kingsong 16x CST tyre & case inteference issue

DannyK

Anyone else got their ks 16x in CST tyre? Not CYT? I was expecting to get it with CYT but it came with this tyre.. Kingsong said from the latest batches they changed it to CST which is same as Msuper pro but two of my community members here that just bought the 16x from the main distributor got CYT tyre and their production date is even later than mine. Ive bought directly off china so guessing that is probably why theres difference in the build. Anyone tried both tyres?

Plus my wheel came in faulty as the inner right side of the case inteferes with the tyre while turning or putting pressure on the right side as can be seen on the picture. And my dealer hasnt gotten any answers or explanations about it for 4days straight from kingsong. He tried to fix it after disasssembling and readjusting the wheel but disassembly was impossible as some bolts were screwed in too tightly with drills so there was no way to take the inside apart without using drills which would mess up the bolts. Is there any way to unscrew these super tight bolts without messing it up with drills?

I dont understand how even the simplest noticeable mistakes like this were not dealt with during examination(if there are any) before shipping it out. It can be noticed how assemby of the units are done quite carelessly. This is $1800 wheel, its not some cheap gadget. Pls put in more care with the assembly of the units.

20200420_170955.jpg

Edited by DannyK

1st choice is with heat, 2nd choice is the hammer method. 

Good luck :)

PS. I have the CST-C1488 tire, but installed it by myself. No problem with it. 

Edited by buell47

43 minutes ago, buell47 said:

1st choice is with heat, 2nd choice is the hammer method. 

Good luck :)

PS. I have the CST-C1488 tire, but installed it by myself. No problem with it. 

I will relay this to my dealer for future references. He just refunded the wheel for me at his loss without any replies from kingsong yet.

Btws have u changed it from CYT tyre? If so which felt better?

I had the CX321 1st batch tire with the horrible gyro effect. I switched directly to the CST-C1488 because I prefer off-road riding and the CST has the better tread pattern than the CYT. The CYT is also about 4 mm narrower than the CST/CX321. I drove the 16x with the Chao Yang H-5167 only briefly from a friend. Very nimble, but it is more a street tyre. The CST is a better allrounder IMO. 

Edited by buell47
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, buell47 said:

Ich hatte den Reifen der 1. Charge CX321 mit dem schrecklichen Kreisel-Effekt. Ich bin direkt auf den CST-C1488 umgestiegen, weil ich das Geländefahren bevorzuge und der CST das bessere Profilmuster hat als der CYT. Der CYT ist auch etwa 4 mm schmaler als der CYT. Ich hatte von einem Freund einen 16x mit dem Chao Yang H-5167 gefahren. Sehr wendig, aber es ist mehr ein Straßenreifen. IMO der CST ist ein besserer Allrounder. 

Please write in English only in this thread - forum rules.

7 hours ago, buell47 said:

Ich hatte den Reifen der 1. Charge CX321 mit dem schrecklichen Kreisel-Effekt. Ich bin direkt auf den CST-C1488 umgestiegen, weil ich das Geländefahren bevorzuge und der CST das bessere Profilmuster hat als der CYT. Der CYT ist auch etwa 4 mm schmaler als der CYT. Ich hatte von einem Freund einen 16x mit dem Chao Yang H-5167 gefahren. Sehr wendig, aber es ist mehr ein Straßenreifen. IMO der CST ist ein besserer Allrounder. 

I was a bit baffled with why the sudden foreign language, but my bixby vision helped with translating it :rolleyes:.

Summary tranalation: He had first batch CX tyre so switched to CST. CST is thicker tire than CYT by 4mm with better thread patterns for off roading. CYT more of road tyre and nimble. 

Does that mean in high speeds, CST could be more stable than CYT?

Edited by DannyK
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2020 at 9:50 AM, Unventor said:

Please edit this and post in english, so I can hide my moderator comment.

Nearly 2 weeks later.....it wasn't that important if your comments are still there, was it?

On 4/25/2020 at 12:13 AM, Unventor said:

Please write in English only in this thread - forum rules.

52 minutes ago, Unventor said:

It was a friendly reminder and to show that we have an English forum despite being a global too.

Since you don't write in German in general I saw little point on making a big thing out of this. I am pretty sure you understand, as you have been here long enough. 

Yes, you know that I know that English is written here, so why did you start the teachings publicly in the thread. A pn would have been enough to point out my mistake, then there would have been no need to write here in the thread.

Sorry, but I do not understand that.

Please just read and then clean up, no answer is necessary. Thx

Edited by buell47