Gotway MSuper Pro (eWheels 2500w configuration)

BoseHeadphones

6 hours ago, Willy510 said:

I was watching a U-Stride youtube video review and the sticky left pedal is actually a feature, looks like you can use it as a kickstand on the left side 

I'm getting increasingly skeptical that sticky pedals are intentional--day 2 after a dozen or so folds neither pedal is sticking much. It went from 3-4 kicks down to usually folding up on the first try. I do think it could be a neat feature if it was designed to reliably work that way, but with the rear mudguard/stand installed I'd prefer they just folded up cleanly.

main-qimg-65688df1f760de9e58dafde89ca162

• Like 2

@Jason McNeil or anyone that would know.  The post above refers to “eWheels 2500 w configuration. The wheel pictured has the Nikola style pedals. The eWheel’s website shows the standard pedals and does not mention the Nikola pedals.  Do the Nikola pedals come standard on the second batch of MSP from eWheels? I understand that many people would not understand the Nikola pedal reference on the website. 

Edited by RockyTop

The eWheels website could use a bit of a refresh wrt up-to-date information on quite a few pages ...

Edited by xorbe
typo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RockyTop said:

@Jason McNeil or anyone that would know.  The post above refers to “eWheels 2500 w configuration. The wheel pictured has the Nikola style pedals. The eWheel’s website shows the standard pedals and does not mention the Nikola pedals.  Do the Nikola pedals come standard on the second batch of MSP from eWheels? I understand that many people would not understand the Nikola pedal reference on the website. 

It's buried in the FAQ, but they are pretty clear about the eWheels configuration having Nikola pedals:

The pictures show a steep inward pedal banking angle, will this the case on the production MSX Pro?
Our MSX Pros will be fitted with the larger profiled black Nikola pedals, with a more tame inward banking angle of 7-10°.

That was one of the reasons I went for the MSP from eWheels, I really like the Nikola pedals.

• Like 2

On 4/27/2020 at 11:09 AM, BoseHeadphones said:

TL;DR: The startup chime is gone!

Wow!

I REALLY hope my wheel arrives with this update.

The chime almost stopped me purchasing!

Do e wheels file down the Nikola pedals to fit them, or just leave them as-is with a tighter angle?

Edited by HippoPig

4 hours ago, HippoPig said:

Wow!

I REALLY hope my wheel arrives with this update.

The chime almost stopped me purchasing!

I know on the Wrong Way review the startup chime was still there. They might've universally disabled it when they ramped up production (which would be awesome!), but I suspect it's specific to the eWheels batch.

5 hours ago, HippoPig said:

Do e wheels file down the Nikola pedals to fit them, or just leave them as-is with a tighter angle?

I'm unclear on what that means--for them to be as-is with a tighter angle. Neither the pedals or the peg they attach to look like they've been filed, I'm guessing the pegs are configured with a lower (relative to the MSX) angle from the factory.

1 hour ago, BoseHeadphones said:

I know on the Wrong Way review the startup chime was still there. They might've universally disabled it when they ramped up production (which would be awesome!), but I suspect it's specific to the eWheels batch.

I hope it’s universally disabled. Mines the MSS so not sure if that means newer MSP or older.

I'm unclear on what that means--for them to be as-is with a tighter angle. Neither the pedals or the peg they attach to look like they've been filed, I'm guessing the pegs are configured with a lower (relative to the MSX) angle from the factory.

From what I’ve read, the Nikola pedals don’t go on any MS wheel post new-rear-light-MSX without having to be filed down (either pedal or peg).

Id be curious to know if Jason is on here, as I’ve ordered Nikola pedals to fit and I’m expecting I’ll have to file them down 😩

On 4/27/2020 at 9:53 AM, Willy510 said:

I was watching a U-Stride youtube video review and the sticky left pedal is actually a feature, looks like you can use it as a kickstand on the left side 

Interesting... If this is by design it could be a nice feature rather than laying it flat down.

On 4/28/2020 at 11:29 AM, xorbe said:

The eWheels website could use a bit of a refresh wrt up-to-date information on quite a few pages ...

Agreed.  Jason needs one of us to take care of that for him!

On 4/27/2020 at 5:09 AM, BoseHeadphones said:

....my only fear is that I get so used to the MSP that I regret not getting the high-speed version...we'll see.

I had the same thought.  But in the long run I think I want the torque for off road... ?  We might have to buy both! :D

Edited by Preston Palmer

Has anyone ridden all of MSP, MSX, MCM5, and Nikola?  I have come to the conclusion that I prefer calm acceleration like the Nikola, it's so easy and pleasant to ride.  And that I don't like the fireball MCM5 that rockets off with the tiniest input.  Where does the MSP fall?  I saw KujiRoll mentioned a response delay, so perhaps the MSP doesn't rocket off wildly like the MCM5.

1 hour ago, xorbe said:

Has anyone ridden all of MSP, MSX, MCM5, and Nikola?  I have come to the conclusion that I prefer calm acceleration like the Nikola, it's so easy and pleasant to ride.  And that I don't like the fireball MCM5 that rockets off with the tiniest input.  Where does the MSP fall?  I saw KujiRoll mentioned a response delay, so perhaps the MSP doesn't rocket off wildly like the MCM5.

I did. Bigger Diameter wheels always need more input, its much more comparable in acceleration to the nikola than it is to the mcm5. The difference is that it accelerates, brakes faster if you give it enough input. For me personally without power pads yet, it is mcm5->msp->nikola->msx 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Preston Palmer said:

@BoseHeadphones When did you order your MonoCustomize pads?  According to tracking mine have been sitting in the Russian transic of exchange since 4/24... I hope they arrive mid-May when my MSP does!

Mine shipped out 4/3 but I'm sadly still waiting--I had a small hope they'd beat the wheel here. The tracking site hasn't been updated since clearing Russian customs 4/5.

2 hours ago, BoseHeadphones said:

Mine shipped out 4/3 but I'm sadly still waiting--I had a small hope they'd beat the wheel here. The tracking site hasn't been updated since clearing Russian customs 4/5.

Well I just got an email from eWheels.  Looks like I won't get my MSP until June 1st ish...So maybe they will come at the same time? Hah!

8 hours ago, BoseHeadphones said:

Mine hasn’t updated since Leaving Russia on 31/03 either.

They’re going on a wheel arriving in June so no biggie.

23 hours ago, xorbe said:

I don't like the fireball MCM5 that rockets off with the tiniest input.  Where does the MSP fall?

Pedal mode matters a lot here! Soft mode is less twitchy, be sure to try it on your MCM5.

22 hours ago, Ádám Szitás said:

without power pads yet, it is mcm5->msp->nikola->msx

MSP/Nikola similar "acceleration sensitivity" for me...

I had a 16x owner try my MSX w/ power pads yesterday. His first comment- "feels more powerful!" But it's not. Ergonomics are critical.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RagingGrandpa said:

MSP/Nikola similar "acceleration sensitivity" for me

Thanks, then I'll plan to acquire MSP later, since I'm not a top speed freak.

5 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Pedal mode matters a lot here! Soft mode is less twitchy, be sure to try it on your MCM5.

MSP/Nikola similar "acceleration sensitivity" for me...

I had a 16x owner try my MSX w/ power pads yesterday. His first comment- "feels more powerful!" But it's not. Ergonomics are critical.

Agree, I feel like the MSP is less sensitive than the Nikola. Especially w/o pads, but still takes more work with pads.

The more I ride the MSP the more I've been moving the pads out in an attempt to get more leverage. Still haven't come close to overleaning. The power on tap is incredible.

• Like 2

On 5/8/2020 at 5:24 PM, BoseHeadphones said:

Speed: I haven't hit the 80% alarm at full battery yet. Hit 38 mph the other day at 75% battery and still no beeps. I'm not particularly light (180 lbs geared) so I'm pleasantly surprised so far. My worries about MSS speed envy are fading, I rarely have an opportunity to go more than 35 mph.

This is not what I have heard about the Pro.  The beeps should come in at 32 ish.  You sure you didn’t miss them??  36-38 is cutout zone on the pro.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, photorph said:

This is not what I have heard about the Pro.  The beeps should come in at 32 ish.  You sure you didn’t miss them??  36-38 is cutout zone on the pro.  

Pretty sure, though I was initially worried that I was missing them due to wind noise. Didn’t hit the beeps on full battery until I hit 40 mph. Just did another long trip today and didn’t encounter beeps until 20% battery, when I was going 32 mph. Had a heavier buddy of mine (220lbs) try the MSP with a full charge and he wasn’t getting beeps until 36 mph.

I know one of the NYC reviews mentioned getting beeps at 32 mph, but I’m not running into that limit that until the battery is mostly gone.

Pretty sure, though I was initially worried that I was missing them due to wind noise. Didn’t hit the beeps on full battery until I hit 40 mph. Just did another long trip today and didn’t encounter beeps until 20% battery, when I was going 32 mph. Had a heavier buddy of mine (220lbs) try the MSP with a full charge and he wasn’t getting beeps until 36 mph.

I know one of the NYC reviews mentioned getting beeps at 32 mph, but I’m not running into that limit that until the battery is mostly gone.

Interesting, from feedback from a few sources beeps start 30-32 on newer 2500w motor vs high 30s on 2000w motor.  I know you can take it up to 37 at your own risk but you should be at 80% motor capacity in low 30s.  

The mspro is the only wheel I haven’t tried personally yet though.  I’d be a bit concerned about getting it as my street wheel since I’m so acclimated to the high speeds of the 100v MSX snd monster... I may push the pro too high and cause a cut out.

Would like to know if anyone else besides you who didn’t get the 80% warning in low 30s on the pro..