I downgraded my firmware to 1.05 and switched to the Chao Yang

Mike Sacristan

I've got a flat tire on my 16x, I've put more slime in it and its stayed upto pressure but in the morning it's flat so I'm taking no more risks and bought a tube and the Chao Yang tyre to see what it's like 👍, I love my 16x😊

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stephen said:

I've got a flat tire on my 16x, I've put more slime in it and its stayed upto pressure but in the morning it's flat so I'm taking no more risks and bought a tube and the Chao Yang tyre to see what it's like 👍, I love my 16x😊

Oh geez... so you are joining the CYT club. I am very interested in hearing your impressions.
Changing the tyre wasn't so bad... getting the pedals off was the worst part.
evX has a great tutorial.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Oh geez... so you are joining the CYT club. I am very interested in hearing your impressions.
Changing the tyre wasn't so bad... getting the pedals off was the worst part.
evX has a great tutorial.

Only changing the tyre cause I've got a puncture and thought I'd try it see how different it is, never ever changed a tyre, I'm a solo rider☹️ so it looks like my girlfreind is changing the tyre with me oooh how much she'll enjoy my stress doing it 😁😁 , oooh jeez I need tyre levers ,, Amazon here I come lol

Tyre should be here within a week I'll update after 👍

• Like 2

11 hours ago, stephen said:

Are you not inquisitive 😁

Sort of, but how do they say, never change a winning team. ;)

I‘ll keep waiting for an update wich is as great as 2.00 for the XL. B)

Edited by RoadRunner
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RoadRunner said:

Sort of, but how do they say, never change a winning team. ;)

I‘ll keep waiting for an update wich is as great as 2.00 for the XL. B)

I hope you're a patient man.... :roflmao:

• Like 1

This is completely off-topic,  but @Seba has asked Jack Kingsong about the possibility of muting KS wheels' confirmation beeps (when connecting to the wheel, making changes in the app, etc.) in future FW upgrades but there are currently only 7 users following the thread where the request was posted. I imagine there are MANY of us who'd love to be able to mute them (to not wake up the the entire household when leaving home in the morning, to not draw (even more) attention to ourselves when at a restaurant/café, etc., to not get caught when sneaking out to the pub... :efee612b4b:), so this is a good chance for KS users to show our support for this very desirable request!

To do so, simply follow this link and like Seba's post. No more, no less.

Please refrain from adding additional requests, tagging Jack (which I've deliberately avoided doing in this post), asking him questions, complaining about issues (including the beeps! :P), making accusations, etc. We're very fortunate to have a KS representative in the forum so there's a direct channel with the manufacturer, but remember that it's just one person, he can't keep up with the questions and requests of an entire forum as it's virtually impossible, so please let mods and app developers channel requests so we don't overwhelm him. He's doing us a massive favour by sticking around, so let's be grateful and respectful! 

So to reiterate, I'm only asking you to like Seba's post (nothing more!) if you would like to be able to mute the beeps on your KS wheels:) 

P.S. Sorry if this is borderline spamming, but I think it's an issue worth giving visibility to. I'm not selling anything :D

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, travsformation said:

I share the sentiment that nothing is wrong with the firmware, that 1.06 and 1.07 were created rather to protect users from themselves...

But it is true that some things have been refined and improved in later FWs, including safety features. But no amount of FW changes can keep certain people from face-planting... :efee612b4b:

On second thought, I think it's worth adding, especially for new users' sake, that if you change FW version and experience unwanted side-effects (pedal dipping at speed, etc.), especially ones involving potential safety concerns, it's best to revert back to FWs that have proven safe for you. Different FWs may behavve different on different batches, boards, etc., there's a lot we don't know, so the bottom line is: stay safe

• Like 2