has plenty of accessible power without a lot of effort, which I like, haven't tested top speed yet but I'm sure it'll be fast enough for me, I'm not a speed demon.  I can't imagine it with the smaller 2.15" tire, this thing turns super fast with the 2.5" tire but I've never ridden anything with less than a 3" tire so I'm not a good judge on that.  VERY happy with my new MCM5 V2:)

• Like 2

I have had my MCM5 V2 for a week, and as someone who has enjoyed riding my Nikola+, I am awed by the amount of power and speed this wheel has. Even beyond that, I love the pedal clearance, and the thick tire.

I can't be happier with it.

• Like 3

Took mine to a local park with many miles of paths/bridges etc along the river, I got into a nice little race with a city employee in his utility vehicle, I tailed him about 4 miles averaging 18 mph or so, we'd slow down around pedestrians and would hammer down when the road was clear, most fun I've had on a wheel.  Mostly flat terrain, 15.5 mile ride and consumed 51% battery (210 lbs) so I'm pleased.