Meet Up - Denmark

Henrik Olsen

Hi @HEC

i live i Denmark. I am not 100% sure but as of 1/1/2018 ECU’s are leagal in Denmark. They are only allowed to drive 20 km/h but are considered a bike cycle. I have not encountered the police yet so I don’t know what they think about ECU. This law is only a tests so I don’t know if that will change it again. 

• Like 1

yes but until you find this in publiced law text, it is just air. I don't mean to be rude, but you need actural law text to refer to if you end up with dicussion with the trafic police.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for a prompt replies. This matches my "findings" so I still believe that EUCs are currently "allowed" to be driven in Denmark under a provisional law in place from 1.1.2018 observing the current limitation in speed and will "stick" to this unless proven otherwise by an official document / link to the excerpt of the law.

Edited by HEC

21 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

What the heck, HEC, where ya been?  We’ve all missed you on the forums!  Welcome back!!!  And sorry to hear about your angry policeman encounter.

Thank you! Busy living mainly - and working ... I didn't even know about the V10 until a few days back when I went to Inmotion website to show someone their line of products ...

In regards of the "unpleasant" encounter - I guess we all have those occasionally. But overall it was mainly positive.

• Like 1

@HEC try ask @Scatcat I know he seems to get off quite well when he meets the police, however It is in Sweden of course. But he might have a few magic tricks ?

3 minutes ago, Unventor said:

@HEC try ask @Scatcat I know he seems to get off quite well when he meets the police, however It is in Sweden of course. But he might have a few magic tricks ?

Thank for the tip. However I have (so far) no problem with riding EUC in Sweden, the Denmark is the "culprit" here ... :) Considering that I ride at almost deserted bicycle line only 5 km twice a day (at the morning and evening to and from work) and not encountering any busy traffic it's kinda annoying to have this "unfriendly" (And most likely also misinformed) policemen to hassle me like this. Plus I never drive recklessly or to endanger anyone else. Can't say the same though about the "professional" taxi and bus driver regularly running full red lights there.

• 3 weeks later...

Så er min sommerferie i fuld gang og jeg har fået min KS18L ?

Jeg truede jo med at tage bilen ned til København og evt køre lidt rundt på hjulet. 

Så nu kommer spørgsmålet er der nogle som er friske på at møde en eksil dansker? Jeg har i sin tid boet i Lyngby med jeg ved ikke om man må køre i emitageparken? Ellers er der jo normalt fine landskab rundt Bagsværd og Lyngby sø. Kunne evt være på Amager også.

Hvad siger i? @Henrik Olsen @Shad0z 

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

Så er min sommerferie i fuld gang og jeg har fået min KS18L ?

Jeg truede jo med at tage bilen ned til København og evt køre lidt rundt på hjulet. 

Så nu kommer spørgsmålet er der nogle som er friske på at møde en eksil dansker? Jeg har i sin tid boet i Lyngby med jeg ved ikke om man må køre i emitageparken? Ellers er der jo normalt fine landskab rundt Bagsværd og Lyngby sø. Kunne evt være på Amager også.

Hvad siger i? @Henrik Olsen @Shad0z 

jeg vil gerne ud og køre på et tidspunkt, jeg har solgt min tesla og jeg får min msuper X den 16 august. så jeg tænker om vi kunne vente lidt så jeg ikke skal løbe efter :P 

Edited by Shad0z

28 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

jeg vil gerne ud og køre på et tidspunkt, jeg har solgt min tesla og jeg får min msuper X den 16 august. så jeg tænker om vi kunne vente lidt så jeg ikke skal løbe efter :P 

Men det er jo fantastisk ? så får du både kondien op og kan træne dine steady shots som kameramand ?

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

What I think about it is that each society and group has developed basic rules on how to survive best and longest, and that these rules can be unwritten and written. The trap is that the more one violates them, the more he withdraws (cuts his power to reach, and this happens willy-nilly), so that UEC as a group would have less influence and more difficult or less liberal legalization.

Then, I think that some people mostly think in stopping things, such as conservative decision/lawmakers, and police, and I should think one musn't trigger them too much before full approval is obtained. one problem is that some cops are stuck on anger and will stop a rider no matter how well he sticks to those basic rules., simply because ha has to stop things. But if one can do like HEC did (to let him be and no counterforce) the stop cannot suspend in space.  

If one could find a way to contact decisionmakers and legislators who think in starting things, i.e truly happy people, getting approval would be a piece of....

Hope this is of some use, otherwise just keep riding like the wind...

• Like 1