Where to get a replacement MSX motor

As discussed in this thread I have an MSX with a motor that completely pooped its pants and needs replacement, but I'm having a surprising amount of trouble finding one.

While Jason from eWheels has them listed for 290 USDhttps://www.ewheels.com/product/18-2000w-motor-msx-msuper/
unfortunately he won't ship here to Australia.

The only other place I can seem to find it is on Green Fashion's AliExpress store for 350 USD. As it is I've been far from enamoured with green fashions service and just  kind of find it galling to pay 60 USD more than what Jason is charging for what has proven to be rather substandard service.

Anyone know of anywhere else I could get such a motor?

Any friends in the USA that would forward it to you?

I've shipped a bunch of stuff to NZ and AU for other motorcycle people over the years when the seller here won't or can't

Have you tried to contact Gotway directly?

3 minutes ago, Willy510 said:

Any friends in the USA that would forward it to you?

I don't know anyone directly but I could always employ the services of a freight forwarder (though that seems excessive).

3 minutes ago, Willy510 said:

Have you tried to contact Gotway directly?

I have actually tried to contact Gotway directly but after two weeks haven't received a reply. Guess I'll try again.

They're not a particularly easy company to get in contact with. Any suggestions on the best way to actually contact them?

1 minute ago, Delmeekc said:

Have you tried this, it's their link from their own website.

https://begode.m.en.alibaba.com/

I believe so.

I've also just sent an email to: begode11@kebye.com
(which I got of the kebye website) and was surprised to receive a reply just now. Will see how it goes.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 7:00 PM, mrelwood said:

Thanks @mrelwood

Unfortunately their response was: ""Sorry, we had no the MSX motor now".

• Like 1

I work for the USPS, if you don't mind that carrier and cost, I don't mind forwarding it on to you.  It would be nice however to know shipping costs to you before you invest in the motor, if we can get the dimensions of the box and weight, I can get a price beforehand to see if it's worth your while.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 5/10/2020 at 1:09 PM, Slartibartfast said:

Thanks @mrelwood

Unfortunately their response was: ""Sorry, we had no the MSX motor now".

Hey did you manage to find one? I'm also looking for one now after some misalignment In the motor after 6k miles it's scraping inside

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2021 at 6:29 AM, RicJG said:

Hey did you manage to find one? I'm also looking for one now after some misalignment In the motor after 6k miles it's scraping inside

Have you ruled out the possibility of it being a bearing issue? if it is, you could buy yourself new bearings and save yourself some money that way.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/6/2021 at 10:17 PM, Voyex said:

Have you ruled out the possibility of it being a bearing issue? if it is, you could buy yourself new bearings and save yourself some money that way.

I mean, the bearings feel smooth and there's zero play in them at all. I feel like if I replace the bearings it won't make a difference. But where it started making contact inside, part of the stator is damaged so I'd rather just replace the whole motor. Any idea on whether a msp C30 motor would work?

10 hours ago, RicJG said:

Any idea on whether a msp C30 motor would work?

Okay! That makes sense. From what I've seen on the E-wheels website, the MSX 100v motor is the same as the MSP C30's

• Like 1

On 5/31/2021 at 9:42 AM, Voyex said:

Okay! That makes sense. From what I've seen on the E-wheels website, the MSX 100v motor is the same as the MSP C30's

Thanks for the input, I found one on AliExpress hopefully it arrives 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2020 at 5:00 AM, mrelwood said:

+1 for Wheeltech on aliexpress, gotten various spare parts from him, speaks reasonably good english, ships quick, and his DHL shipping cost is less than the rest. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

+1 for Wheeltech on aliexpress, gotten various spare parts from him, speaks reasonably good english, ships quick, and his DHL shipping cost is less than the rest. 

Exactly my own experience too with Wheel Tech Store for various spare parts over the last 3 years, a highly recommended Ali seller!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1