Ninebot One S2 battery cell problems

Schnorchel

Hi all,

I‘m Martin from Austria, few days ago, i get my first, used Ninebot One S2 with only 137 km. But my joy was short, I drive round 6 km and the battery was empty. The App says error „battery cell of battery 1 is in big differental voltage“

The Ninebot One S2 stand a Long time in cellar, before I loaded it, the loeading time is very short, But the App shows 100%. Then i  can drive Max. 6 or 7 Km then it stops with 12%.

Can someone help me?

Thx

• Like 1

Welcome!

15 minutes ago, Schnorchel said:

The App says error „battery cell of battery 1 is in big differental voltage“

Afaik this means, that the single cell (groups) of battery pack 1 have different voltages - are misbalanced.

15 minutes ago, Schnorchel said:

The Ninebot One S2 stand a Long time in cellar, before I loaded it, the loeading time is very short, But the App shows 100%.

The full voltage while charging can be quite  reached - but the cells in series still can have very different voltages, i.e. charge status.

Additionally 100% covers a quite voltage range.

Then i  can drive Max. 6 or 7 Km then it stops with 12%.

As the least charged/lowest voltage cells are empty again very fast the range is reduced accordingly.

?for android? an app exists to show the single cell voltages - unfortionately i wasn't able to find it with some quick searching. 

Or does the original app for the S2 give already more/all this information?

Edit: the second try with different search terms was succesfull:

Edited by Chriull

Thanks Chriull,

unfortunately i only have a iphone. 
now i have full load the Ninebot, and disassambled the battery packs, one shines green and the other one blinks green. Which of them is the bad battery?
Is it possible to make the battery working?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Schnorchel said:

Thanks Chriull,

unfortunately i only have a iphone. 
now i have full load the Ninebot, and disassambled the battery packs, one shines green and the other one blinks green. Which of them is the bad battery?

Sorry - i have no specific experience with S2 battery packs. This has ti be answered by someone else. Or you find hints in other S2 battery topics here.

3 minutes ago, Schnorchel said:

Is it possible to make the battery working?

Maybe:ph34r:.

If  it's "only medium grade" cell misbalance causing this alrady some (repeated) charge cycles from ~80% to 100% could help. (1)

Next step would be opening the pack and individually charging the low voltage cell (groups).

If this cell (groups) are already too bad/aged they could be replaced.

Knowing the single cell voltages would help very much. You looked in your app which data is reported? Maybe i mix something up, but for some wheels sometimes some ninebot apps reported detailed battery pack informations?

If some cells are already at very low voltages(below 2.5V), at 0V or even negative voltages all but the exchange is not feasible and one should not charge the pack anymore!

(1) just to be on the safe side take precautions while charging. If there are already seriously bad/damaged cells in the pack they could react very badly while charging! (Risk of fire)

• 2 months later...
My summary of the repair,
I was able to exchange the supposedly broken cells. 
The unicycle also worked afterwards. But the problem was not solved. 
During a later ride the unicycle turned off, I fell on the street. 
It can still be loaded, but I can not turn it on.
If anybody knows an rapair shop nearly Vienna please let me know. 
I bought an Inmotion V8.
Edited by Schnorchel