Update: gone now!! — miniPro "renewed" w/ 5700mAh battery on walmart.com

update: no more, apparently, but still interesting about the battery firmware error

Hi, just wanted to give a heads-up of what seems like a pretty good deal so far - I just received a factory-refurbished/re-certified miniPro from walmart.com, with the 5700mAh battery! For $299! The listing indicated it was 'renewed,' which turns out just to mean factory refurbished, as the official packaging and Ninebot 90 day warranty indicate.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post about this, so forgive me (and I don't work for Walmart or anything like that), but I just wanted to share my experience.

I bought it pretty much entirely for the battery, I have a Ninebot S with the 4300mAh battery and it's just not enough. I had ordered one from More4Motion, but it ended up failing after 2 uses/recharges so I sent it back. Then I happened to find this deal on Walmart and figured it was worth the gamble, given the battery could have been used or just be failing after years in storage... I've used it only one time so far (got it today) and performed as expected!

***Also a sidenote, IDK if the 4800/5700mAh curiosity has been resolved, but after fully charging, the battery read only 4800mAh in the app. However, it also immediately prompted me to update the firmware (BMS update only), and after the update, it read 5700mAh! And this is with the standard OEM Ninebot 59.5V charger.

Given that these batteries sell for $265 on M4M, to get a spare Segway, and charger, for just a little over that seems like a bargain. Also, is directly sold by walmart.com, not a 3rd party seller.

I'll update if anything changes/fails regarding the battery, but so far so good.

Cheers!

Edited by kristof_explorer

Hmmm, they must have sold out as I don't see them on the site.  Sounds like the update caused the software to lie.  The only way to get the full capacity out of the battery is to charge it to 63V, unless they changed the cells in the battery-pack.  Wonder what it would read if you charged it to 63V. 

Someone reported something about a deal on Woot also for $250, may have also been some refurbished units.

There have been rumors of refurbished units coming with the smaller battery, so interesting if they had the original.