Tesla V2 1480wh vs KS 16X vs Nikola 1600wh 84v?

Sai

Tesla is a nimble and relatively light commuter wheel. Excellent choice depending on what you are looking for, good bang for the buck too.

16X looks more serious (subjective) and has more off-road potential (high pedal clearance). It is also very good all round with a great trolley handle. It has more range as well (top speed will be limited sooner). Quality control is a bit iffy and it is expensive. (Mine had a couple of serious issues right out of the box).

The Nikola is sort of moot now Imo. I would just get the MSP instead. Nikola is fairly bulky for a 16" wheel, has a sub-par trolley handle. It is very difficult to carry due to the huge handle. It rides great though, similar to the 16X (depending on the tire). I would say the Nikola is smoother but not as nimble due to it's bulk and weight.

I see you own a V8? If this is meant to be an "upgrade/new experience" I would go for the 16X or the MSP. Unless you love the way the V8 rides, and it's form factor, then the Tesla will be best I think. The Tesla will feel like a more powerful version of your V8.

• Like 2

It depends on why you're upgrading and usage scenario--top speed vs range vs comfort vs any off-roading, etc. Although anyone in the market for one of the 84v, 1600Wh wheels now I'd wait for first impressions/reviews of the V11.

• Like 1

While 16” wheels are zippyer than 18”, the 16x3” wheels (Nikola and 16X) are practically as heavy as their 18” counterparts, and the tire diameter is noticeably larger than on a Tesla. This makes them behave and feel about half way between the Tesla and MSP/MSX.

For relaxed cruising and longer distances 18” is absolutely the way to go. The difference is notable, even to the 16x3” wheels. For a larger guy like me the 18” is the way to go, period. 

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

While 16” wheels are zippyer than 18”, the 16x3” wheels (Nikola and 16X) are practically as heavy as their 18” counterparts, and the tire diameter is noticeably larger than on a Tesla. This makes them behave and feel about half way between the Tesla and MSP/MSX.

For relaxed cruising and longer distances 18” is absolutely the way to go. The difference is notable, even to the 16x3” wheels. For a larger guy like me the 18” is the way to go, period. 

+1.  I had an inMotion V8 16 inch, and my KingSong 18L felt so much smoother to ride.  Doesn't make logical sense to me why 2 inches would make such a big difference.

On 4/25/2020 at 12:41 PM, Skecys said:

The Nikola is sort of moot now Imo. I would just get the MSP instead. Nikola is fairly bulky for a 16" wheel, has a sub-par trolley handle. It is very difficult to carry due to the huge handle. It rides great though, similar to the 16X (depending on the tire). I would say the Nikola is smoother but not as nimble due to it's bulk and weight.

lol what?
-The nikola trolley handle is far superior to the hazardous Msuper trolley design. 
-The nikola has higher top speed than the MSP.

-The nikola has better acceleration than the MSP

-The nikola is far more nimble then the MSP

Hardly any of what I just said is subjective. The MSP is a trail wheel. The Nikola is for street

Edited by Darrell Wesh
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, DanCar said:

Doesn't make logical sense to me why 2 inches would make such a big difference.

The difference is a bit more than 2”. The width of the tire also increases the outer diameter. Going from 16x1.95” to 18x2.5” makes it probably something like 2.5” larger. And the width makes it much stabler in itself as well.

14 hours ago, Darrell Wesh said:

lol what?
-The nikola trolley handle is far superior to the hazardous Msuper trolley design. 
-The nikola has higher top speed than the MSP.

-The nikola has better acceleration than the MSP

-The nikola is far more nimble then the MSP

Hardly any of what I just said is subjective. The MSP is a trail wheel. The Nikola is for street

I am guessing you own a Nikola? 😅 Dispite all the above I did order a Nikola + 1800wh version. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mrelwood said:

The difference is a bit more than 2”. The width of the tire also increases the outer diameter. Going from 16x1.95” to 18x2.5” makes it probably something like 2.5” larger. And the width makes it much stabler in itself as well.

Perhaps the increased gyroscopic effect plays a big role too.