Questions about new BT update announced by KS

Unventor

@Tinkererboi i think no try use left usb port. Mine is silent after patch no more "bluetooth is connected" and "bluetooth is disconnected". 🎉🥳

Any patch overwrite old one. Be shure on formated FAT32 stick  16/32Gb empty you copy updata.bfu and one Mp3 file (not longer like 10 min) Left usb no right(i think if you face stering to usb ports = left).

• Like 1

@Jack King Song I know you wrote that Bluetooth music must be switched on.

The patch is a nice start and works great, but I don't listen to my music on the 16X, but on the Bose Soundlink micro, so I didn't activate "Bluetooth Music" at all.

It's annoying that people like me must still hear the message "Bluetooth is off" every time I turn on the wheel. 

Can you also deactivate this message? Pleeeeeeaaase 🙏🙏🙏

6 hours ago, buell47 said:

The patch is a nice start and works great, but I don't listen to my music on the 16X, but on the Bose Soundlink micro, so I didn't activate "Bluetooth Music" at all.

It's annoying that people like me must still hear the message "Bluetooth is off" every time I turn on the wheel. 

Whether you use the wheel for music playback or not doesn't matter, you can apply the patch and leave Bluetooth music switched on in the app so that that the patch works as intended, just don't pair your phone to the device "Kingsong Music" ;)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, buell47 said:

One work around is just to forget bluetooth device right now so even if the bluetooth is on you wont hear a sound, we've decided to leave it on otherwise users who have it off may be wondering why bluetooth isnt working. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tinkererboi said:

@Jack King Song thank you once again for your support and hard work! 

After seeing your post, I tried applying the original bluetooth patch first, and then this one. This time I think it succeeded. I hear the dididi sounds in this installation whereas the first time I tried it only said "enter music mode".

It seems that the "bluetooth is connected" and "bluetooth is disconnected" sound is much softer now. Is this the correct effect of the patch? 

You can increase the volume again through various EUC apps. If you still hear bluetooth is connected/disconnected the update did not go through succesfully. I suggest trying a different USB port, please also make sure you follow the instructions file in the link. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jack King Song said:

One work around is just to forget bluetooth device right now so even if the bluetooth is on you wont hear a sound, we've decided to leave it on otherwise users who have it off may be wondering why bluetooth isnt working. 

Just in case one in a hundred is too stupid to switch on Bluetooth to listen to music, 99 others have to deal with the annoying "Bluetooth is off". :confused1:

Seriously KingSong, I often don't understand you! :(

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Just in case one in a hundred is too stupid to switch on Bluetooth to listen to music, 99 others have to deal with the annoying "Bluetooth is off". :confused1:

In many countries you need to indicate a product is having BT or wifi signal turned on as some areas they are not allowed. These are laws manufactor have to comply to. This is easy if you have a display. Or a led/lamp indicator. I guess another way is audio message.

If this has something to do with this I don't know. But in the product I support we get questions if they can't turn off the indicator led, which isn't possible due to these laws (mostly printers).

Just saying.

• Like 1

I would like to add my observations here:
After installing the latest patch, I had to choose to forget BT kingsongmusic on my phone and pair it again.

Then everything changes as it should, maybe that's why someone doesn't update smoothly.

Try removing BT on your phone and pairing again. It does this for the samsung galaxy S7.

Once I re-paired the ks16x everything runs smoothly. 100% sucess 💪🏻🤸🏻‍♀️🕵🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chriull said:

If you recovered again and are ready for new trials you could use another ueb stick. Size/manufacturer/technology could matter.

Could be. I first tried my only USB which is old as shit and has trouble maintaining stable connection and then a 16gb SD card with a USB adapter.

Maybe if i get my hands on a new USB i'll try again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, buell47 said:

My car has design features I don't much care for, but complaining to the company's PR dept. isn't going to change anything ;)

The patch has been released to solve this particular annoyance and the manufacturer has a representative in the forum who is listening to user feedback and providing solutions, this is great news for the community! Why focus on the negative?

Imagine telling your past self from 20 years ago that in the future you'd be commuting to work at 50 km/h on a badass, self-balancing electric one-wheeled vehicle while listening to your favourite tunes, which are streamed wirelessly from your phone. Now picture his face when you tell him that despite the above, you're annoyed by the fact the wheel issues voice prompts to inform you that it's ready for music playback :P

The positive being: 

1) Electric unicycles!!! 

2) There's a patch that fixes the issue

The negative being....

1) :confused1:

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, buell47 said:

I didn't complain about the BT fuss before. It's just the way I am, you either do something right or you don't. The patch was one of those things in my eyes. :efefa6edcf:

I understand the sentiment, I'm the same, but compared to Kingsong's (and all EUC manufacturers, really) approach in the past, we're finally seeing a lot of progress in the right direction. Great job @Jack King Song:)

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 3

I heard a high pitched sound for several minutes before I gave up and restarted the wheel. The prompts are still there, just as before. Maybe I need to wait longer?

I recorded the process with a full minute of the high pitched sounds, but I let this go for another 10 minutes or so before giving up. I'm not sure I'd this is the "dididi" sound or if something else should be playing.

Could someone who has done this successfully take a look and compare? (Note that the high pitched sound just persists, you likely won't want to listen to the whole thing.)

Edited by brockj
Another comment
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Jack King Song said:

Thank's guys! Means a lot! 

Keep the feedback coming! 

I'm like an itch that won't go away until you address it:

Any word on obtaining the original file "revert" for the Ks18L bluetooth? I would also like to give this a try and rid of the annoying voice prompt. However, what if i just HAPPENED to prefer the prompt, as my bt music player is weak at times. Hard to know what I prefer, until I try it. Giving me the update is like me trading in a car for one I havent driven, and not offering a return policy. More a question than feedback.

Feedback: Youre doing a great job and we appreciate your efforts.

• Like 1

@Jack King Song I'm going to back @ShanesPlanet's request that it would be nice to have a failsafe / downgrade to revert to the previous state in case something goes wrong, and I imagine a lot of users are refraining from doing this update for that very reason.

Here's my experience:

- I tried with my 1st-batch 18XL. When I plugged in the USB drive on the bottom USB, it did nothing. When I plugged it into the top USB, I got an "Enter music mode" voice prompt and it started playing the mp3. That's all it did. Nothing else. I tried both ports again, I tried turning the wheel on with the USB drive already in the wheel, I made sure Bluetooth was enabled, recopied the files to the pendrive (which was adequately formatted as exFAT), but nothing. So I tried with the 16X:

- First try with the 16X: Plugged it into the left USB, got an "Enter music mode" prompt, it played 1/2 second of music, stopped, emitted a high-frequency hiss for a second, beeped for about 5", emitted another high-frequency hiss for a couple of second, went silent. I waited another 30" for in case, then switched off the wheel and removed the USB drive. When I switched the wheel back on, the LEDs flashed white a couple of times, then went off. Completely off: No battery indication, no riding or music LEDs, nothing. As you can imagine, I just about freaked out. I switched the wheel off and back on. Nothing. I checked in EUC World and SoftTuner, deactivated and reactivated LEDs. Nothing. Realizing that BT/USB chip issues cannot be solved via any of the available apps, I was not too calm at this point, so I did the only thing I could do: I did the update again. 

The update process went exactly the same as the first time, except that on the second try, it yielded the expected results: LEDs are back to normal and the Bluetooth voice prompts are gone. It did turn down the volume, which I had to readjust.

In view of the inconsistent results, right now I would not recommend installing it, in my opinion the potential for messing something up (with no way to revert back to the previous state) by far outweighs the benefits. Different wheels are reacting differently, the same wheel reacts differently on different attempts and we have no way to fix this if something goes wrong. I don't think this should be considered a stable patchand I don't think it should be made available to users without a disclaimer and until it's been more thoroughly tested (by Kingsong) on more wheels and a) Proven to be completely safe and fail-proof or b) a rollback / patch-to-fix-the-patch is offered alongside it to recover any failed installations. 

@Jack King Song I know you're the messenger and not involved in development / this patch in particular :)

As KS's rep in the forum, I'd like to ask you to please pass on this information to the people in charge of this patch. And to KS management (supposing you have their ear and they're willing to listen), the general idea that while their wheels are selling very well in the West (mostly North America and Europe), Westerners expect a certain level of QC, reassurance (or failsafes) to come with such pricey products, and while I view the direction KS is currently headed in a very positive light, workarounds like this are reminiscent of the old Kingsong, make consumers weary  and are very negative in terms of buyers' trust in the manufacturer. And as I said, this advice is directed at whoever is making the decisions, not at you, I know you're doing your best to help users out to the extent that you're able to / with the tools and resources KS makes available to you :)

I hope you don't mind that I took the liberty to add a disclaimer to the Patch announcement thread (and to the first post in this thread; I hope you don't mind, @Unventor). I don't mean to be alarmist, and will edit it as soon as I've received your feedback / changes have been made / a failsafe has been released, but for now, I think it's preferable to alert users of the potential risks rather than end up with a bunch of unhappy users for whom the remedy proved worse than the disease

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 2

On 5/16/2020 at 6:39 PM, Bruno Moretti said:

I have a Kingsong 16XS. It's the same procedure as of 16X?

yes same. 

• Like 1

I make test today again(i have alredy patched). Here is results. What you think?

One video is Bluetooth module OFF (in app)

Second one is Bluetooth module ON (in app)

(thx @travsformation for pushing things good way)

XvsbADL.jpg?1

Edited by DjPanJan
edit add second video
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

I make test today again. Here is results.

Bluetooth has to be enabled (from KS app, EUC World, DB or SoftTuner) for this patch to work!

2020-05-18-16-13-00-Installation-Instruc

I generally don't use Bluetooth on my wheels, so I haven't paired my phone to the device "Kingsong music" so it doesn't connect automatically every time I switch on the wheel. When I want to use wheel speakers, I pair it with "Kingsong Music", then always unpair after I'm done. Not ideal, but works for me (it's actually less work than disconnecting from "Kingsong Music" every time I switch the wheel on)

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 2