MCM5 v2 - fits 2.5 inch wide tire without modification

I asked eWheels a ways back about if they plan on stocking the parts to be able to convert an mcm5 to have higher pedals like this one. They said essentially they’re not sure, and if so maybe in a couple/few months, not anytime soon. If the whole shell needs to be changed, I can kind of see why there’s not really a rush. I dunno if I’d cough up the dough for it, or it’d be smarter just to wait for the next new thing to hit the market.

This Facebook post seems to imply that the MCM5 v2 comes with a 2.5-inch wide tire and has the option of LED side lights. Does anyone know if Gotway is shipping them from the factory like this, or if it's an aftermarket dealer upgrade?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I asked Denis if he had any more info.
If this thing is true I will be very tempted.

https://eucsale.com/euc-transport/gotway/mcm5.html

Yes, will be good to hear directly from Denis. The photos and specs on his website still look like the old MCM5 with only 12mm pedal height. I hope it's just because he hasn't received the new MCM5 v2 to be able to take photos yet.

I've chatted with Gotway Intelligent Transport through Facebook Messenger. They said that the MCM5 in the video above (with the guy holding it on the rollers) is a custom build that they can't offer. :(

I can't tell if Gotway Intelligent Transport is the official Gotway representative or not - there's a lot lost in translation.

I wish Gotway would have an official website with updated official spec sheets. There are so many wheel variants, I wonder if Gotway even keeps track?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

Oui, un zoom sur la photo du MCM5 v2 montre en effet un pneu de 2,5 pouces.

Il est étrange que les spécifications indiquent toujours une hauteur de repose-pieds de 120 mm. Je m'attendais à quelque chose de plus haut, peut-être 140 mm?

mcm5v2.png

Yes stay tuned about news. Perhaps it a question to ask at gotway directly ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2020 at 6:17 PM, Denny Paul said:

Ooh I would love if just the hangers were available for purchase. Give me a lot of peace of mind going over bumps. 

I recently bought a mcm5 off of aliexpress claiming it was the 2020 version. I noticed the trolley seems taller, and the pedals were black. But I just confirmed based on the photos that I didn’t seem to get the higher set pedal hangers sadly. 

Would you mind disclosing the seller name?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yellowtrace said:

Would you mind disclosing the seller name?

Intelligent walking store.

i know that the pedals are the ACM type, which is plenty big for this unicycle especially since it’s shaped well.

i can’t say for sure that the trolley handle is taller since I don’t have an older version to compare. But as a 5’8” person I can’t imagine it getting much taller; my elbows bent at a nearly a 90 degrees. Top of the handle measures 38” from the floor when the wheel is on. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, yuweng said:

My friend just got the V2 L-column, looks like mcm5 V1 can indeed raise the pedal up to another 20mm. Or you can also upgrade V1 to V2, you'll need V2 front & back cover AKA the lamp shade, inner shell & L-column. V1 & V2 uses the same outer shell.

Hide contents

IMG-20200630-102620.jpg

New V2 L-column set

IMG-20200630-102923.jpg

IMG-20200630-103241.jpg

V1 & V2 comparison

IMG-20200630-104010.jpg

IMG-20200630-104018.jpg

V2 L-column seems to fit V1 inner shell but only 4 screws instead of 6. You'll also need to cut some of the inner shell for access to the axle nut/ motor wires.

IMG-20200630-173056.jpg

On V2, one of the inner shell has this 50mm opening for the new Bluetooth speaker which will need to be patch up also for V1 user to prevent water entry.

Good to know! Would you happen to have the link to purchase a set of these columns?

• Like 2

My friend bought it direct from an EUC shop in China for approx USD21 a piece while many says Gotway spare parts are expensive, now i know they are not ! i believe many of these online so called reseller, dealer or even distributor are actually at the 3rd or even 4th stage of the distribution hierarchy, after so many stages of mark up, add freight, of course they are expensive !

While another story was another rider friend got direct contact to KS, bought from them before, ask for prices for spare parts, guess what KS price is more expensice than this EUC shop ! Logical explanation is this shop buy in bulk while my friend only need one piece. The only link i can find is this

• Like 2

On 7/5/2020 at 1:13 PM, Konst said:

Please let me know where exactly can I order V2 model.

I received my MCM5 from Airecho/Aliexpress, ordered in April, and I'm just discovering it's a V2 :smartass:
So that's what they must be selling now.

https://airecho.fr.aliexpress.com/store/group/GotWay-MCM5/2151021_517176818.html

They only have 84V at this moment, but the 280Wh 67V I got was really cheap at $496 including delivery and EU taxes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Camenbert said:

I received my MCM5 from Airecho/Aliexpress, ordered in April, and I'm just discovering it's a V2 :smartass:
So that's what they must be selling now.

https://airecho.fr.aliexpress.com/store/group/GotWay-MCM5/2151021_517176818.html

They only have 84V at this moment, but the 280Wh 67V I got was really cheap at $496 including delivery and EU taxes.

Did you get both the raised pedals and wider tire?