Jump to content

Request: Disabling Kingsong connection/confirmation beeps


Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, mploy1515 said:

Yeah it's weird, it was working fine obviously at first.... powering on beeps and setting change beeps etc.... But now, nothing. As I was learning to ride, it did take some good tumbles in parking lots, so I'm thinking something's gotta be loose.

Does anyone know where the connection is for this? And again as I mentioned originally, there's been zero speed alarm beeps. It just goes to the 3rd vocal "please decelerate" warning. (at least)

I'm replacing the outer shell soon anyways since it's got a ton of abrasions, so I'll have a chance to look inside as it is, any advice would help to check on this connection!

Thanks!

(Also to note: Anyone have luck reaching out to Kingsong? I've emailed them before, with no luck...)

connection is on controller - simple 2pin connector. u could likely test with 9v batt - discnct from board, cnct the + - pins of cnctr to  + - of batt. shld mk snd.  see this for thread abt buzzers:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

[Split from "Questions about new BT announcement by KS"] Dear @Jack King Song, Would it be possible to disable the confirmation "beeps" for example when starting app, changing wheel settings

I’ve helped push this to my engineers. It’s on our plan, please show your support by clicking the Bluetooth link as it proves how many users are interested in getting rid of these sounds. 

This is an excellent idea that I'm sure many users will appreciate! It would be absolutely awesome if this could be implemented in a future update, @Jack King Song! You'd have the ever-lasting gratitu

On 10/3/2020 at 10:19 PM, mploy1515 said:

Yeah it's weird, it was working fine obviously at first.... powering on beeps and setting change beeps etc.... But now, nothing. As I was learning to ride, it did take some good tumbles in parking lots, so I'm thinking something's gotta be loose.

Does anyone know where the connection is for this? And again as I mentioned originally, there's been zero speed alarm beeps. It just goes to the 3rd vocal "please decelerate" warning. (at least)

I'm replacing the outer shell soon anyways since it's got a ton of abrasions, so I'll have a chance to look inside as it is, any advice would help to check on this connection!

Thanks!

(Also to note: Anyone have luck reaching out to Kingsong? I've emailed them before, with no luck...)

if you have the speed set to max with the third alarm at the same speed and no first or second alarm then you wouldnt hear any... the please decelerate takes the place of the speed alarm.. but no beep while powering on or changing settings means its disconnected.. the beeper is extremely obvious, just take off the left side panel and its in plain sight beside the battery... if its unplugged then obviously just plug it back in, if its not unplugged theyre dirt cheap to replace

Edited by Rywokast
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 1:26 PM, Seba said:

[Split from "Questions about new BT announcement by KS"]

Dear @Jack King Song,

Would it be possible to disable the confirmation "beeps" for example when starting app, changing wheel settings etc. ? Will there be a possibility to mute beeps? I'm sure many KS users would love to make their wheel silent.

@Jack King Song, any progress with this issue? It has been reported half a year ago and still King Song didn't resolved this. Could you check with KS firmware engineers and ask when or if this will be resolved?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank You @Jack King Song Good news - will it be available by FW upgrade?  Are You going to address in the FW upgrade also the need to "hunt" for torque when putting down the carrying handle?

any other issues to be addressed in the new FW (like high beam at 20km/h instead of 10km/h or user configurable at which speed it goes into high beam?)

Edited by Lukasz
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2020 at 7:41 AM, Lukasz said:

Thank You @Jack King Song Good news - will it be available by FW upgrade?  Are You going to address in the FW upgrade also the need to "hunt" for torque when putting down the carrying handle?

any other issues to be addressed in the new FW (like high beam at 20km/h instead of 10km/h or user configurable at which speed it goes into high beam?)

The lack of torque in lift position was changed to that after a vendor raised it as an issue that riders were still attempting to ride it in the 'lift position' causing harm to themselves or damage to the wheel. We'll leave it as is for now, not everything can be customizable in the apps.

In regards to the light, I have not seen this issue brought up by others. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2020 at 6:41 PM, Jack King Song said:

Just a quick update for everyone. Disabling confirmation beeps is being worked on. The phone will now provide a confirmation notification (similar to what you adjust horizontal tilt if you have the latest app). 

That's great! I don't mind confirmation beeps when a variable is received from the app, because that can feel reassuring that the wheel really got something, but the beeps when the wheel a variable is sent to the app are annoying and unnecessary.

38 minutes ago, Jack King Song said:

The lack of torque in lift position was changed to that after a vendor raised it as an issue that riders were still attempting to ride it in the 'lift position' causing harm to themselves or damage to the wheel. We'll leave it as is for now, not everything can be customizable in the apps.

With regards to the lift position, I can see how it had too much torque, but I still like a little bit of torque, so it doesn't just fall over. Kind of like how GotWay does it. A tiny bit of torque makes it easier to lift into the back of my car, too. Then again, I suppose any amount of torque for it to stand on its own, and somebody is going to try to ride it, grrr...

Edited by redfoxdude
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2020 at 7:49 AM, Jack King Song said:

The lack of torque in lift position was changed to that after a vendor raised it as an issue that riders were still attempting to ride it in the 'lift position' causing harm to themselves or damage to the wheel. We'll leave it as is for now, not everything can be customizable in the apps.

Can You modify at least how the torque is  "returned"  to the wheel when handle is pushed down - so that torque is applied immediately and chassis is slowly rising to the straight riding position - to cancel the need to "hunt" for the torque to be returned by moving the wheel to front/back ? 

In regards to the light, I have not seen this issue brought up by others. 

 

If you want to hear reports- sure they can be written, but first check Yourselves if You like be blinded by front lamp of S18 riding towards you - this test can easily be done locally and it is obvious that light shines to much up. 

Edited by Lukasz
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Sometimes I need to enter public transport with my EUC. I want to leave it ON while I walk to my seat, so that it rolls on my side. But the loud switch off (and on) beeps - are really embarrasing :(. Of course I don't dare to use any euc apps then, the connection beeps would be unbearable. Thankfully I got rid of the "bloatooth is off" warning.

It would be logical for KingSong to make these beeps more quiet or allow the users to choose the volume level. But somehow it is taking very long. Has anyone tried to muffle the speakers mechanically?

Edited by aerobit
typos
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2020 at 5:24 AM, aerobit said:

Sometimes I need to enter public transport with my EUC. I want to leave it ON while I walk to my seat, so that it rolls on my side. But the loud switch off (and on) beeps - are really embarrasing :(. Of course I don't dare to use any euc apps then, the connection beeps would be unbearable. Thankfully I got rid of the "bloatooth is off" warning.

It would be logical for KingSong to make these beeps more quiet or allow the users to choose the volume level. But somehow it is taking very long. Has anyone tried to muffle the speakers mechanically?

well if you open it up you can stick some duct tape over the speaker or remove it lol.. i dont understand how it could take more than a day to implement this feature but whatever xD

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2020 at 9:24 AM, aerobit said:

Sometimes I need to enter public transport with my EUC. I want to leave it ON while I walk to my seat, so that it rolls on my side. But the loud switch off (and on) beeps - are really embarrasing :(. Of course I don't dare to use any euc apps then, the connection beeps would be unbearable. Thankfully I got rid of the "bloatooth is off" warning.

It would be logical for KingSong to make these beeps more quiet or allow the users to choose the volume level. But somehow it is taking very long. Has anyone tried to muffle the speakers mechanically?

yes - tape over beeper wrks well and drops volume by 50-70%... the native volume of beeper is overkill and very intrusive. Even after taping u can hear beeper very well with a full face and shield down ( mtrcycle helmet).

Link to post
Share on other sites

That could benefit to older wheels as well : an app with options to stop charging when a user defined voltage is reached. Third party chargers do that but it could be embedded in wheels.

Even better for new wheels : include a clock in the wheels. Then, tell the app "I want my wheel to be charged 80% tomorrow at 8:00AM" and the wheel starts charging and stops when required to maximize batteries lifetime.

That's endless : gather statistics about your riding style and how fast you discharge batteries on regular basis. The above order becomes "I want the wheel to be ready for 50km at 8:00AM tomorrow" and the wheels makes what's necessary.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tokumeino said:

That could benefit to older wheels as well : an app with options to stop charging when a user defined voltage is reached.
 

Charging to anything other than 100% + a few hours of balancing is the fastest known method for killing the battery pack. Such a feature would kill so many packs that, granted, it would probably make the destructiveness of the method better known. But that’s still a bad way to do it in my books.

 Search for “battery balancing” if you want to learn more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Charging to anything other than 100% + a few hours of balancing is the fastest known method for killing the battery pack. Such a feature would kill so many packs that, granted, it would probably make the destructiveness of the method better known. But that’s still a bad way to do it in my books.

 Search for “battery balancing” if you want to learn more.

you dont have to balance the battery every single time you charge it though.... fully charging and fully depleting are worse for the battery it only should be balanced every so often unless youre actually using that full amount of battery every time you ride it

Link to post
Share on other sites

@mrelwood You don't need to balance every time. Plus you don't kill packs 😂 ... worst case you have a chance to kill cells if you don't balance from time to time, because BMS can only monitor parallel packs, and not the cells inside the packs.

Note that I also would prefer the 2 other "advanced" options, and let a smart app full charge from time to time, when it is most likely to be required. Such an app would also help to collect data and improve knowledge and thus automated charging policies.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tokumeino said:

That could benefit to older wheels as well : an app with options to stop charging when a user defined voltage is reached. Third party chargers do that but it could be embedded in wheels.

Even better for new wheels : include a clock in the wheels. Then, tell the app "I want my wheel to be charged 80% tomorrow at 8:00AM" and the wheel starts charging and stops when required to maximize batteries lifetime.

That's endless : gather statistics about your riding style and how fast you discharge batteries on regular basis. The above order becomes "I want the wheel to be ready for 50km at 8:00AM tomorrow" and the wheels makes what's necessary.

Sorry, I made a mistake and posted in the wrong thread. This is massively out of topic, sorry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tokumeino said:

That could benefit to older wheels as well : an app with options to stop charging when a user defined voltage is reached. Third party chargers do that but it could be embedded in wheels.

Even better for new wheels : include a clock in the wheels. Then, tell the app "I want my wheel to be charged 80% tomorrow at 8:00AM" and the wheel starts charging and stops when required to maximize batteries lifetime.

That's endless : gather statistics about your riding style and how fast you discharge batteries on regular basis. The above order becomes "I want the wheel to be ready for 50km at 8:00AM tomorrow" and the wheels makes what's necessary.

In an industry where we can't hardly trust the specs of the chargers, I don't think that trusting them to make a safe timer is a good idea. If you are brave enough to let the wheel begin charging while you are asleep, a simple wall timer would suffice. Maybe even one from a company that knows how to test their products?

Edited by ShanesPlanet
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...

@Jack King Song  Hello Jack, Any update regarding FW for S18?  Togehter with beeps reduction - Can You please make the torque-off function working the same way as for version 2.05 - at least how it used to work when pushing trolley down or up from the carrying position -  Right now torque is not returned  until you move wheel to front/back (so if You don't do this in FW 2.06 wheel falls to front or back instead of returning to full upright position) I want to have it this way that whatever position to front or back wheel is it slowly starts to return to full "upright" position.

I hope it is clear. If not - In other words - make it the same like in GW RS (begode RS) when releasing switch 

Link to post
Share on other sites

just FYI, if one enables the pass on the s18, and then do not enter the pass on the eucWorld, it will still connect in readmode, and will only beep once. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 5/27/2020 at 5:57 PM, Tokumeino said:

That would be very sweet. Any beep except security ones (speed limit) should be possible to disable by user.

Yes!  This 100X.

I don't want a bunch of beeps going off if my phone has to re-connect to the wheel.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I managed to get just one beep out of the s18 from my watch sending 4 commands, it just need to be done fast, so if kingsong does not respond to the request, we can do it changing our software a bit. I also placed a check and it doesn't beep at reconnects at all now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2020 at 8:49 AM, Jack King Song said:

In regards to the light, I have not seen this issue brought up by others. 

I have a request for the light :)

The way it is now, it signals a stop only if in "auto mode".
This would not be problem if "auto mode" also had the tail light on while riding, but it doesn't, it is always off while riding.

Please, make the tail light work better, you have all the modes, but they cannot be used.
I am forced to change the mode to auto real-time when I sense regen on the watch, and back to on again, but every time I hear it beep I am wondering what were you thinking of. 
 

Edited by enaon
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...