Firmware 2.02 for KS16X

travsformation

On 5/19/2020 at 11:00 AM, DannyK said:

Another difference on 2.02 is the responsiveness on lift sensor. I found this difference coming over from 1.08 as well. I use stairs every day and on 1.08 and 1.07 lift sensor has a delay and the wheel often spins on lift thinking its still moving. So before lifting I always had to give it some pause or a little pull back for the wheel to recognize the full stop. On 2.02 though, that much pause or pull back wasnt necessary before lifting, meaning lift sensor works more instantly after the stop which is convenient for me as I use stairs every day.

However Id still stick with 1.07 for now seeing there arent much changes on 2.02 with riding algorythms and especially that it has worse battery efficiency. Pls give us back the battery with 2.02 features 😭 @Jack King Song

@DannyK oh man .... 1. lift sensor is just sensor on/off firmware have no efect for this. If you move +4 km/h lift sensor not trigger because safety. That is why sometime not work.

2. you have no proof 2.02 is more battery consumation.(only speculations and feel riders with v1.4 board have not same 16x like riders with v1.5)

3. i tested 2.02 and same route next day 1.07 (40km) range was diferent but i incrase PSI for 1.07 test results 1.07 +-10% more energy in finish. This can be just measure error no real proof and i test/changed pedal angles manytimes maybee pedal angle have range inpact too. @Jack King Song is evidently silent maybee he have fear write something because some people is not super constructive.

Edited by DjPanJan
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

@DannyK oh man .... 1. lift sensor is just sensor on/off firmware have no efect for this. If you move +4 km/h lift sensor not trigger because safety. That is why sometime not work.

2. you have no proof 2.02 is more battery consumation.(only speculations and feel riders with v1.4 board have not same 16x like riders with v1.5)

3. i tested 2.02 and same route next day 1.07 (40km) range was diferent but i incrase PSI for 1.07 test results 1.07 +-10% more energy in finish. This can be just measure error no real proof and i test/changed pedal angles manytimes maybee pedal angle have range inpact too. @Jack King Song is evidently silent maybee he have fear write something because people like you is not super constructive. I dont know nothing about Chinese mentality and fear of fail i work 7 years with Korean management and i know how diferent is mental setup this peple compared to center europe ppl mentality.

I never expect the lift sensor to work while Im riding and obviously not around 4kph. I meant lifting upon stop while dragging wheel by hand which will be less than 1kph or something. If I lift while dragging the wheel itd obviously spin, but upon stop and lift, sensor kicks in instantly without delay with 2.02 whereas with previous FWs I had to wait a bit or pull the wheel backwards before lifting to let the sensor kick in. Really wish I could upload videos here. You can try it yourself on the stairs.

I drag the wheel on each floors before lifting the wheel again to climb up the next staircase and every now and then the wheel would spin upon lift unless I give it enough pause to let it recognize the stop. I meant on 2.02 sensor works quite more instantly upon stop without having to wait. I havent seen the wheel spin on the staircase with 2.02 for a few days until today I downgraded to 1.07 and it spinned again and I had to remind myself of that longer pause before lifting. 

Also I havent said anything about battery life with v1.4 and v1.5. I mentioned what some ppl say about their experience with fw 1.05 with v1.5. And at this point I dont think its a speculation that 2.02 has more battery consumption than previous FW. Only the cause of it is a speculation.

Edited by DannyK
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

@Jack King Song is evidently silent maybee he have fear write something because people like you is not super constructive. I dont know nothing about Chinese mentality and fear of fail i work 7 years with Korean management and i know how diferent is mental setup this peple compared to center europe ppl mentality.

And why is this not a real speculation you are giving there? Be aware of what you say about how something like mentality differs with race. Well I dont completely object it given from cultural differences, but it could sound really wrong.

Btws just got to wonder what you would have to say, would u mind telling how exactly Korean mental set up is different with Europeans?

Edited by DannyK

Back to the topic. My lift sensors are "old" from 2 batches, it is possible that your 4 batches behave differently, I don't question it at all. I just want to say that my FW had 0 change to my lift sensors. I lift the ks16X until I hear 2 beeps. Then I'll peel it off the ground. (all this text translated by google translate I do not want unnecessary misunderstandings)

Edited by DjPanJan
edit

I just want to chime in here. I recently got a new 16x that came with 1.08.

I upgraded to 2.02 and do notice a small difference in feel. A definite difference in braking. Overall the changes are positive.

As far as battery consumption. Personally I have not noticed much change. I ride on medium mode. This doesn't mean there is not a change here. Just my observations so far. It's still very new firmware.

It will be tough to accurately measure battery consumption since everything effects it. A change in wind direction and speed alone can change these results. Not to mention riding style and a boatload of other variables.

In the end... Find the firmware that works for you and use it. KS gives us the ability to do this. (Thank you KS) So no real reason to get too deep into all of this, and create arguments over which one is better/worse. 

Just my 2 cents.

Happy riding guys!!! And I hope KS keeps developing their firmware for this wheel. Options are good. Especially with a usergrouop that loves using the products so much

• Like 2

6 hours ago, buell47 said:

I will later test 1.0.7 on the same route in medium mode and report if I have the same increased consumption as in 2.0.2.

I wouldn't have expected that. In 1.0.7 no difference in power consumption between pedal soft mode and medium mode.

Same route, same AVG speed and even strong headwind on some parts of the route that are not in the forest.

The voltage drop is only 7.7 volts with 1.0.7 in medium mode instead of 10 volts with 2.0.2 in medium mode.

I really don't know what to think of 2.0.2. :confused1:

Pure coincidence? 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, buell47 said:

I wouldn't have expected that. In 1.0.7 no difference in power consumption between pedal soft mode and medium mode.

Same route, same AVG speed and even strong headwind on some parts of the route that are not in the forest.

The voltage drop is only 7.7 volts with 1.0.7 in medium mode instead of 10 volts with 2.0.2 in medium mode.

I really don't know what to think of 2.0.2. :confused1:

Pure coincidence? 

Science needs you in name of EUC gods test need be repeated. 👨🏻‍🔬🧪🔬🔭🥼👍🏻

• Like 2

I noticed greater safety when driving on cobblestone roads.  The unicycle is smoother and it does not give small scratches (slips) when the mono is accelerated over the irregularities of the stones.  The feeling of being thrown in front of the mono in this situation was very unpleasant.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Excellent idea!
I would not want to log in, see 100 notifications. Read through the first three and see my name in the middle of an obscure post where only half of what is written is relevant and the rest links to something else or a quote or a previous discussion.

Great idea filtering these requests through the mods.

Yes the feedback system doesn't work if we are tagging a representative and asking them to read our subjective impressions as well as act upon them.
It would also help if the language and tone used was less emotional, less accusing, etc.
We pride ourselves so much on our scientific approach until our feelings get in the way and then we put the burden of proof on the other person.
PROVE TO ME THAT FW 2.02 DOES NOT USE MORE RANGE. WHAT DID YOU CHANGE!!!
Do we want them to tell us that they changed to banana flavour so that we can say that they are wrong and that it tastes more like a mango?
FW 2.03: Changed fruit to other fruit.
WHAT FRUIT? WHAT AM I TASTING? IS THIS CHERRY? I DEMAND TO KNOW!!!

There is a lot of noise on this forum and that is all fine and dandy as long as we aren't constantly crying wolf. Then we are just training the people who are trying to help to not help us.

I think I need to go out and ride now! I'm outta heeeeeeere....

Why ride, when you can read about what its like to ride.. Isn't it more fun to speculate than to actually ride one of these things? :-) I am kidding.. 

All joking aside.. i like the filtering feedback idea as well.. When the Q&A SKS18 thread was there.. It was cringe worthy to even read some of the stuff in there.. All though i was sad when it got shut down.. I was kind of happy i didn't have to cringe at my screen for 10 mins a day while i dug through it for actual useful information. 

We are getting some cool things from KS from direct feedback, and some really good benefits from having jack here. Lets try and keep it going, and not ruin it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike Sacristan said:

We pride ourselves so much on our scientific approach until our feelings get in the way and then we put the burden of proof on the other person.
PROVE TO ME THAT FW 2.02 DOES NOT USE MORE RANGE. WHAT DID YOU CHANGE!!!
Do we want them to tell us that they changed to banana flavour so that we can say that they are wrong and that it tastes more like a mango?
FW 2.03: Changed fruit to other fruit.
WHAT FRUIT? WHAT AM I TASTING? IS THIS CHERRY? I DEMAND TO KNOW!!!

That was absolutely priceless! :roflmao:

Am also going to go out and enjoy my banana-mango firmware instead of debating about it :D

• Like 1

Just such an observation. Jack King Song was obviously on the forum as he edited his post regarding the BT patch.(fact)🕵🏻‍♂️
This means that with a high probability bordering on certainty. Evidently, he deliberately ignores this 2.02 topic and behavior changes, if any, against 1.07 and lets us drown in speculation.
No answer is also an answer.🕵🏻‍♀️ So logically and with knowledge of psychology, it is highly likely that something happened that they do not want to talk about. We will not know whether this initiative is "from above" or it is "his" choice. This is my observation.🧪🔬👨🏻‍🔬🕵🏻‍♂️
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- --------
Here I will make myself(under line) a naive optimist and I will think that we will find out the details as soon as the Kingsong app is released, which can use all the functions of FW, which, as far as I know, is not yet available.Or he need more time find answer. I feel the need to write something positive here so as not to touch the oppressive and hypersensitive people who without political correctness and moral police
feels affected when things are called by their real names.🦄 
(Please do not quote this post, if you agree, press  heart. If you do not agree, please do nothing thx. Let's not break up the discussion that sticks to the topic 👍🏻 )

------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------- --------

We still have to think (by kingsong) that 1.07 = 2.02 (+ function) so everyone you say that KS16X behaves otherwise(on2.02) you are "liars" and you "lie" about it and it's just in your "heads". Because nothing has officially changed 1.07 = 2.02 This is the official standpoint of the Kning Song (this sentence under second line is meant in humor and exaggeration and irony) 👻

-(blame google translator if you don't understand this post) and enjoy you KS16X like i do!🚀

• Like 2

On the topic of firmware upgrades/downgrades, I know there are a lot of Android users out there who don't have access to the SoftTuner app and are probably curious about all that's being discussed in this thread  so I finally got my ass in gear and made a tutorial on firmware upgrades/downgrades using EUC World. As Mike Sacristan has said in several occasions, firmware upgrades/downgrades are a simple process that takes 5 minutes, so if you don't like your new firmware, you can go back to whatever you had before. 

And if you you're worried about bricking your wheel, don't be---I've tried my best and failed, the process is fool-proof/travsformation-proof, and I personally trust EUC World way more than I trust the official [text missing] app ;)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, travsformation said:

On the topic of firmware upgrades/downgrades, I know there are a lot of Android users out there who don't have access to the SoftTuner app

There is an Android version just log in as guest, I've uploaded mine if anyone can't find it 👍👍

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d1nzcv4apsvz3em/softtuner.apk?dl=0

👍👍

Edited by stephen
  • Like 3

guys I have a 16x ks purchased in September 19 I have the 1.0.7

recommended to upgrade to 2.02 the app tells me that I can there are contraindications?

there is a new version app V3.3.11

2 minutes ago, alex5454 said:

there is a new version app V3.3.11

I get that all the time even though it never downloads it , I've even been to kingsong vendor and downloaded the newest now I just ignore it

Ok I tried not to make the upgrade from 1.0.7 to 2.02, says the app upgrade but then does nothing.

Update: I changed from wifi to mobile network is updating ... to 2.02

Edited by alex5454

8 minutes ago, alex5454 said:

Ok I tried not to make the upgrade from 1.0.7 to 2.02, says the app upgrade but then does nothing.

Don't upgrade the app, but just upgrade the firmware to 2.02, which app are you using kingsong or kingsong softtuner?