Questions about new BT update announced by KS

Unventor

Has anyone managed to get this work on an 18L or 18XL? From what I can see in this thread, the patch is only working on the 16X.

@Jack King Song As you can see in the video below, I applied the patch to the 16X and immediately afterwards tried on the 18XL, using the same USB drive, and it simply enters music mode and plays the mp3 file (on the top USB; it doesn't detect it on the bottom port).

Mine is a 1st batch 18XL, serial number date is 15 November 2018 (181115).

@brockj wasn't able to patch his 18XL successfully either, although in his case the wheel did at least recognize the patch (as detailed in this post). What's the production date on your wheel @brockj? Look up the serial number, it should be KS18L4D181115****, the numbers in bold are the ones we're looking for. Hopefully this info will be useful in terms of determining BT/USB/mp3 chip version and why different wheels are responding differently to the patch / not detecting it at all.

• 3 months later...
On 5/8/2020 at 8:50 AM, Jack King Song said:

1. if you want to to revert back (not sure why youd want that) you can, this update doesnt affect ride performance simply bluetooth, if this updates has messed up your bluetooth please report it to me. 

2. This doesnt work for all KS models, obviously only ones that include USB. 

3. Customizable sounds (bluetooth starting up, horn sounds, beep sounds) are not on the current plan. 

Jack, 

It just plays the music on my 18L. DO I need the MP3 file?

On 5/18/2020 at 4:03 PM, DjPanJan said:

I make test today again(i have alredy patched). Here is results. What you think?

One video is Bluetooth module OFF (in app)

Second one is Bluetooth module ON (in app)

(thx @travsformation for pushing things good way)

XvsbADL.jpg?1

6 hours ago, GothamMike said:

It just plays the music, nothing else happens..

love me!

• 3 years later...