"Veteran" New brand of high performance EUC's

ugoaps

On 6/30/2020 at 4:17 PM, ir_fuel said:

Just wondering, is it common that some company sends you an (expensive) wheel you can test and one of the things you do with it (as explicitly stated in this video) is try and smash it to pieces to see how it holds up?

Not some company. eWheels. They give one wheel to go around the US so everyone will eventually try it. The fact that So many New Yorkers got to try it is because Hsiang held an event which is nice of him too.

• Like 1

@Marty Backe at first I thought you took the dirt road up to the top of the lifts and connected to trail to the summit! 

I bet if you drove up to the parking lot the Sherman would make it to the peak. Hiking only trails though so maybe not the best idea but what an adventure! 

Great content as always :cheers:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I just got back from my first serious off-road ride with the Sherman, with some super-steep bumpy-as-hell trails. I didn't think I would say this, but I think I can sell my MSP :D

Wow! Every post of yours I read hypes me up more and more for my preorder to arrive. Can't wait for the overheat hill video! What are your thoughts on those powerpads by the way? 

• Like 1

I hope Veteran Fix this potentialy dangerous desing error/fail/weakspot. In next/later/future release/batch/versions  i hope in redesign/optimalisation this feature/problem.

------------------warning offtopic under this line----------------------------------------------------------- 

I use / for everyone to choose what they want to hear. It seems to me that we live in a hypercorrect cancel culture time where it is not allowed to criticize what someone has bought because it limits his personality and rights as people from sugar.

And to invite a person on a date or to say that I find it attractive is "almost rape or harassment". #eucmatters

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/FYQ202Q.jpg)

FYQ202Q.jpg

45 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

And to invite a person on a date or to say that I find it attractive is "almost rape or harassment". #eucmatters

A disconcerting/strange statement/quote/or whatever this should be...

• Like 2

I keep seeing a July 14th date come up with people talking about the first batch of Shermans but I don't see that date anywhere in the email update... What are people expecting then? To know if they're part of the first batch? 

From what the email makes it sound like is first batch wheels won't be in the customer's hands until early August correct? 

Edited by MrRobot

On 7/11/2020 at 8:33 PM, fryman said:

The video was well done and informative but:

• Most reliable wheel???? it's barely started shipping to customers!
  • Changing the colour of the flashing lights  - just warning folk that having any flashing lights (apart from indicators) is illegal in the UK unless you're an emergency vehicle.
  • No news on a mudguard?
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tazarinho said:

I think the design was done with two things in mind.

1. Being able to store all the batteries without having a bulky wheel. Which leads to the square design.
  2. Being able to get the side panels off with minimal fuss. As it is you don't need to take off the footplates or the roll bar. But the consequence is that the footplates are quite low and the roll bar can't cut corners.

I'm still glad it's there. If you hit the metal bar with some force, you'll have a nasty crash and what you see in the above picture. If the bar wasn't there you'd hit the plastic shell, utterly destroy it and potentially take a hit/scrape on the corner of the battery pack, which is not what I'd want...

I understand your points, but if I had the choice, I'd choose the angled roll bars = a little more work to remove the side panels +  sacrificing a little battery capacity,  as opposed to faceplanting because it scraped when hitting a corner. I've asked Manu Wheeler (from the French video) if he's had any scraping issues other than off-road, maybe I'm exaggerating a non-existent problem (for street-riders at least), or maybe I'm just looking for defects to justify not buying one :roflmao:

2 minutes ago, travsformation said:

I understand your points, but if I had the choice, I'd choose the angled roll bars = a little more work to remove the side panels +  sacrificing a little battery capacity,  as opposed to faceplanting because it scraped when hitting a corner. I've asked Manu Wheeler (from the French video) if he's had any scraping issues other than off-road, maybe I'm exaggerating a non-existent problem (for street-riders at least), or maybe I'm just looking for defects to justify not buying one :roflmao:

I'm sure if we wait till the first and second batch owners really start to ride this thing, there will be a load of little issues popping up here and there.
At least I hope so, or I might run out of reasons not to buy one as well... :roflmao:

Aside from cash... and the law, of course.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tazarinho said:

I'm sure if we wait till the first and second batch owners really start to ride this thing, there will be a load of little issues popping up here and there.

I think the Sherman would benefit greatly from a "V2" small update.

Maybe change the pedal hangers so the shell is a bit higher and the lower corners aren't so much in danger of scraping. Maybe modify the metal tube idea to also offer a grab handle on top. And whatever other small things come up.

Just some small changes could make this wheel basically perfect.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Tazarinho said:

I think the design was done with two things in mind.

1. Being able to store all the batteries without having a bulky wheel. Which leads to the square design.
  2. Being able to get the side panels off with minimal fuss. As it is you don't need to take off the footplates or the roll bar. But the consequence is that the footplates are quite low and the roll bar can't cut corners.

I'm still glad it's there. If you hit the metal bar with some force, you'll have a nasty crash and what you see in the above picture. If the bar wasn't there you'd hit the plastic shell, utterly destroy it and potentially take a hit/scrape on the corner of the battery pack, which is not what I'd want...

It's a myth that you don't need to take off the footplates to access the inside - told from my first hand experience

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I just climbed a short curb at a "slight" angle and whacked one of the roll bars, denting it badly.

So I suspect their next revision of this wheel will address the front roll bar.

Way to go Ace!  Crazy California drivers!!

• Like 1