Request: Disabling Kingsong connection/confirmation beeps

Seba

1 hour ago, Jack King Song said:

I’ve helped push this to my engineers. It’s on our plan, please show your support by clicking the Bluetooth link as it proves how many users are interested in getting rid of these sounds. 

Great, thanks!

Do you mean clicking on this link: https://bit.ly/3bbPQ8c ?

(The one you included in the thread below)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
13 hours ago, z3n said:

Confirmation should beep on our phone's app only, not on wheels.

I'm torn on this. Changes to speed limits & tilt-back settings probably should beep on the wheel--I really want to know that such a setting 'took' on the wheel side. (They're also something you change very rarely.) Conversely none of the other stuff regarding turning on/off, side lights, headlights, etc need to beep at all and I'd love to disable just these.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, AtlasP said:

I'm torn on this. Changes to speed limits & tilt-back settings probably should beep on the wheel--I really want to know that such a setting 'took' on the wheel side. (They're also something you change very rarely.) Conversely none of the other stuff regarding turning on/off, side lights, headlights, etc need to beep at all and I'd love to disable just these.

Well... it's all about feedback confirmation, right? So the most natural ways should be:

• Changes from actions on phone's app --> beeps/vibrates on phone
  • Changes from actions on wheels --> beeps on wheels
  • Like 2

So glad this topic is coming back up. Ideally I would love if the startup and shutdown beeps were disabled, as well as the !7! beeps that occur when connecting to Bluetooth. That's at the bare minimum, if you got rid of all beeps wholesale I wouldn't care, even the lift sensor. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, JohnL said:

I just got an 18L and I knew it was going to beep... And I thought I could put up with it..  but its so annoying!!!

I wish I had gone for a different brand.  This thing beeps 9 times just for being turned on.  And one beep would still be too many.

SO, the sound that is the emergency warning that the wheel may be overpowered and about to send you to the hospital - is the same sound you get when you turn it on and connect to the app.  Its like having your smoke alarm go off to tell you that the kettle is boiled.

I turned it on at work today and someone though the security alarm had gone off.  Its annoying.  It disturbs people.  It is just bad design!  If I go into the supermarket and turn off the headlight BEEEEP! 

I really don't want to have to open up the wheel to disconnect the buzzer, but what other choice is there?  I bought a Kingsong because I thought it would be a safe wheel and don't want to disable an important safety feature. 

Please tell us this will be fixed soon.  Its really taken the joy out of my new purchase. I find myself yelling at it to SHUT UP, but that doesn't work either.

well you could always disconnect it and just use voice prompts or euc world for alarms.. very much doubt they will ever change it

Edited by Rywokast

11 hours ago, JohnL said:

I just got an 18L and I knew it was going to beep... And I thought I could put up with it..  but its so annoying!!!

I wish I had gone for a different brand.  This thing beeps 9 times just for being turned on.  And one beep would still be too many.

SO, the sound that is the emergency warning that the wheel may be overpowered and about to send you to the hospital - is the same sound you get when you turn it on and connect to the app.  Its like having your smoke alarm go off to tell you that the kettle is boiled.

I turned it on at work today and someone though the security alarm had gone off.  Its annoying.  It disturbs people.  It is just bad design!  If I go into the supermarket and turn off the headlight BEEEEP! 

I really don't want to have to open up the wheel to disconnect the buzzer, but what other choice is there?  I bought a Kingsong because I thought it would be a safe wheel and don't want to disable an important safety feature. 

Please tell us this will be fixed soon.  Its really taken the joy out of my new purchase. I find myself yelling at it to SHUT UP, but that doesn't work either.

It really is the most annoying thing about their wheels. I get we can disconnect the speaker, but it shouldn't be needed. I understand what they are for, but all that is needed is to give people the option to mute them.

Won't go as far as say terrible design choice, but not being able to mute those is a decent oversight.

It really is an obnoxious sound to have happening so often.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Regarding "confirmation beeps" this is also application related (or BT handling related) If you use Wheellog instead of EUC World - it produces only 1 beep when connecting - much less intrusive...

10 hours ago, Lukasz said:

Regarding "confirmation beeps" this is also application related (or BT handling related) If you use Wheellog instead of EUC World - it produces only 1 beep when connecting - much less intrusive...

It's because Wheellog doesn't read wheel settings on startup, as its settings support is rather limited.

On all my wheels where such beeps cannot be silenced but where i want to maintain speed warning, I cover this little beeper with tape in orderto reduce volume to an appropriate level. Given the machines all hv powerful speakers, this function shld hv been adapted to use the speakers and more granular control in fware/app. The 10cent beeper shld perhaps  be deprecated...

On 5/11/2020 at 4:26 AM, Seba said:

[Split from "Questions about new BT announcement by KS"]

Dear @Jack King Song,

Would it be possible to disable the confirmation "beeps" for example when starting app, changing wheel settings etc. ? Will there be a possibility to mute beeps? I'm sure many KS users would love to make their wheel silent.

My "issue" as a new KS-16x owner, is that I'm not even getting connection / confirmation beeps (anymore), so what gives?

It's just quiet. Sounds like some riders would love this, but I'm just worried somethings wrong, or maybe I damaged something on a fall.

In addition, the speed beeps never worked, from the beginning....

2 minutes ago, mploy1515 said:

My "issue" as a new KS-16x owner, is that I'm not even getting connection / confirmation beeps (anymore), so what gives?

It's just quiet. Sounds like some riders would love this, but I'm just worried somethings wrong, or maybe I damaged something on a fall.

In addition, the speed beeps never worked, from the beginning....

Sounds like something is not right here. No pun intended. 

You can turn on voice prompts for speed alerts I think. That should at least get you that safety. 

Some may consider you lucky to have a busted beeper.. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Sounds like something is not right here. No pun intended. 

You can turn on voice prompts for speed alerts I think. That should at least get you that safety. 

Some may consider you lucky to have a busted beeper.. 

Yeah it's weird, it was working fine obviously at first.... powering on beeps and setting change beeps etc.... But now, nothing. As I was learning to ride, it did take some good tumbles in parking lots, so I'm thinking something's gotta be loose.

Does anyone know where the connection is for this? And again as I mentioned originally, there's been zero speed alarm beeps. It just goes to the 3rd vocal "please decelerate" warning. (at least)

I'm replacing the outer shell soon anyways since it's got a ton of abrasions, so I'll have a chance to look inside as it is, any advice would help to check on this connection!

Thanks!

(Also to note: Anyone have luck reaching out to Kingsong? I've emailed them before, with no luck...)

Edited by mploy1515