Jump to content
Sai

Tesla V2 1480wh vs KS 16X vs Nikola 1600wh 84v?

Recommended Posts

How would you rate each wheel out of 10 and why? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I’ve learned by browsing here a lot:

1) tesla for best maneuverability

2) 16x for the best trolly handle/commuting

3) Nikola for the best high speed cruising 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tesla is a nimble and relatively light commuter wheel. Excellent choice depending on what you are looking for, good bang for the buck too.

16X looks more serious (subjective) and has more off-road potential (high pedal clearance). It is also very good all round with a great trolley handle. It has more range as well (top speed will be limited sooner). Quality control is a bit iffy and it is expensive. (Mine had a couple of serious issues right out of the box).

The Nikola is sort of moot now Imo. I would just get the MSP instead. Nikola is fairly bulky for a 16" wheel, has a sub-par trolley handle. It is very difficult to carry due to the huge handle. It rides great though, similar to the 16X (depending on the tire). I would say the Nikola is smoother but not as nimble due to it's bulk and weight.

 

I see you own a V8? If this is meant to be an "upgrade/new experience" I would go for the 16X or the MSP. Unless you love the way the V8 rides, and it's form factor, then the Tesla will be best I think. The Tesla will feel like a more powerful version of your V8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are buying a wheel for commuting an 18 inch wheel makes a difference.  Smoother ride because of the bigger wheel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends on why you're upgrading and usage scenario--top speed vs range vs comfort vs any off-roading, etc. Although anyone in the market for one of the 84v, 1600Wh wheels now I'd wait for first impressions/reviews of the V11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never ridden a 16 inch wheel. I've only had the chance to ever really ride the KS14D and MS3. Is an 18 inch wheel really that much better for cruising? Personally, I really like my torque / nimbleness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2020 at 8:24 PM, Sai said:

How would you rate each wheel out of 10 and why? 

What do you want to use it for? do you ever have to lift it up stairs? short trips/long trips? your weight? what are the roads like near you? ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While 16” wheels are zippyer than 18”, the 16x3” wheels (Nikola and 16X) are practically as heavy as their 18” counterparts, and the tire diameter is noticeably larger than on a Tesla. This makes them behave and feel about half way between the Tesla and MSP/MSX.

 For relaxed cruising and longer distances 18” is absolutely the way to go. The difference is notable, even to the 16x3” wheels. For a larger guy like me the 18” is the way to go, period. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

While 16” wheels are zippyer than 18”, the 16x3” wheels (Nikola and 16X) are practically as heavy as their 18” counterparts, and the tire diameter is noticeably larger than on a Tesla. This makes them behave and feel about half way between the Tesla and MSP/MSX.

 For relaxed cruising and longer distances 18” is absolutely the way to go. The difference is notable, even to the 16x3” wheels. For a larger guy like me the 18” is the way to go, period. 

+1.  I had an inMotion V8 16 inch, and my KingSong 18L felt so much smoother to ride.  Doesn't make logical sense to me why 2 inches would make such a big difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/25/2020 at 12:41 PM, Skecys said:

The Nikola is sort of moot now Imo. I would just get the MSP instead. Nikola is fairly bulky for a 16" wheel, has a sub-par trolley handle. It is very difficult to carry due to the huge handle. It rides great though, similar to the 16X (depending on the tire). I would say the Nikola is smoother but not as nimble due to it's bulk and weight.

lol what?
-The nikola trolley handle is far superior to the hazardous Msuper trolley design. 
-The nikola has higher top speed than the MSP.

-The nikola has better acceleration than the MSP

-The nikola is far more nimble then the MSP

Hardly any of what I just said is subjective. The MSP is a trail wheel. The Nikola is for street

Edited by Darrell Wesh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 minutes ago, DanCar said:

Doesn't make logical sense to me why 2 inches would make such a big difference.

The difference is a bit more than 2”. The width of the tire also increases the outer diameter. Going from 16x1.95” to 18x2.5” makes it probably something like 2.5” larger. And the width makes it much stabler in itself as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Darrell Wesh said:

lol what?
-The nikola trolley handle is far superior to the hazardous Msuper trolley design. 
-The nikola has higher top speed than the MSP.

-The nikola has better acceleration than the MSP

-The nikola is far more nimble then the MSP

Hardly any of what I just said is subjective. The MSP is a trail wheel. The Nikola is for street

I am guessing you own a Nikola? 😅 Dispite all the above I did order a Nikola + 1800wh version. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, mrelwood said:

 

The difference is a bit more than 2”. The width of the tire also increases the outer diameter. Going from 16x1.95” to 18x2.5” makes it probably something like 2.5” larger. And the width makes it much stabler in itself as well.

Perhaps the increased gyroscopic effect plays a big role too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...