Gazza-usa

Gotway msx grip tape template

Posted (edited)

Has anyone here replaced the grip tape on the MSX pedals and if so do you have a template you could share please ?  Mine are knarled up ready (probably a bad factory sticking job) and I'd like to replace them.  I have the grip tape but I obviously need to cut them to shape.  It would be helpful if someone has a printout or similar CAD file that I could use.  This will save me a lot of time and I'm pretty sure that some of you have had to do this already (or as part of a custom job?).  Or maybe there's an easier way ?

Thanks.

Edited by Gazza-usa

Can you stick a piece of paper between the pedal and the case, close the pedals, and trace it?

all you have to do is remove your current grip tape and then remove the small screws on top of the pedal and then you remove the top plate and use that as your template 

Posted (edited)

cant you do like the old skate shops? Cut it bigger, stick to the pedal and run a file down the pedal edge a few times? Grab a sharp blade and use the pedal's edge itself as the template? I'd imagine it'd be easy enough to do w/o removing anything but the old tape?Angle the blade just right and you get that nice undercut edge look, no snagging.

Edited by ShanesPlanet