Firmware 2.02 for KS16X

travsformation

So there is a consensus that there has been a change in the algorithm of southern properties between FW 1.07 to 2.02? 🧠

Or it's just a placebo. You have tried a blind test or you are so sure that they are different riding feel firmware i am personaly :blink: about this🤯.

Officially, there is no mention of interference with behavior in the description of patch notes. 🦟

If they did it and didn't say what they were hiding and why?🛸👽😎

I can think of the only way to find out @Jack King Song 🙏🏻

Can you please find out if there has been any optimization of driving characteristics/feel/algorythm between FW 1.07 to FW 2.02?🚀

Because we have an example from history with KS18XL and others where FW 2.0 + brought a very positive optimization.👍🏻

• Like 1

I have an odd issue with FW 2.02 I am wondering if anyone else has experienced it. When streaming music to the 16X (via iPhone and Pandora, that’s all I’ve tested so far) volume will be low so I will increase it to ~80% and then a few minutes later it will go back to the low volume. 

3 hours ago, HarpMudd said:

I'm riding first batch 1.4 board and 1.05 fw.  I never wanted to upgrade to 1.07 due to the additional throttling, but wish I had the newer firmware's other refinements. I'm intrigued by 2.02 as it's looking pretty solid, but this battery usage statement is scaring me off. I feel if one decides to ride a bit more aggressive on the new firmware, their range could be more limited.  At 150lbs I'm getting near 50 miles on my wheel and I don't want to sacrifice any range.

Your in philly rite? Me and my best friend both have the 16x and go on rides often! You should join us!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Perfect! Same config as me then.
Give it a shot and let us know how it goes! Switching FW is totally painless.

That's interesting. All this time I thought the SoftTuner app was only available for Android and today I looked and see it in the iOS app store. I'll have to see if it gives the ability to pick fw version. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Nimbus2000 said:

Your in philly rite? Me and my best friend both have the 16x and go on rides often! You should join us!!!

Yeah man, I think we crossed paths last summer during some group rides. Def up for some miles. The weather's getting nice!

22 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I tried out FW 2.02 yesterday and did around 50km on it. And another 50km today.
It feels very mature and solid. This is very noticeable coming directly from FW. 1.05.
My 16X is a first batch but with the CYT-5167 tire.

Acceleration and braking is very nice, the ride is polished and smooth. Braking feels better than 1.07 and so does climbing.
I did all riding on the stiffest mode.
Torque on demand for off-road and bonking over obstacles works nicely as well.
At half battery it is maybe 1 kmh slower than 1.05.

The thing that sticks out the most between 1.07 and 2.02 is the pedal shifting in relation to climbs/descents.
When going up an incline the pedals help me by tilting down a bit, and when going down they help me brake by tilting back a bit.
This makes for some nice comfy riding on hills. However... at the skate park the downward shift of the pedal cause my shoes to scrape.
Perhaps I can make it happen less with practice.

The second thing that sticks out is that the battery usage on 2.02 is higher than 1.05 by about 15-20%. This could be due to the pedal stiffness though.

I tried downgrading to 1.05 and back up to 2.02 and it was painless.

I wonder how board v1.4 and v1.5 will give different feelings with 2.02 since ppl say how fw 1.05 feels much worse on new board v1.5 which stops me from trying it on mine :(

I see quite a big difference now after riding 75km with 2.02 compared to 1.08. I like the overall feeling of 2.02 in terms of its balanced stability and braking, but battery efficiency has fallen quite noticeably.

I guess majority will prefer 2.02 over 1.08 since many ppl like pedals staying more flat and since it feels more balanced. Only drawback I see is shorter battery life so guess I will ride only on soft mode to compensate it. Soft mode on 2.02 still feels quite solid too. 

28 minutes ago, DannyK said:

I wonder how board v1.4 and v1.5 will give different feelings with 2.02 since ppl say how fw 1.05 feels much worse on new board v1.5 which stops me from trying it on mine :(

I see quite a big difference now after riding 75km with 2.02 compared to 1.08. I like the overall feeling of 2.02 in terms of its balanced stability and braking, but battery efficiency has fallen quite noticeably.

I guess majority will prefer 2.02 over 1.08 since many ppl like pedals staying more flat and since it feels more balanced. Only drawback I see is shorter battery life so guess I will ride only on soft mode to compensate it. Soft mode on 2.02 still feels quite solid too. 

I know what you mean. It is easy to get stuck in the thought that we have to stay in a certain firmware.
It takes around 5 minutes to change firmware and it's free. :lol:

There is a thread made by DjPanPan where one can delve further into the FW and board revision 1.4/1.5 mysteries.

• Like 3

https://euc.world/tour/586606264629225 + 10 km to ride home  what eucworld not record because crashed (i am on new beta eucworld version)

I ride it on 2.02 FW (v1.5board) 40km and batery from 95% to 4%(under load) very bad result i mix medium pedal mode and hard mode on route back home i try change angle pedal -6 to +6 just how fit my tired legs. Bluetooth music OFF led strip ON (auto). Most long climbs i today do with medium mode (normaly i prefer hard). 

• Like 2

On 5/16/2020 at 11:26 PM, Nimbus2000 said:

I am also in Philly with a KS16x.  Who knew there were so many of us.  I'd be down for a ride let's get that Philly ride post going again I'm tired of riding with esk8.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, buell47 said:

In my case I can confirm this and increase to 25% more battery consumption.

28 km standard off-road trail through the woods and deep sand to work.

Firmware 1.0.7 / soft mode:
8 times ridden with AVG speed 27 km/h (+/-1) = voltage drop every time 8 volts

Firmware 2.0.2 / medium mode:
2 x ridden with AVG speed 27 km/h (+/-1) = voltage drop every time 10 Volt

I will test it again with 2.0.2 and Soft Mode and if that doesn't bring a better result, I will downgrade to 1.0.7.  ( @Jack King Song )

Yeah it really seemed like huge difference in battery consumption on 2.02 compared to 1.08 but I couldnt mention it assuredly since I didnt calculate objective data. Now it seems pretty evident the gap is huge. Despite the nice feelings 2.02 have, I wanted to go back to 1.08 becos of this. Battery life after all is one of the biggest benefits and since I liked 1.08 quite a bit apart from its braking I hope it could be on the downgrade option both in EUC World and soft tuner app.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoadRunner said:

Oh man, why can’t they bring out a FW where everything is good. :barf:

Is too early say something like this. And not fair without relevant data.  i hope @Jack King Song answer my question what i ask here 5th page top coment. After he answer we can start looking solutions. Officialy  FW 1.07 1.08 2.02 is same riding characteristic/algorythm.

9 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

Is too early say something like this. And not fair without relevant data.  i hope @Jack King Song answer my question what i ask here 5th page top coment. After he answer we can start looking solutions. Officialy  FW 1.07 1.08 2.02 is same riding characteristic/algorythm.

I dont know about 1.07, yet to try it, but I can assure you thats not true in a bit with 1.08 and 2.02. They are very different in terms of riding characteristic.

Well, in fact, there hasnt been any official comments on 1.08 since it was a veiled stock fw just for new batch users and then they decided to come up with 2.02 fw to release it officially. So I thought 2.02 would be just a name change from 1.08 but it wasnt. According to buell47, it sounds quite similar to 1.07 style, so maybe KS just decided to erase 1.08 completely for some reason and stay with 1.07 with a little bits and pieces of tweaks which eventually seemed to have brought down battery efficiency as well.

Edited by DannyK
  • Like 3

On 5/18/2020 at 12:46 AM, Wgm said:

I am also in Philly with a KS16x.  Who knew there were so many of us.  I'd be down for a ride let's get that Philly ride post going again I'm tired of riding with esk8.

oh snap! looks like we have a philly 16x squad brewing! i started a phiilly euc fb group "philly euc group"

• Like 1

Ive just tried 1.07, I see what ppl mean by not being able to see much difference with 2.02. It really is similar apart from the braking which is wee bit more responsive?softer? on 2.02. But overall its quite the same. Maybe 1.07 soft mode feels little bit stiffer than 2.02 soft mode. 

Another difference on 2.02 is the responsiveness on lift sensor. I found this difference coming over from 1.08 as well. I use stairs every day and on 1.08 and 1.07 lift sensor has a delay and the wheel often spins on lift thinking its still moving. So before lifting I always had to give it some pause or a little pull back for the wheel to recognize the full stop. On 2.02 though, that much pause or pull back wasnt necessary before lifting, meaning lift sensor works more instantly after the stop which is convenient for me as I use stairs every day.

However Id still stick with 1.07 for now seeing there arent much changes on 2.02 with riding algorythms and especially that it has worse battery efficiency. Pls give us back the battery with 2.02 features 😭 @Jack King Song

• Like 2