"Veteran" New brand of high performance EUC's

ugoaps

3 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

It's not a slow turning wheel, its more the characteristics of that tire.  I actually felt it was quite balanced and easy to maneuver. 

How did it compare to a msx (84V) or a Nikola or a Tesla, KS16x or a z10? (The ones i tried, but feel free to compare agaisnt other)

Just figured you have ridden one or all of them? So nice to have a comparison vs what us others have ridden to get a feeling if its worth jumping on the train allready 🙂

Edited by Boogieman

Aw. He didn’t seem to be going very fast, or? 
We'll have to see if it was purely random or if they provoked it..
I hope this won't be the 16X all over again, it has already shown the pedal dip :/

Edited by null

4 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Well, that didn't take long. I'm not sure if I'm commenting on the EUC or the NYC style of riding.

Are there any numbers for the crash? (battery %, rider weight, speed)

Is the guy OK?

If you pause the video at the right spots, battery seems to be 50 % ish. and there is a number below the speed readout that shows 120, but no idea what that relates to.

1 hour ago, Retrovertigo said:

below the speed readout that shows 120, but no idea what that relates to.

It seems to be current distance traveled - see attached.

image.png.8d950f98f17848901a615a5c511a2992.png

image.png.cd81812fe95360fbcb8db7383c67f75d.png

Edited by ESBU
  • Like 1

Riders 120+ KG (260LBS) Need more love from EUC manufactures. 🐷

EUC need more testing under heavy weight riders.(or Chinese testers with + 60Kg/120 lbs backpack) 🏋🏻‍♀️🐷

And the fact that it doesn't concern you nonsense people with older age are still gaining weight until death. 🐷

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Just some wild guessing - Seems he went a "little bit airborne" and put his weight on the pedal dips while "landing"? So he overleaned...

... anyhow - bumps are bad. Especially when accelerating/faster riding....

Difficult to do frame by frame with YT but indeed it could look like that. There is a bump and when he lands the feet are already pointing downward. One could have hoped the wheel would have been powerful enough to puck him up nonetheless, but if it pedal dips at high shock it might be linked.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chriull said:

It's the '.' and ',' keys - had to.look it up again, too...

Maybe with an 60 kg rider or him getting a bit less out of balance/'landing' in the middle of the pedal....

Nice, thanks for the tip :)

(and yes I hope it is that rather than the machine..)

• Like 1

Amazing it lasted this long. New wheels/ New brands are so sketchy, crazy to not wrap yourself in a mattress when "testing" new wheels...they ALWAYS cut-out no matter what the manufacturer says...and on busy streets too! Great video, lots to learn though. Well here's hoping for the Gotway Monster Pro!!!

I have been riding my new MSP High Torque the last few days and the difference in power this machine has is unbelievable. High torque versus high speed is an endless debate but the feeling of control is unparalleled and with an inherent lower speed limit safety is also unquestionable. My 100v Monster "could" go 40mph with enough battery, on flat ground, with little wind, for a small period of time. But it always felt on the edge of cutout, even at 35mph. This MSP can go up a steep mountain at 30mph for an hour with no hint of fatigue. AMAZING!

The sacrifice of speed for torque is a safer choice...as it is much easier to monitor speed rather than to monitor torque. Perhaps the Veteran Sherman is a "speed edition" of the 2500 watt motor, not torque.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Chriull said:

Just some wild guessing - Seems he went a "little bit airborne" and put his weight on the pedal dips while "landing"? So he overleaned...

... anyhow - bumps are bad. Especially when accelerating/faster riding....

Yep. I agree. He was airborne while accelerating hard. Wheel can't balance if it's not touching the ground. And then when he landed, the motor couldn't put out enough power fast enough to recover. Helps make the case for suspension which could have kept the tire more in contact with the pavement.

Probably don't want to do a Kuji style acceleration over bumps.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ESBU said:

...and there is....

1st cutout

Apart from what the other commenters have said about him being a little bit airborne, looking at the clip there some to be some other things to note:

- He's trying to speed down a non-cleared street
- He sees and accounts for the pedestrian
- After the pedestrian another bloke with a bicycle comes out attempting to cross and he seemingly reacts to him, by leaning back/braking
- After the previous backlean / break attempt it's sayonara

Attaching a frame right after the bicycle guy, but check the video for the lean (thanks @Chriull for the keyboard shortcuts :))

image.thumb.png.5a398a3158dc039c39d6e03a6433ec4a.png

On 6/15/2020 at 5:33 PM, houseofjob said:

That's exactly why I'm worried. Remember the inexplicable 84V Nikola with TO-220? It's always the super simple, dumb, avoidable stuff with Gotway, hopefully not Veteran.

Well, not to disparage your point but I'm still rocking my clean TO-220's on my Nikola without an issue (switched to the new board with the 247s but that had some fan issue which I never had time to dive into to and switched back). Still don't think the problem there was with the MOSFETs per se but with the glue all over MOSFETs on certain boards. In the end all that matters is that things work, but for that particular fiasco I'd say it was more an issue with the assembly line than one of the design but your point still holds true in a sense - if you can't guarantee execution then better provide some good margins everywhere. Hopefully Veteran will take note of these things as well going forward and oversee the QA more thoroughly.

Edited by Nils
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nils said:

Well, not to disparage your point but I'm still rocking my clean TO-220's on my Nikola without an issue (switched to the new board with the 247s but that had some fan issue which I never had time to dive into to and switched back). Still don't think the problem there was with the MOSFETs per se but with the glue all over MOSFETs on certain boards. In the end all that matters is that things work, but for that particular fiasco I'd say it was more an issue with the assembly line than one of the design but your point still holds true in a sense - if you can't guarantee execution then better provide some good margins everywhere. Hopefully Veteran will take not of these things as well going forward and oversee the QA more thoroughly.

The guy in that cutout video weighs 280 lbs and was trying to make that thing cutout. I don’t think that’s a proper use case for this wheel. 

Just so you guys have context he made a monster cutout from hitting a bump too. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

The guy in that cutout video weighs 280 lbs and was trying to make that thing cutout. I don’t think that’s a proper use case for this wheel. 

Just so you guys have context he made a monster cutout from hitting a bump too. 

I think you quoted the wrong post there, but for what it's worth I don't think a guy weighing 280 lbs and trying to make things cutout is a good use case for any wheel so we're in agreement there :P

Edited by Nils
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nils said:

Well, not to disparage your point but I'm still rocking my clean TO-220's on my Nikola without an issue (switched to the new board with the 247s but that had some fan issue which I never had time to dive into to and switched back). Still don't think the problem there was with the MOSFETs per se but with the glue all over MOSFETs on certain boards. In the end all that matters is that things work, but for that particular fiasco I'd say it was more an issue with the assembly line than one of the design but your point still holds true in a sense - if you can't guarantee execution then better provide some good margins everywhere. Hopefully Veteran will take note of these things as well going forward and oversee the QA more thoroughly.

That's good you're still OK with TO-220, and TBF, the issue was of course glue, but also if not for that, the chronic lack of addressing overheating concerns like proper airflow, exhaust, etc.

I'm of the mind they should be over-engineering, not under-engineering / just getting by with the bare minimum, so we'll see if this is Veteran's modus operandi.

• Like 3