Jump to content

Gotway MSuper Pro (eWheels 2500w configuration)


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, photorph said:

Would like to know if anyone else besides you who didn’t get the 80% warning in low 30s on the pro..

Yep, first I have heard of an MSP doing 40mph before beeps. They usually run around the same as the 84v MSX (31/32 mph) before the 80% alarm. That's about all I got on my MSX 84v even on a full battery. Lift speed on both is similar too, at about 47mph.

For reference, I have had 80% beeps at 38 mph on my 100v MSX at about 70% battery which sounds like it would tie in with your wheel. Are you sure you don't have an MSS?!

Edited by Planemo
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unexpected birthday present, my MSP (2500w "high-torque") showed up a couple days ahead of schedule! TL;DR at the end, otherwise a few pre-ride observations: Praise be, the startup chimes are go

Now that I've put 250 miles on the wheel, I've got a few points on the list to update. Biggest discovery was that I unknowingly had it in soft mode for the first 100 miles--switching riding modes in D

I'm getting increasingly skeptical that sticky pedals are intentional--day 2 after a dozen or so folds neither pedal is sticking much. It went from 3-4 kicks down to usually folding up on the first tr

Posted Images

On 5/3/2020 at 4:44 PM, Preston Palmer said:

@BoseHeadphones When did you order your MonoCustomize pads?  According to tracking mine have been sitting in the Russian transic of exchange since 4/24... I hope they arrive mid-May when my MSP does!

Have yours arrived?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HippoPig said:

Same message but 31st March for me.

So in theory yours will arrive first? Shoot me a message when that tracking changes! I hope this thing will arrive with my wheel first week of June...

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Planemo said:

Yep, first I have heard of an MSP doing 40mph before beeps. They usually run around the same as the 84v MSX (31/32 mph) before the 80% alarm. That's about all I got on my MSX 84v even on a full battery. Lift speed on both is similar too, at about 47mph.

For reference, I have had 80% beeps at 38 mph on my 100v MSX at about 70% battery which sounds like it would tie in with your wheel. Are you sure you don't have an MSS?!

Ran some tests to get a 2nd opinion, kept Ride running to get GPS-based speed. Ride has my top speed consistently pegged 2-3 mph lower than DarknessBot, so I suspect DarknessBot is overestimating. I'll get a 3rd opinion from my InstaOneX GPS stats later.

99% sure I didn't get an MSS, but maybe that got snuck in!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BoseHeadphones said:

Ran some tests to get a 2nd opinion, kept Ride running to get GPS-based speed. Ride has my top speed consistently pegged 2-3 mph lower than DarknessBot, so I suspect DarknessBot is overestimating. I'll get a 3rd opinion from my InstaOneX GPS stats later.

99% sure I didn't get an MSS, but maybe that got snuck in!

Make sure all parameters in darkness bot are adjusted for your wheel.  Voltage and battery size etc.

i wouldn’t put it past Gotway to put a 2000w motor in there instead of 2500w.  But that should be visibly not as thick.  Additionally they need to use the appropriate firmware for the 2000w version.  So if you do have the mss or whatever, it was made as an Mss and got mixed in?  But this likely isn’t the case.

What we do know is pro beeps in low 30s while the 2000w motor beeps at high 30s.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Preston Palmer said:

So in theory yours will arrive first? Shoot me a message when that tracking changes! I hope this thing will arrive with my wheel first week of June...

I’d hope so.

These are also for a wheel arriving early to mid June.

 

Ill let you know if they turn up!

Link to post
Share on other sites

hey guys does anyone know if the new msp wheel has a harder shell or made much durable than msx?. because i was watching a ustride video, he crashed it at 40+mph and his wheel is only slightly scratched! while the msx wheels crashing at high speeds, came apart, broken cases, and bent axles.  :o

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2020 at 6:48 PM, photorph said:

Make sure all parameters in darkness bot are adjusted for your wheel.  Voltage and battery size etc.

i wouldn’t put it past Gotway to put a 2000w motor in there instead of 2500w.  But that should be visibly not as thick.  Additionally they need to use the appropriate firmware for the 2000w version.  So if you do have the mss or whatever, it was made as an Mss and got mixed in?  But this likely isn’t the case.

What we do know is pro beeps in low 30s while the 2000w motor beeps at high 30s.

Wheel parameters are all set correctly in Darknessbot. I did a liftoff test and it cut out at 50mph/80kph which is in line with the high torque motor. Only thing I could think of that would explain the discrepancy is a difference in how the MSP firmware is reporting speed that's throwing Darknessbot off, I haven't given the Gotway app a try. Or the scarier thought that it's beeping at me based on 2000w firmware calculations and I've been on the razor's edge.

I've been taking screenshots of my top speed a couple of other times when I've run into beeps at high battery:

1707503765_Firsthighbatterybeeps.thumb.jpg.bda364c338b41e9f49c9a76005748766.jpg26054636_NationalMonumentLoopstartoftrip.thumb.png.6fc7a8dc8e2b9e660c2a95659399626e.png

I've had my fun pushing things, I've settled on setting the tiltback to 33mph is as fast as I can civilly go 99% of the time.

Also sad to say my MonoCustomize pads are still undelivered, I reached out to him on instagram and he thinks most parcels are going by sea now so the delivery time is an unknown. I eagerly await their arrival, smoothing out the ergonomics would remove my only real quibbles with the wheel.

Edited by BoseHeadphones
Whoops, unnecessary imgur link.
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2020 at 9:02 AM, BoseHeadphones said:

Wheel parameters are all set correctly in Darknessbot. I did a liftoff test and it cut out at 50mph/80kph which is in line with the high torque motor. Only thing I could think of that would explain the discrepancy is a difference in how the MSP firmware is reporting speed that's throwing Darknessbot off, I haven't given the Gotway app a try. Or the scarier thought that it's beeping at me based on 2000w firmware calculations and I've been on the razor's edge.

I've been taking screenshots of my top speed a couple of other times when I've run into beeps at high battery:

1707503765_Firsthighbatterybeeps.thumb.jpg.bda364c338b41e9f49c9a76005748766.jpg26054636_NationalMonumentLoopstartoftrip.thumb.png.6fc7a8dc8e2b9e660c2a95659399626e.png

I've had my fun pushing things, I've settled on setting the tiltback to 33mph is as fast as I can civilly go 99% of the time.

Also sad to say my MonoCustomize pads are still undelivered, I reached out to him on instagram and he thinks most parcels are going by sea now so the delivery time is an unknown. I eagerly await their arrival, smoothing out the ergonomics would remove my only real quibbles with the wheel.

from my experience when i'm at 80% or more the wheel start beep at 38-39 [ i had pedal dip at 43 ]

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, EMA said:

from my experience when i'm at 80% or more the wheel start beep at 38-39 [ i had pedal dip at 43 ]

You sure you have the MSP and not the MSS? Cutout on the MSP should be right around 37...

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Preston Palmer said:

You sure you have the MSP and not the MSS? Cutout on the MSP should be right around 37...

absolutely not true, MSP can do 40mph like nothing ;)

but of course is better to stop at 38 :thumbup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EMA said:

absolutely not true, MSP can do 40mph like nothing ;)

but of course is better to stop at 38 :thumbup:

You've peaked my interest!  My MSP just came in yesterday and I set a tilt back at 33mph to be on the safe side.  Yours is from eWheels?  From everything ive been reading,  MSP beeps in low 30s while the 2000w motor (MSS)  beeps at high 30s.  What is the motor code on your MSP shipment box?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Preston Palmer said:

You've peaked my interest!  My MSP just came in yesterday and I set a tilt back at 33mph to be on the safe side.  Yours is from eWheels?  From everything ive been reading,  MSP beeps in low 30s while the 2000w motor (MSS)  beeps at high 30s.  What is the motor code on your MSP shipment box?

set your preference of course, but if i remember correctly i can do 32 without beep even at 40% battery (mine is directly from GW factory)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, EMA said:

set your preference of course, but if i remember correctly i can do 32 without beep even at 40% battery (mine is directly from GW factory)

99% sure you have the 2000W MSS....  My 2500W MSP will cutoff at 38mph, along with everyone else that I know who got that version.  What is your motor code?

 

Edited by Preston Palmer
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Preston Palmer said:

99% sure you have the 2000W MSS....  My 2500W MSP will cutoff at 38mph, along with everyone else that I know who got that version.  What is your motor code?

 

i told you not, if you don't believe me you can check your free spin:
MSP cut at 50mph
MSS at 61mph

not words, some real data:
https://euc.world/tour/586033061509278
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

it's not accurate or not fully charged, when full cut out is 50mph 

80% beep without load has no sense

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Preston Palmer said:

On this video 80% is at 38 mph with no load, cutout at 46 with  no load. (start at 4:30)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvXKDoVbITE

 

7 hours ago, EMA said:

not fully charged, when full cut out is 50mph

Oh hey, that's me ;)  That was the demo MSP, used and abused, and not at full charge.

For reference:

ACtC-3f1QNBDSCgP0dOFi6Wb8MmZyTWglUfVuCts

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2020 at 11:22 PM, photorph said:

Would like to know if anyone else besides you who didn’t get the 80% warning in low 30s on the pro..

I get 80% beeps in the low 30s on the 2500w MSP.  And everyone else I know with this MSP says the same.  I still think BoseHeadphones has the 2000w MSS and doesn't know it...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Preston Palmer said:

I get 80% beeps in the low 30s on the 2500w MSP.  And everyone else I know with this MSP says the same.  I still think BoseHeadphones has the 2000w MSS and doesn't know it...

Good to hear I'm not totally alone, at least @EMA is seeing similar performance.

Doing a lift test it cuts out at 50 mph. Not sure what can be to confirm any further, but I'm satisfied that it can cruise at 33mph for almost all of the battery.

Slightly less happy that the MonoCustomize pads haven't had a tracking update since 5/8.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BoseHeadphones said:

Good to hear I'm not totally alone, at least @EMA is seeing similar performance.

Doing a lift test it cuts out at 50 mph. Not sure what can be to confirm any further, but I'm satisfied that it can cruise at 33mph for almost all of the battery.

Slightly less happy that the MonoCustomize pads haven't had a tracking update since 5/8.

I will do a lift test on mine tomorrow and report back.  As for MonoCustomize, my pads show "Export of international mail" on 5/6.... Also wanting them so badly! :crying:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...