AVAS sounds for EUC World

20 minutes ago, redfoxdude said:

Having a little fun messing around with Mobile Suit Gundam inspired sounds! I think I still want to fiddle with this, not quiiiiite there yet for me

(Video game SFX can be a pretty solid source for AVAS sounds ;))

The power off was so epic xD. Btw, with the orange scheme you got going, I hope you also own the Caviar delivery bag xD

• Like 3

5 hours ago, redfoxdude said:

Having a little fun messing around with Mobile Suit Gundam inspired sounds! I think I still want to fiddle with this, not quiiiiite there yet for me

That is one of the most stylish euc rider I ever seen. I like it a lot. Now I get your tag name even better.

• Like 3

Hi I've try to create the avas custom sound but somehow after I try to use my custom sound the speed dependant didn't change the pitch of my sound file. But if I use the default Harley sound it will do the pitch fine. Is there any step to do?? 

1 hour ago, Seba said:

Don't use MP3 or any other lossy file format for idling, speed-, current- and temperature-dependent sounds. It's best to use 16-bit, 32 kHz mono PCM WAV format and keep them less than 1 MB of size. This is proven to work on most Android devices.

This fix my problem. I'm using WAV 48khz before and the sound dependent pitch didn't work. 

I have a request though if it possible make the pitch percentage. I found out the maximum pitch on my custom made sound file didn't have enough pitch. Maybe you can make it like higher octave and make an adjustment bar for the pitch. So whenever we use a certain sound we can use a certain pitch level (octave) 

I've made 2 custom sound and want to hear any input for this custom sound. 

Pleaee check it on

I couldn't try it outdoor because it's been pouring all day. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Seba said:

The problem is that internal sound engine allows varying pitch only for one octave down or up from default pitch. So lowest pitch speed is for one octave down, highest pitch speed is for one octave up. So as a rule of thumb speed-dependent sound should be always prepared as a one octave higher (twice the frequency) than idling/startup sound. In next releases I'll try to extend this range, but have to play more with alternative solutions so they will be compatible across all devices running EUC World.

Great! I see we have more epic soundsets for AVAS :)

Okay Seba, keep me posted if you found a way to make the pitch more than 1 octave. In the meantime I'll try making the speed-dependent file 1 octave higher than the idling sound

6 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Audacity gives the possibility to change the pitch. You could use this as workaround for now!

Thanks for you suggestions 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, redfoxdude said:

Wow, very nice! Please do share once you've tuned it to your liking! :thumbup:

I agree video games are an excellent source for AVAS sounds! 

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Lefteris said:

Let's make some stickers!

I personally like the logo in red, I have one on my car:

photo-2020-05-01-13-21-05.jpg

It should look great on a black wheel!
Although no stickers for me, I'd have to add a patch, since my wheels have EUC bodyguards on them...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, redfoxdude said:

Thanks to @Seba for the notes on the sound engine! I'm pretty happy with this sound pack now, so here is a link for anyone that wants to play with it, too.
I've included another set of alternate sounds for the turn on/off sounds, so there's MobileSuitG_xxxx.wav and MobileSuitZ_xxxx.wav files in there. The idling and speed-dependent sounds are the same for both.

NICE, thanks! Just downloaded it, looking forward to trying it out tomorrow! :cheers:

• Like 3

I have managed to change every sound, except the speed sound. It plays the defualt Harley sound no matter which sound I choose. I have also lowered the max pitch speed to 10km/h.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hwoccurrence said:

I have managed to change every sound, except the speed sound. It plays the defualt Harley sound no matter which sound I choose. I have also lowered the max pitch speed to 10km/h.

What EUC World version are you using? Ensure you have the latest 1.4.2 that is available in Google Play.

Edited by Seba
  • Like 3