Meet Up - Denmark

Henrik Olsen

• 5 months later...

You are more than welcome..  Look up EUC denmark on facebook, and join the group... We do not have scheduled meet up's but feel free to post when you are planning to arriave, we figure it out... There are always somebody ready to ride ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

I have started with the original Solowheel (which I still have and use) and recently I've "upgraded" to Xtreme. Whereabouts are you meeting? You can always PM me here to see if I can join ;) 

• 5 months later...

hi guys, I will be coming to live in Copenhagen in January 2017.

What's the regulation regarding EUC ? 
I have a ISP 191 and wondering if I could use it to commute from my home to work.

Can you ride it on bicycle roads or even main roads ?
Is it not too slippery during winter?

Let me know,

Herve.

Basically, it's unregulated at the moment, but we had next to none issues with the law so far. 

We ride in bike lanes and normally these are pretty good in the city even during the winter. 

I suggest you sign up for our facebook group, where many of the member's commutes ride regularly in the city 

Find the group here: 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/EUC.Danmark/

We would be happy to ride with you once you are here ;-)

• 1 year later...

Hej. 

Jeg er ny ejer af en ecu ( Kingsong 14s, 680Wh). Tænkte det kunne være sjovt at mødes med nogle og køre nogle ture, men. Jeg bor i Sønderjylland (Aabenraa) så der er lige langt nok til Sjælland. Er der nogen fra det Sønderjyske som har samme interesse? Så meld jer endeligt. 

Hej Henrik. 

Jeg er godt nok kun 34 år gammel men jeg er ikke på facebook og vil af principielle årsager heller ikke på facebook (jeg ved godt det er lidt skørt/utraditionelt ?). Er der andre måder at finde ud af hvor der køres henne?

mvh Jeppe

2 hours ago, JLars said:

Hej Henrik. 

Jeg er godt nok kun 34 år gammel men jeg er ikke på facebook og vil af principielle årsager heller ikke på facebook (jeg ved godt det er lidt skørt/utraditionelt ?). Er der andre måder at finde ud af hvor der køres henne?

mvh Jeppe

Det er kun der koordineres, desværre.

+ Plus jeg nogengange skriver det herinde

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2018 at 11:23 AM, JLars said:

Hej Henrik. 

mvh Jeppe

Jeg har lidt samme udfordringer. Desværre når man arbejder med kundesupport så er det ikke altid folk helt forstår hvor grænsen går for hvad der er ok. Derfor blev jeg nød til at droppe big-brother FB.

Og da jeg bor i Gøteborg området er jeg lidt på distance til Kbh.

@Henrik Olsen jeg takker for tilbuddet om at kigge ned til Kbh, jeg har dog i princippet købt KS18L jeg mangler bare at få bekræftet hvad en ekstra lader koster. Og hvis jeg er mega heldig så kan jeg måste nå at få hjulet til min ferie i uge 30-32.

I har ikke noget træf her i weekenden eller næste weekend?

• Like 1

Ok så fik min deal igennem på en KS18L med ekstra charger. @Henrik Olsen du begynder at gi mig samme dyre inspiration som Marty Backe.

Så nu er det i gang med at spænde ind livremmen så der er råd til en drone. Meeen det går desværre nok noget tid.

• Like 1

Jeg havde et mindre uheld forleden  hvor jeg fik punktering i et blødt sving med 30 kpm hvoefter jeg rammer en beton sten som var slået af nogle vejspæring blokke. Det var på en lukket parkeringsplads hvor vi var ved at øve at lave katastrofe bremsninger. Så min V8 kræver en del reperation og ydredele som skal skiftes, jeg ved ikke om rim og motor er ok.

Selv fik jeg lidt kraftig asfalt eksem og ret ondt i ryggen og hen over bækkenet aka røvballerne da jeg lander fladt ned på ryggen.

Så pt venter jeg på smerterne forter sig og at min KS18L kommer. Jeg håber på ca 2 uger men mere realistisk 3 uger. 

Næe jeg har ikke været inlogget på Facebook på ca 10 år.

Jeg er ret øm i lenden og højre balle. Hele ballen er nu fransk bordeaux rødvinsfarvet. Og så den jlassiske ssfalts eksem... nu mærker jeg så snart strækker armen så sprækket såret og det sviger igen. Jojo man mærker man er i live. ?

Long time since I've visited last time here ...

I have one question for @Henrik Olsen or any other fellow Danish (or at least driving in Denmark) EUC riders.

After almost two years of problem less commuting and a few friendly encounters with local police I was stopped last Friday (yeah I know Friday 13th :) ) afternoon on my way from work by "less-than-cooperative" traffic (on motorbike) policemen. He was very adamant (and RUDE!) claiming that EUCs are "toys" (repeating this in every second sentence like a broken record) and that they're prohibited to be driven on public roads and bicycle lanes and that they can be use only on private spaces and that I need to leave the bicycle lane and stop "endangering" other members of the traffic! He didn't even know what they're called and when I've asked - very politely - if he wouldn't mind to tell me which law / paragraph specifically prohibits uses of EUCs he just rudely retorted that "Danish law" ...  :blink1:

I was not in mood to argue any further nor to make any scenes on public so I've walked around the corner and then stepped back on the wheel and rode towards my destination.

So - my question is - what is the "legal" status of EUCs in Denmark at the moment (as per article which one of my work colleagues found earlier this year I believed they're already semi-approved / in "testing" phase) and what do you use as and argument or reference with police in such situations? Are they allowed to confiscate the EUC for example?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice in this matter.

Safe wheeling and nice weather to all!

HEC.

• Like 1

@HEC 

I need to Google this a little, as I have yet to see the law statement in Denmark. But from the clip I saw from  tv news it should allow you to ride an EUC but it may not be able to drive faster than 20kmh. 

Now I live in Sweden and then have similar rules or law here but it is only allowed to have a certian Wright (About 20 kg) and have so much (or rather low batterycapacity) around 160ish wh. This limit makes it only useful as a toy. 

From what I gather from others in Sweden the police don't mind EUC as long you ride with care respect and you are protected helps to portray this across. Blasting around at 50kmh down the pedestrian road might not be the smartest move if you get me right. Once I find reference links I edit this post with an update.

Note: 16/07/2018, Right now I can't seem to find the proposal they talked about to implement as a law as confirmed. Only news sites reporting about it. But it was made on EU statement as reference so might be EU laws we need to look at.

Edited by Unventor