eWheels - NEPA

PennBruce

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, binks00 said:

There's a thread for philly with a couple riders. I live near Allentown. Where are you from?

North of the Poconos, Canadensis, PA.   Any good riding areas in Allentown?

I just finished riding the McDade Trail in the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area.  It's a 31 mile trail but not all of it is open. 

NPS_delaware-water-gap-mcdade-trail-map.thumb.jpg.c1412d6ee8c1159e76cd970e26c38227.jpg

The section just below Milford is closed as it is an eagle nesting area.  It's open later in the summer but only to hikers.

1852040786_MaDadeTrail-EndofBikePath.thumb.jpg.26c2bdbe8bc5ecdbe7973a77a68c7fbc.jpg

It's a good ride, no technical terrain.  Just some steep hills around the park headquarters.

Bruce

That looks like a nice place. It's a shame we live so far from one another. The parkway in Allentown is nice. I usually ride thru there and a couple of parks along the way. There are some technical trails too but a lot of street riding to get between. 

Perhaps we can get the Philadelphia riders interested in coming up and riding the McDade trail.

How long is the parkway ride?  Is "parkway" the actual name of the road?  I am always up for riding a new area.

Bruce

It's called Lehigh parkway. It's not huge but it's in the center of Allentown so there's lots of other parks nearby like the rose gardens and trexler park. I think McDade is about 3 hours from Philly so don't hold your breath.

I wouldn't mind going to Philly sometime for a meetup and check it all the park and trails. 

1 minute ago, binks00 said:

I wouldn't mind going to Philly sometime for a meetup and check it all the park and trails. 

Sounds like a plan.  Let me know when you're up for a Philly trip and I'll join you.

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2020 at 5:39 PM, binks00 said:

It's called Lehigh parkway. It's not huge but it's in the center of Allentown so there's lots of other parks nearby like the rose gardens and trexler park

I was in Allentown on Wednesday and rode the Parkway,

441871531_LehighParkway062420.thumb.jpg.6c606a71b590daf784c89362a7b24384.jpgNice park.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Bruce`

• 1 year later...
On 5/10/2020 at 3:09 PM, PennBruce said:

Any riders in Northeastern PA?

Bruce

I just picked up an EUC and am trying to learn.  I can't do it yet, but every day I improve.  It is also very muddy and rainy right now.  When I get it going, I will ride the local trails.

• 5 months later...

I bought an Inmotion V12 as my first wheel last month and still trying desperately to learn.  I live in Hunterdon County, NJ, not far from Allentown.  Would love to meet up with an experienced rider to get some pointers. Getting  very frustrated.  

Bryan

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bryan2024 said:

I bought an Inmotion V12 as my first wheel last month and still trying desperately to learn.  I live in Hunterdon County, NJ, not far from Allentown.  Would love to meet up with an experienced rider to get some pointers. Getting  very frustrated.  

Bryan

(I'm not even on the same continent as NEPA)

The V12 is a great wheel. It may be a bit heavy, but you can surely learn on it. Feel free to make a thread about your troubles if you need help. Asking riders in your area is a great idea, too. Good luck and have fun, that's the point:)

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/forum/66-learning-to-ride/

• 3 weeks later...