Firmware 2.02 for KS16X

travsformation

1 hour ago, stephen said:

Don't upgrade the app, but just upgrade the firmware to 2.02, which app are you using kingsong or kingsong softtuner?

now i upgrade app to V3.3.11 from kingsong official website before i had 3.3.6
and before that the "stable" one 3.1.4
but they all work! Now

ok everything seems to work I tested 4 km .. platforms that tilt and automatic shut down.

Edited by alex5454
  • Like 3

Well I've been enjoying firmware 2.02 , even though I've been riding the cyt tyre which is great I've now ordered another CX tyre I'll update later if my love is back😁😁

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1

After my latest ride with 2.02, I have finally settled on soft mode. It seems this is where 2.02 shines the best.

Medium mode was my go-to mode for 1.07 - responsive enough, but not too stiff that it gets uncomfortable. Soft mode was too sluggish to enjoy max speed and hard mode was pretty hard on my feet on 1.07. However it seems there is no such compromise to be made with 2.02 soft mode. In fact, along with increased comfort it also seems more responsive. No clearance issues like I got from 1.07 soft mode either.

Another interesting thing I noted was that 2.02 soft mode at full speed had a slight "boaty" feeling like 1.05. However this time it felt alot more stable. No worries about safety this time - could not get any pedal dipping, even on hard landings that would have made my pedals stuck in a dipped position in 1.05.

Finally after gaining confidence in this new firmware I decided to do some stair runs. (Ended up enjoying the new firmware so much that I did way more than necessary) Perfection. Could not feel any instability at all.  Later on I even smashed full force into a good sized curb without jumping and tried riding up some (barely 4) stairs (haven't got the hang of it yet). All that and I still did not clip the pedals on any surfaces at all. This is soft mode we are talking about, mind you.

Apologies for the bad video, I have no idea how youtube or videography works in general. This is the only footage I have so just gotta deal with it, haha.

• Like 3

What do you guys think - were there some changes to the code to give us back the thrill and power of 1.05 like many of us asked for?  

Also could not get any useful observations on battery life as I kept changing between modes today. Could swear that medium mode 2.02 takes up more juice than medium mode 1.07 though. Just complete speculation. Would love to hear all your observations on this after spending more time with 2.02.

Edited by Tinkererboi
Typo
  • Like 2

Hi there,

New 16x owner here (new to KS too). Lots of great info in this thread!

My wheel came with 1.0.7. I want to upgrade to 2.0.2 (using SoftTuner on iOS) but I get the following message "The selected firmware version is not consistent with the current firmware version. Do you want to continue with the upgrade?". Is this normal? Anyone else experiencing this?

42 minutes ago, jaCyan said:

Hi there,

New 16x owner here (new to KS too). Lots of great info in this thread!

My wheel came with 1.0.7. I want to upgrade to 2.0.2 (using SoftTuner on iOS) but I get the following message "The selected firmware version is not consistent with the current firmware version. Do you want to continue with the upgrade?". Is this normal? Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes just ignore it , it comes up all the time 👍

• Like 1

On 5/17/2020 at 2:17 AM, DjPanJan said:

So there is a consensus that there has been a change in the algorithm of southern properties between FW 1.07 to 2.02? 🧠

Or it's just a placebo. You have tried a blind test or you are so sure that they are different riding feel firmware i am personaly :blink: about this🤯.

Officially, there is no mention of interference with behavior in the description of patch notes. 🦟

If they did it and didn't say what they were hiding and why?🛸👽😎

I can think of the only way to find out @Jack King Song 🙏🏻

Can you please find out if there has been any optimization of driving characteristics/feel/algorythm between FW 1.07 to FW 2.02?🚀

Because we have an example from history with KS18XL and others where FW 2.0 + brought a very positive optimization.👍🏻

Because it's been almost a calendar month and the ostentatious ignorance is evident. It is clear that the kingsong has decided not to release this information. I absolutely don't understand why! Do we think that 1.07 = 2.02 is that what kingsong wants? When so many hands-on tests from users prove that the difference is there. What good is silence and who benefits it?

On 5/17/2020 at 2:17 AM, DjPanJan said:

So there is a consensus that there has been a change in the algorithm of southern properties between FW 1.07 to 2.02? 🧠

Or it's just a placebo. You have tried a blind test or you are so sure that they are different riding feel firmware i am personaly :blink: about this🤯.

Officially, there is no mention of interference with behavior in the description of patch notes. 🦟

If they did it and didn't say what they were hiding and why?🛸👽😎

I can think of the only way to find out @Jack King Song 🙏🏻

Can you please find out if there has been any optimization of driving characteristics/feel/algorythm between FW 1.07 to FW 2.02?🚀

Because we have an example from history with KS18XL and others where FW 2.0 + brought a very positive optimization.👍🏻

@Jack King Song There's pretty much unanimous consent among everyone who's tried 2.02 that ride characteristics have changed with this firmware upgrade. Lacking any info from KS, there has been a lot of speculation about the reasons (pedal stiffness, etc.), but I think I speak for everyone in this thread when I say that we'd all very much like to know what has been changed under the hood. All other FW upgrades specified changes to riding dynamics in the release notes ("more stable acceleration regardless of voltage", etc), and those changes very very noticeable when riding the wheel, but in this case, they mention nothing yet everyone agrees that it feels and behaves different from FW 1.07.

Beyond feel, firmware is at the core of how a wheel rides, as well as rider safety (cut-off prevention, speed throttling, etc.), so as you can understand, when a FW upgrade changes the behaviour of a wheel but no mention is made of any changes in that regard, users/buyers would like to know, it's about peace of mind. It's much easier to trust an upgrade (especially on a self-balancing one-wheeled vehicle) when you know what's been changed :)

As @DjPanJan said, could you please ask for us and share the info? Thanks! :cheers:

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, travsformation said:

@Jack King Song C'è praticamente un consenso unanime tra tutti coloro che hanno provato 2.02 che le caratteristiche di guida sono cambiate con questo aggiornamento del firmware. Mancando qualsiasi modulo informativo KS, ci sono state molte speculazioni sui motivi (rigidità del pedale, ecc.), Ma penso di parlare per tutti in questo thread quando dico che ci piacerebbe molto sapere cosa è stato cambiato  sotto il cofano . Tutti gli altri aggiornamenti FW hanno specificato le modifiche alla dinamica di guida nelle note di rilascio ("accelerazione più stabile indipendentemente dalla tensione", ecc.) E quelle modifiche molto evidenti quando si guida la ruota, ma in questo caso non menzionano nulla, ma tutti concordano sul fatto che si sente e si comporta in modo diverso da FW 1.07.

Al di là della sensazione, il firmware è al centro di come va una ruota, così come la sicurezza del ciclista (prevenzione del taglio, limitazione della velocità, ecc.), Così come puoi capire, quando un aggiornamento FW cambia il comportamento di una ruota ma no si fa menzione di eventuali cambiamenti in tal senso, gli utenti / acquirenti vorrebbero sapere, si tratta di tranquillità. È molto più facile fidarsi di un aggiornamento (specialmente su un veicolo a una ruota autobilanciato) quando sai cosa è stato cambiato:)

Come @DjPanJan detto, potresti per favore chiederci e condividere le informazioni? Grazie! :Saluti:

totally agree

• Like 1

Went back to 1.0.7 the other day.  I felt like i was working harder on 2.0.2 in Hard or Med mode.  My feet got tired a lot quicker then 1.0.7 on hard.  I'm on v1.4 board.

Had a weird issue though.  After flashing back to 1.0.7 I can't see to get it to calibrate.  I am using EUC world.  I click start to start it, and the unit turns off.  I put it on the stand and turn it back on.  However, at this point, it turns on and does some beeping and never turns off.  It just remains on.  From previous experience, I thought the 16x would turn back off again once calibration was complete.  Am I missing something?

12 minutes ago, EvoKnvl said:

Went back to 1.0.7 the other day.  I felt like i was working harder on 2.0.2 in Hard or Med mode.  My feet got tired a lot quicker then 1.0.7 on hard.  I'm on v1.4 board.

Had a weird issue though.  After flashing back to 1.0.7 I can't see to get it to calibrate.  I am using EUC world.  I click start to start it, and the unit turns off.  I put it on the stand and turn it back on.  However, at this point, it turns on and does some beeping and never turns off.  It just remains on.  From previous experience, I thought the 16x would turn back off again once calibration was complete.  Am I missing something?

Press calibration on on app , it's will turn off ,set it level then keep the power button pressed in few seconds let it beep few times and then it will set, then press and turn it off and on and see if it set to correct calibration

• Like 2

6 hours ago, EvoKnvl said:

Thats normal dont worry. 2.02 shutdown after calibration 

1.07 not shutdown after last calibration beep (i prefer this)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Strange question, but can  you upgrade FW with new KS app (version 1.1.5.)?  My 16X is on FW version 1.07 and looking to upgrade to 2.02, but I get no response when trying with the new KS app (actually get a "Failed to Check" message when pressing the FW button).  When I switch to DarknessBot app is say my current 1.07 is the latest FW.  What am I missing?  Should I be trying to grab a copy of the developers app?

Running iOS and have tried with both with wifi connected and disconnected.

25 minutes ago, Tom D said:

What am I missing?  Should I be trying to grab a copy of the developers app?

try android tablet phone app eucworld. Softtuner you can use too. Some aliexpress 3th party selers whells is blocked to china region. Maybee is you case where you buy it?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

try android tablet phone app eucworld. Softtuner you can use too. Some aliexpress 3th party selers whells is blocked to china region. Maybee is you case where you buy it?

eWheels.  Just downloaded Softtuner...Will give it a try.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I recently experience 3 things on my KS-16X with firmware 2.02 

1) When fully charged it beeps about 7 times, which is quite annoying at night. Can this be disabled?  

2) It was turned off when started charging but it seems to be kind of “on” after charging because there is a red light glowing inside which is visible in the dark. If not turned off manually after charge, the battery level goes down slowly even when not in use.

3) When puting the device away in a riding pause, it’s automatically turned off,  which  which might be unfavourable when it’s not leaned against somthing in a stable way. Do you use this feature or can it be turned off?

Best regards,

Martin

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 5:30 AM, Jack King Song said:

I've just updated our systems 2.02 Firmware Update info: 

Firmware 2.02

1. Allow precise horizontal angle adjustment of the wheel

2. Left/right angle shut off are at a steeper angle if the device is 6km and above, allows the wheel to still run for riders performing acrobatics or carving. 

3. Issues and faults code are sent to KS to help resolve and track issues with devices.

4. Tracks total riding time and is viewable in the app.

5. Optimize charging management. Resume charging if the voltage drops and the device has not been unplugged from the charger.

6. Adjustable shutdown time for the device.

If anyone is experiencing issues with 2.02 please DM me. 

@Jack King Song This is not complete change list.(I appreciate what you do for the community and I understand that now the priority of KS is around S18)

Example if you calibrate 16x FW 1.07 after calibration 16x stay on. Calibrating in FW 2.02 trigger 16x shutdown. No info about.

Next thing is ride mode is changed 1.07 is not same feel like FW 2.02 this is fact. No info about.

Lift sensor work diferently/better in 2.02 no info about.

Edited by DjPanJan

6 hours ago, MartinRidesUnicycle said:

Hi guys,

1) When fully charged it beeps about 7 times, which is quite annoying at night. Can this be disabled?   / NO 

2) It was turned off when started charging but it seems to be kind of “on” after charging because there is a red light glowing inside which is visible in the dark. If not turned off manually after charge, the battery level goes down slowly even when not in use. / Yes i no like it too. Only chance avoid this is use smartcharger who turn off after preselected % 

3) When puting the device away in a riding pause, it’s automatically turned off,  which  which might be unfavourable when it’s not leaned against somthing in a stable way. Do you use this feature or can it be turned off? / This feature is usefull prevent self damage 16x set 10 min or more how you prefer. I recomended not disable this or set 200min.

All fetaures what you talking about they implement because they want improve safety. 

Best regards,

Martin

7 hours ago, MartinRidesUnicycle said:

1) When fully charged it beeps about 7 times, which is quite annoying at night. Can this be disabled?

2) It was turned off when started charging but it seems to be kind of “on” after charging because there is a red light glowing inside which is visible in the dark. If not turned off manually after charge, the battery level goes down slowly even when not in use.

That's weird, mine doesn't do either of those. What batch of yours a? What board does it have? Looks like the FW might affect different board versions in different ways

7 hours ago, MartinRidesUnicycle said:

Hi guys,

2) It was turned off when started charging but it seems to be kind of “on” after charging because there is a red light glowing inside which is visible in the dark. If not turned off manually after charge, the battery level goes down slowly even when not in use.

3) When puting the device away in a riding pause, it’s automatically turned off,  which  which might be unfavourable when it’s not leaned against somthing in a stable way. Do you use this feature or can it be turned off?

You can manually set the "auto power off" in the KS app or using EUC World. Mine's set to the max. 240 min. 

Edited by travsformation

• 1 month later...

Wanted to revisit this thread and see if you guys have gotten used to the battery draining faster and no longer notice it? 

I personally went back to 1.07, did not mind spending more energy to maintain top speed in exchange for more range. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tinkererboi said:

I personally went back to 1.07

Like my info say i am on FW 1.07 mainboard version 1.5 and i plan keep this FW forewer. I prefer braking "feel" on 1.07 FW.  

• Like 2

On 8/15/2020 at 7:34 AM, Tinkererboi said:

Wanted to revisit this thread and see if you guys have gotten used to the battery draining faster and no longer notice it? 

I personally went back to 1.07, did not mind spending more energy to maintain top speed in exchange for more range. 

So, is it true that with 2.02 the range is really lower than 1.07?