InMotion L9 on Indiegogo

Nic

Anyone looking for a long range scooter should take a look at the new InMotion L9. I just backed this project on Indiegogo as this model looks perfect for getting around the city. This isn't a scooter for mixed commutes as its a tad heavy for that at 24kg, but its perfect for exploring your local area and hauling groceries. It has a 500w high torque motor for hill climbing and cruising. Top speed in 18.9 mph so its not designed for speed, but for cruising and has good acceleration even on hills. It also looks smart and shouldn't attract too much unwanted attention like a bigger racier model would. Its worth checking out if you are in the market for something like this.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/inmotion-l9-cruise-in-style

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 4/29/2020 at 6:27 PM, Nic said:

Anyone looking for a long range scooter should take a look at the new InMotion L9. I just backed this project on Indiegogo as this model looks perfect for getting around the city. This isn't a scooter for mixed commutes as its a tad heavy for that at 24kg, but its perfect for exploring your local area and hauling groceries. It has a 500w high torque motor for hill climbing and cruising. Top speed in 18.9 mph so its not designed for speed, but for cruising and has good acceleration even on hills. It also looks smart and shouldn't attract too much unwanted attention like a bigger racier model would. Its worth checking out if you are in the market for something like this.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/inmotion-l9-cruise-in-style

Have you received your L9 , is it any good?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2020 at 5:30 AM, stephen said:

Have you received your L9 , is it any good?

I've been absent for a while, so sorry for my late reply.

Yes, I have received my L9 and it seems very well built compared to my Xiaomi M365 Pro. Its built like a tank and quite heavy at 24kg, My Xiaomi feels like a toy by comparison. There are several reviews on YouTube now on this e-scooter and all are pretty positive. I am happy with my choice, but I haven't been able to ride it as my L9 arrived DOA and won't power on. I am working with InMotion to diagnose and fix it.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 4/25/2021 at 2:05 PM, /Dev/Null said:

Did you get this resolved?  How was support?  I have a V10 I'm very happy with and looking at an L8/L9 for the wife.

The Indiegogo campaign had many problems and some US backers still haven't received their L9s yet and many received the wrong package with incorrect accessories and extras. The covid-19 problems together with warehouse theft and warehouse relabelling shipments without regard to package contents has left some US backers still waiting for a resolution. Key members of the Inmotion team have also left the company which has led to further delays and lack of response from InMotion. So, I would call the campaign a disaster.

However, I am in the UK and I did receive my L9 and also experienced good support when my L9 arrived faulty. There are still a few bugs in the FW that need resolved, such as incorrect battery level display on dashboard and some users experiencing overheat issues on long hill climbs, which could be due to FW or in some cases the controller.

I would say that the L9 is a great e-scooter if the bugs get fixed, but the claimed range of up to 59 miles is not reality and most users ride full speed and so get closer to 20 miles real world range. The scooter also doesn't maintain 18.9 mph max speed when the battery level drops, but it does manage to remain above 16 mph until the battery dies.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Nic