"Veteran" New brand of high performance EUC's

ugoaps

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

We need to keep that in mind instead of giving (fake) ammunition to PEV haters.

I think that any 'fake' ammunition on the math pales into insignificance in relation to the very graphic vid in question doing the rounds.

As I say, I'm not criticising the video (or the riders) but I also think its pointless to criticise the math. That said, as you are a mod I take on board your comments.

18 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

neither what we can say, nor what others can or cannot say! (If you feel otherwise, please complain!) Post whatever you want to post:)

Weird?! Whats the point of having mods if you don't have the ability to ask people what/what not to say?

No complaints here btw :)

45 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Weird?! Whats the point of having mods 

We are in reality just some volunteer bureaucrates approving new posts as 99.9% of this work.

... and some cleanup, post/topic movement...

We should be renamed to auxiliary admins (or this bureaucrats :ph34r:) - moderating is just needed once things get really out of order.

49 minutes ago, Planemo said:

if you don't have the ability to ask people what/what not to say?

"Inbetween" moderation should noone really want...

45 minutes ago, Planemo said:

No complaints here btw :)

Thanks!

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Post whatever you want to post:)

A trap? :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Planemo said:

Weird?! Whats the point of having mods if you don't have the ability to ask people what/what not to say?

"Post what you want to post" - I meant that mods don't get more leeway than anybody else in comparison. Bad wording.

18 minutes ago, Chriull said:

And more work for us? No thanks;)

-

Anyways, that new Veteran wheel sure is nice;)I wonder how the range per Wh turns out with all that apparent power delivery.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

To be fair though, in all of the NYC videos I've seen, all of the 2 ton SUV's are patiently waiting in traffic while it's the EUC's that are using the streets as a race track

would have to agree there

5 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Argh, this is infuriating :angry:

The same 200lb/90kg+, barely a year-to-two years riding NYC riders are complaining up-the-chain to Veteran about pedal dip on the demo wheel on turns, when I'm pretty sure they never properly calibrated, which is like EUC 101.

I don't trust these Veteran engineers to "fix" this (can't say it's really a problem if you haven't calibrated properly, anyone on here knows this), because they are the same guys who "fixed" the "lack of torque" on the MSV3 going to the MSX, which wasn't really a lack of torque, it was a lack of a proper hard mode, as the MSV3 was all soft mode, but they overcompensated by making the MSX ALL HARD MODE, MSX Soft mode is still rock hard.

It's a wait-and-see here, but if they neuter this wheel's soft mode with such fixes, I am demanding my US pre-order money back, I didn't buy the MSX mainly for this reason, and I sure as hell won't buy a Veteran if it's HARD HARD HARD.

Preach brother!  One 280 lb whale cuts the wheel out (TRYING to cut the wheel out) and all of a sudden everyone's in a panic.  Don't do the Kuji superman lean and and learn your wheel's limits for f***'s sake. I also don't believe Veteran can leave soft mode alone while appeasing the fatties with a proper hard mode, so I'd also be concerned for you since I like a little sway in my wheels (just not the ocean wave dippy action of "OG" soft mode). 

I could make the Mten3 cutout on command but I don't do it because I know the wheel's limits.  On the bright side, my Sherman is a 1st batch wheel, so what I experienced at the demo is likely what my personal wheel will feel like when I receive it. 

Edited by Ben Kim
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

Preach brother!  One 280 lb whale cuts the wheel out (TRYING to cut the wheel out) and all of a sudden everyone's in a panic.  Don't do the Kuji superman lean and and learn your wheel's limits for f***'s sake. I also don't believe Veteran can leave soft mode alone while appeasing the fatties with a proper hard mode, so I'd also be concerned for you since I like a little sway in my wheels (just not the ocean wave dippy action of "OG" soft mode). 

I could make the Mten3 cutout on command but I don't do it because I know the wheel's limits.  On the bright side, my Sherman is a 1st batch wheel, so what I experienced at the demo is likely what my personal wheel will feel like when I receive it. 

Yeah, I've yet to see Gotway be able to provide in one of their wheels Both Brickwall Hard mode AND OG Gotway Soft Mode in one package, one side is ALWAYS compromised, either the Soft side, or the Hard, so counting on these ex-Gotway Veteran engineers not to compromise one of these modes here does not look good.

I sincerely hope I don't regret going with eWheels on this Veteran purchase, as much as I love @Jason McNeil

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Argh, this is infuriating :angry:

The same 200lb/90kg+, barely a year-to-two years riding NYC riders are complaining up-the-chain to Veteran about pedal dip on the demo wheel on turns, when I'm pretty sure they never properly calibrated, which is like EUC 101.

I don't trust these Veteran engineers to "fix" this (can't say it's really a problem if you haven't calibrated properly, anyone on here knows this), because they are the same guys who "fixed" the "lack of torque" on the MSV3 going to the MSX, which wasn't really a lack of torque, it was a lack of a proper hard mode, as the MSV3 was all soft mode, but they overcompensated by making the MSX ALL HARD MODE, MSX Soft mode is still rock hard.

It's a wait-and-see here, but if they neuter this wheel's soft mode with such fixes, I am demanding my US pre-order money back, I didn't buy the MSX mainly for this reason, and I sure as hell won't buy a Veteran if it's HARD HARD HARD.

Thankfully my new Tesla V2 still has a real soft mode and a hard mode that's harder than the MSX/MSP :thumbup:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chriull said:

We are in reality just some volunteer bureaucrates approving new posts as 99.9% of this work.

... and some cleanup, post/topic movement...

We should be renamed to auxiliary admins (or this bureaucrats :ph34r:) - moderating is just needed once things get really out of order.

"Inbetween" moderation should noone really want...

Thanks!

That would be so cool if we could change the text on this Forum from Moderator to Bureaucrat :thumbup: 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Thankfully my new Tesla V2 still has a real soft mode and a hard mode that's harder than the MSX/MSP :thumbup:

Yes, that's what I hear (as I started riding soft after this wheel came out). Perhaps what I hated about the Tesla, low pedals and narrow tire, have now been fixed with this 2020 version 🧐

• Like 1

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Perhaps what I hated about the Tesla, low pedals and narrow tire, have now been fixed with this 2020 version 🧐

I don't believe that either of your 2 main concerns have been addressed, @Marty Backe can confirm for sure though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fbhb said:

I don't believe that either of your 2 main concerns have been addressed, @Marty Backe can confirm for sure though!

Correct. The only substantive difference that I see is the speakers and some fit & finish.

That being said, I do enjoy owning a Tesla for that narrow tire ride.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Yeah, I've yet to see Gotway be able to provide in one of their wheels Both Brickwall Hard mode AND OG Gotway Soft Mode in one package, one side is ALWAYS compromised, either the Soft side, or the Hard, so counting on these ex-Gotway Veteran engineers not to compromise one of these modes here does not look good.

I sincerely hope I don't regret going with eWheels on this Veteran purchase, as much as I love @Jason McNeil

like we discussed, waiting to get the bugs out in later revisions can be counterproductive with China. Many times, to save a buck or as a kneejerk reaction, we see later batches regress poorly in quality and design. No company is more guilty of this than Gotway. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, zege said:

Found this on reddit, not mine. But very informative.

Good job to find and post it.

First Sherman video I really like look and listen to it.

Edited by Esbu
  • Like 1

Nice to see a first real review of the Sherman, and good job getting and sharing it from Hsiang.

I'm still not convinced the fall was an actual cut out due to it being airborne right before, while accelerating, and it looks to me it tilts forward because it doesn't have road to grip on. IDK.

Other little point I believe the young torque guy said to u-stride he could do it with a MSP (hence stride wanted to see it on his) but he didn't manage due to not having pads. (18:05)

Edited by null
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, null said:

Nice to see a first real review of the Sherman, and good job getting and sharing it from Hsiang.

I'm still not convinced the fall was an actual cut out due to it being airborne right before, while accelerating, and it looks to me it tilts forward because it doesn't have road to grip on. IDK.

Other little point I believe the young torque guy said to u-stride he could do it with a MSP (hence stride wanted to see it on his) but he didn't manage due to not having pads. (18:05)

Even if it was airborne the gyro should have caught it and kept him upright if it were able to support his weight.  That bump and the fact he was in a full on frontal lean, caused the amp limit to spike and dropped him.  Can happen to anyone actually.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

Even if it was airborne the gyro should have caught it and kept him upright if it were able to support his weight.  That bump and the fact he was in a full on frontal lean, caused the amp limit to spike and dropped him.  Can happen to anyone actually.

If the rider Is airborne yes, but if the wheel is airborne, and the rider pushes the pedals down, it will tilt. (the wheel having nothing to grip on) It should ideally catch him even from a 30+degree angle upon landing, but there could be loss of control in such an event also. He mentioned it just suddenly let him go, normally overlean has a fade. So as it cuts sharp its either a technical failure or a loss of ground grip as far as I can understand.

edit: maybe the landing ate the power margin, still seems a bit weak or buggy in that case to me. If you can't ride a bump being a big guy.

Edited by null

3 minutes ago, null said:

If the rider Is airborne yes, but if the wheel is airborne, and the rider pushes the pedals down, it will tilt. (the wheel having nothing to grip on) It should ideally catch him even from a 30+degree angle upon landing, but there could be loss of control in such an event also. He mentioned it just suddenly let him go, normally overlean has a fade. So as it cuts sharp its either a technical failure or a loss of ground grip as far as I can understand.

The Sherman has a hard amp limit to protect the board from failure, I don't think there is leeway in that regard for Veteran.  He was airborne for literally fractions of a second, in any normal use case that would not have happened.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ben Kim said:

The Sherman has a hard amp limit to protect the board from failure,

Would not be the worst idea - especially with a 10p configuration! This could fry otherwise any mosfet/cable/connector/motor with ease...

Although some warning before would be nice!

• Like 1