KS18XL Arrived, struggling with app

Sugarat

Hi all, 

After much deciding between the V10F and the KS18XL, my 18XL has finally arrived.  However,  I have download the 'SoftTuner' app and am confused where do I even see the battery level?  There's settings and firmware update buttons, but.. battery..?

Cheers

12 hours ago, svenomous said:

Hi @Sugarat: the fact that you downloaded SoftTuner indicates you're on iOS.  This app is actually an internal engineering app used by KS and dealers, which they've made available to the public as a stop-gap measure because they took their regular app out of the app store.  Apparently they're having some issues with their new app passing the Apple qualifications.  In any case, the purpose of SoftTuner is not to be used to see speed, battery level, or anything like that.  Instead, use the guest login, connect to the wheel, and use it to do settings like speed limits, the light settings, etc.  When that's done, exit that app and go to DarknessBot.  Use that to see battery level, and incidentally it can also be used to set most if not all of the wheel settings.

Aah that's great.  Yes, using DarknessBot I can now see the battery and other status of the wheel. 

Although I must say, what are KingSong playing at?  The wheel is hardly a brand new product, but there is no decent iOS app for it?  If not for this forum (and your reply) I, as a brand new KingSong customer would be completely baffled and unable to even check the battery status..  Very bizarre.. Fancy taking your iOS app off the play store before a replacement is ready.

Oh well, thanks very much. I can use the wheel now. 

• Like 1

The Kingsong standard app is a dumpster fire.  Use it to unlock the wheel, then switch to EUC world for Android or Darkness bot for Apple.  Its absurd that KS still doesn't support the 16X with their Apple app.  Insane....  You WILL love the 18XL though!

Edited by Preston Palmer

11 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

He's got an 18XL Preston but I'm pretty sure he'll love that too ;)

The latest firmware for the 18XL is 2.00 (I think) and another app you might want to try out is EUC World.

Hah!  Yes.  KS app doesn't support the 16X yet.  Works on the 18XL... Either way, that app stinks!  V2.0 on that wheel with the 2200W motors is incredible.  I consider it basically the perfect wheel.  KS did an awesome job on it.

• Like 1