"Veteran" New brand of high performance EUC's

ugoaps

Just now, houseofjob said:

LOL #VeteranCheerleader #VeteranHypeMan

Like I've told you before, it's a marathon, not a race, can't compare wheels that have actually had real world miles on them with a fresh new wheel.

giphy.gif

Those guys should hire me as their PR guy I already pump their product up for free and probably got them a few sales in the process.  LOL

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rywokast said:

This video is definitive proof that riders should be leery of this wheel's prowess, despite the rugged facade.

Some riders at the meet-up said they saw 50% voltage sag under heavy load. If Alex (the rider who fell) was 280lbs, was riding aggressive, fast and "heavy" on that bump with a wheel that was already at 60% battery (stated by observers of still screen images), voltage sag could have put the battery at just 10%. Which would explain a cut-out of a high powered wheel at relatively low speed with no damaged internal components.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

This video is definitive proof that riders should be leery of this wheel's prowess, despite the rugged facade.

Some riders at the meet-up said they saw 50% voltage sag under heavy load. If Alex (the rider who fell) was 280lbs, was riding aggressive, fast and "heavy" on that bump with a wheel that was already at 60% battery (stated by observers of still screen images), voltage sag could have put the battery at just 10%. Which would explain a cut-out of a high powered wheel at relatively low speed with no damaged internal components.

I wonder if this is just an issue with the riding mode, and not power related. Maybe the "soft" is too soft. Gotway wheel's riding mode tend to be hard and harder. That's a disturbing amount of tilt though.

Edited by erk1024
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Jon Stern said:

What was that about?

The guy cut him off with his car. Either the Veteran/Tarzan hit his car or they exchanged words. And I guess that pissed off the car driver.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I thought you guys would get a kick out of this "slice of life while testing the Veteran". Only in New York :D

that's a surprisingly gentlemen fight.  no punches,  just a quick wrestle on the tarmac, finished with a choke hold and tap out. sideline ref politely hands back the drivers phone and everyone moves on.

are you sure this was in New York?  :rolleyes::laughbounce2:

getting back on topic,  where is the footage of the veteran cutting off the driver?

that's what I wanna see,  euc action please. heh

Edited by onizukagto
sepellingy
  • Like 2

Another NY minute. Lots of interesting things coming out of New York with regards to EUC and Veteran lately. At least Tarzan is wearing a helmet now.

”Sorry” and a smile would have dissolved the tension but I guess it’s a regional thing.

On positive news, I got email saying my Veteran Sherman has shipped from China. :w00t2: Only several weeks wait... :crying:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

that's a surprisingly gentlemen fight.  no punches,  just a quick wrestle on the tarmac, finished with a choke hold and tap out. sideline ref politely hands back the drivers phone and everyone moves on.

getting back on topic,  where is the footage of the veteran cutting off the driver?

:roflmao:

Why is it that like 1 in 3 NYC riders is batsh1t crazy? And it doesn't really matter if the EUC rider was 'right', civilized people don't behave like that. We're 20 years into the 2000s, it's not the 1950s.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

Why is it that like 1 in 3 NYC riders is batsh1t crazy? And it doesn't really matter if the EUC rider was 'right', civilized people don't behave like that. We're 20 years into the 2000s, it's not the 1950s.

hahaha, usually when somebody cuts me off or theyre in the wrong i just smile at them and go about my business.. i cant imagine it was intentional

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, onizukagto said:

I agree, but the driver is going to be feeling those ribs for the next month - maybe the next two.  As someone who has had both bruised ribs and bruised rib cartilage?  I don't envy his next few days

• Like 2

Without seeing any video of what caused the argument, I think I'll keep an open mind. We get so many videos from NYC of riders just ignoring the rules, riding through pedestrians on crossings, running red lights etc etc. Now everybody is speed testing the Veteran on public streets without insurance and quite possibly even a driving license. Yeah, what could possibly go wrong ...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ben Hatfield said:

I agree, but the driver is going to be feeling those ribs for the next month - maybe the next two.  As someone who has had both bruised ribs and bruised rib cartilage?  I don't envy his next few days

Guess he shouldn't have attacked a guy (in protective gear no less) then. Don't dish out if you can't take it.

The rider's reaction was surprisingly harmless given the circumstances. Not sure why people here are both-sideing the issue.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Without seeing any video of what caused the argument, I think I'll keep an open mind. We get so many videos from NYC of riders just ignoring the rules, riding through pedestrians on crossings, running red lights etc etc. Now everybody is speed testing the Veteran on public streets without insurance and quite possibly even a driving license. Yeah, what could possibly go wrong ...

I don't know if my math is way out, but a 26kg object travelling at 50mph colliding with something over a distance of 1.5m within 0.5 secs shows a peak force of 8660KN. Converted that's 883Kg. Even an average of half that is 441kg. I'm not throwing stones from a glass house as I'm no saint doing 40mph with my 25kg wheel but just thought I'd mention it as that impact force seemed pretty high to me (uselessness at maths excepted).