Seba

Request: Disabling Kingsong connection/confirmation beeps

1 hour ago, Jack King Song said:

I’ve helped push this to my engineers. It’s on our plan, please show your support by clicking the Bluetooth link as it proves how many users are interested in getting rid of these sounds. 

Great, thanks!

Do you mean clicking on this link: https://bit.ly/3bbPQ8c ?

(The one you included in the thread below)

That would be very sweet. Any beep except security ones (speed limit) should be possible to disable by user.

Also the speed alarm is unnecessary, because the rider can't hear it above 40/45km/h anyway. The only ones who hear it are the people you pass. 

Dear King Song owners,

@Jack King Song created a poll about app confirmation beeps. I encourage you to vote:

Confirmation should beep on our phone's app only, not on wheels.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, z3n said:

Confirmation should beep on our phone's app only, not on wheels.

I'm torn on this. Changes to speed limits & tilt-back settings probably should beep on the wheel--I really want to know that such a setting 'took' on the wheel side. (They're also something you change very rarely.) Conversely none of the other stuff regarding turning on/off, side lights, headlights, etc need to beep at all and I'd love to disable just these.

Edited by AtlasP

yes please! i dont need a beep when i turn it on, or off, or turn the lights on or off or connect to bluetooth just shut the hell up i want all of my wheels to be completely silent always lol

7 hours ago, AtlasP said:

I'm torn on this. Changes to speed limits & tilt-back settings probably should beep on the wheel--I really want to know that such a setting 'took' on the wheel side. (They're also something you change very rarely.) Conversely none of the other stuff regarding turning on/off, side lights, headlights, etc need to beep at all and I'd love to disable just these.

Well... it's all about feedback confirmation, right? So the most natural ways should be:

• Changes from actions on phone's app --> beeps/vibrates on phone
  • Changes from actions on wheels --> beeps on wheels

So glad this topic is coming back up. Ideally I would love if the startup and shutdown beeps were disabled, as well as the !7! beeps that occur when connecting to Bluetooth. That's at the bare minimum, if you got rid of all beeps wholesale I wouldn't care, even the lift sensor.