When bikers think we're nuts...

That’s really awesome! Did you get the remote too? Looks like delivery is sometime in June. A rear view display would be a nice touch. :thumbup:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

That’s really awesome! Did you get the remote too? Looks like delivery is sometime in June. A rear view display would be a nice touch. :thumbup:

Yeah, June. Can't wait! We have a progressive lockdown easing in place and by early June we're expected to be able to return to what they've started to call the new normal (a bit of a paradoxal expression if you ask me).

I got the basic package that comes with the HUD and the audio kit (in-helmet speakers + microphone). Rear view would be awesome but I doubt it's something they'll add functionality for, since 99% of their customers are bikers who wouldn't need/use it...but it would be a great addition!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Planemo said:

This tech would be amazing to run EUC World on, would tempt me to do away with my Pebble completely

I mentioned it to @Seba but it wouldn't be an easy task and there isn't enough demand to make it worth it. I think he needs to recover from Tizen & AVAS development before I make any new requests... :efee612b4b:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Oh OK, I probably jumped the gun a bit there - when I read about Google Maps etc being used I assumed it would just run any Android app

If I understand correctly, it will work well with any app that supports Android Auto. But I think it can also use be used in screen-casting mode, which if true, won't make for as native-looking an experience (status bar, notifications popping up and whatnot), but might still be usable. 

Edit: If the above is the case, a lot of EUC World's current features (landscape support, full-screen) could possibly work out well with the EyeRide HUD

Edited by travsformation

1 hour ago, travsformation said:

Yeah, June. Can't wait! We have a progressive lockdown easing in place and by early June we're expected to be able to return to what they've started to call the new normal (a bit of a paradoxal expression if you ask me).

I got the basic package that comes with the HUD and the audio kit (in-helmet speakers + microphone). Rear view would be awesome but I doubt it's something they'll add functionality for, since 99% of their customers are bikers who wouldn't need/use it...but it would be a great addition!

Maaan, thanks for not only an absolute side-splitting laugh with that pic, but also this tech got me so interested... Ive just signed up for a basic too .   to display always my speed and stats.

Lets hope it works as intended... worth a punt, it simply isnt ideal always checking my watch and sometimes having to navigate back to the app with button presses mid ride to see it.

Cheers

P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Planemo said:

Cool. For me personally, just having speed and battery % is all I would need :)

Instantaneous wattage can help you spot places where your energy usage is absurdly high. For instance, if you drop into a depression then climb out, your wattage might be a crazy 1500 watts or more, but if you bend your knees a lot and let the wheel lightly drag itself out, then the consumption goes down to almost nothing.

4 hours ago, Seba said:

I will take a look at EyeRide HUD and integration with EUC World. But for now I just can't make any promises.

Seba, you always go above and beyond duty! :wub:

Pretty cool tech for the extreme rider. As if we even needed an euc to have another excuse for more nerdy gadgetry. Boys and their toys, a never ending search! I'll be following this for sure. Just what i need, MORE distractions...Standalone EUCW capability and I may even wear a helmet more often.:D

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Pretty cool tech for the extreme rider. As if we even needed an euc to have another excuse for more nerdy gadgetry. Boys and their toys, a never ending search! I'll be following this for sure. Just what i need, MORE distractions...Standalone EUCW capability and I may even wear a helmet more often.:D

:roflmao:

Look like my elaborate scheme to get you to wear a helmet is slowly starting to yield results... :efee612b4b:

• 2 weeks later...