My Alta Redshift Electric Supermoto

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 4:28 PM, RetroThruster said:

Had this, sold it, really really miss it, top speed was around 85 mph, would wheelie at 40, rather violently, wish I had never sold it, they've since gone out of business:(

TdsjcF7.jpg

UC0s0x9.jpg

Really bummed they went under!  Seemed to hold a lot of promise, then suddenly gone, like Cannondale dirt bikes!

Isnt getting rid of something BEFORE the company goes under, a good thing? Don't feel too badly, as you would have had to baby it and be too worried that repair parts would become hard/expensive to find. You got the best out of it tho. You got to ride it while it was new, sell it before it became worrisome, and still have pictures to look at. Pictures dont even need much maintenance and take much less room than a show bike. Just wait, I bet something better will come, as soon as battery tech increases by a good margin.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

Yeah, I sold it before I honestly knew they were going under, they (Alta) are still sought after, especially for the off road guys, the guys over on the forum and pretty crafty at keeping things going on them but in time, they're gonna need some parts that'll be hard to source.  I'm hoping one of the big 4 Japanese manufacturers do something, Zero is really the only one making anything obtainable and the closest dealer is 3 hrs away, and they're not known for their reliability.