Jump to content
Slartibartfast

MSS vs MSP

Recommended Posts

Is it a 19" rim, or another 18" measured at tire circumference? Good news for the gotway people for sure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Boogieman said:

If MSX stopped producing that means they go all in on 19" wheels now i Guess (a pity) except the Tesla v2 and the small wheels

I would love the 17" MSX [...]

Nothing has changed in tire size for MSX/MSP/MSS.聽 It's 18x3 but they list it as 19" as it's like 19.5" in reality at the outer edge or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, xorbe said:

Nothing has changed in tire size for MSX/MSP/MSS.聽 It's 18x3 but they list it as 19" as it's like 19.5" in reality at the outer edge or so.

Youre right, I mixed up Nikola and MSX (because i think the MSX is a lot more quick steered / quicker responding than the Nikola, quick steering normally relates to smaller diameter and less wide tyre) (currently riding Tesla...quicker than any of theese in steering due to less wide tyre and 16"...starting to think diameter doesnt make that big of an impact on response, but rather width. The z10 was crazy slow /hard to push down.

Rechecked this excellent table (unhide cells to see msx old version) and indeed

Tire MF 18, PEV MF 19,meassures 19.5"

The Nikola though tire MF 16", PEV MF 17", meassures 17.25"

All of the above 3" wide tyre....Im stoked, I didn't wamt the MSP due to big diameter, but love the MSX. Now I understand they are the same wheel and chassis :-) Thanks for the correction guys 馃槏

Edited by Boogieman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the high speed msuper pro is exactly the one you can get from ewheels (2000w "old" motor with new board and firmware )

the torque version has the 2500W聽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, EMA said:

the high speed msuper pro is exactly the one you can get from ewheels (2000w "old" motor with new board and firmware )

the torque version has the 2500W聽

Absolutely correct.聽 The聽HIGH SPEED MSS is available on eWheels today....聽 I opted for the high torque MSP.聽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Preston Palmer said:

Absolutely correct.聽 The聽HIGH SPEED MSS is available on eWheels today....聽 I opted for the high torque MSP.聽

everyone should open their MSP and check all components as well as go very slow for the first few hundred km... i have seen three on FB now go out in spectacular fashion, enough to make me change my mind on getting one with the problems on the monster V3, MSP, and various nikolas now... it seems obvious to me now that the 84V MSX was a fluke, and i think i will be sticking with brands that actually care if their customers die or burn down their houses for the foreseeable future lol

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GotWay/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Three? I missed the third MSP. And what was the problem with the Monster V3?

Jason should have news tomorrow regarding if the MSP failures are random or if聽there is a batch issue.

I really wish there was competition for Gotway. Then either they'd get noticeably better or disappear. Maybe Veteran will be it but we're way too early in that story to know.

And don't say KingSong or Inmotion. If they represented performance competition than Go

Just wondering if this issue are just those has Mspro High speed cz for that they use different motherboard and as far as what i saw the motherboards are look聽like athe new聽MSX motherboard even come with the sticker MsuperX 100volts. So that question now is that are those mspro that burn MB are the High speed with 2000w motor or the regular Mspro with 2500w motor. I ask this because i have an Mspro 2500w and everything if fine work great 聽and i was think to change it to a high speed 2000w motor. And i just received recently the Motherboard for the 2000w motor聽from ewheels and jason told me that this board are being used聽in the HIgh speed聽mspro. And i聽dont have a chance to switch it yet and now here come and issue of motherboard burning now im kind of worried about it if i change it. I hope they get this resolve or know the issue at hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Yanex87 said:

Just wondering if this issue are just those has Mspro High speed cz for that they use different motherboard and as far as what i saw the motherboards are look聽like athe new聽MSX motherboard even come with the sticker MsuperX 100volts. So that question now is that are those mspro that burn MB are the High speed with 2000w motor or the regular Mspro with 2500w motor. I ask this because i have an Mspro 2500w and everything if fine work great 聽and i was think to change it to a high speed 2000w motor. And i just received recently the Motherboard for the 2000w motor聽from ewheels and jason told me that this board are being used聽in the HIgh speed聽mspro. And i聽dont have a chance to switch it yet and now here come and issue of motherboard burning now im kind of worried about it if i change it. I hope they get this resolve or know the issue at hand.

i do believe they are using the same board.. perhaps with different FW? one of these that just got posted was the high speed version and the other was the high torque version.. either way obviously now its either due to the board itself or the assembly, since it has just happened to both variants

Edited by Rywokast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rywokast said:

seen two now go up in smoke for seemingly no reason, and another destroy itself from water damage from apparently just shortly riding in light rain.. thats just within like a week... and dont forget the oscillation issues as well, though luckily have yet to see any of those end badly hopefully they all got new boards sent to them... the monster V3s have had issues with batteries shipping with dead cells.. which as you know can be dangerous for various reasons.. they have caused ewheels a headache and forced them to implement their own QC list that is supposed to happen for every single wheel as well as their own guy there doing the spot checks.. oh yes i absolutely agree with you there is no competition for gotway at all, thats why only through immense dealer and community pressure did they even start to make minor iterative improvements over the years, of course at the expense of us guinea pigs.. thank god i saw your video on the nikola right before mine was shipped out and i said i want the new board in it or cancel my order now.... however even with the new board now there is the slew of 84V nikola board issues with the 5V DC converter i think where all the lights on the wheel remain on indefinitely lol, you are right that if any of the others were to suddenly make wheels of more varying sizes with much higher top speeds gotway would go out of business fast.. they use inferior materials, poor internal designs that are then poorly assembled with little to no QC, and again little to no thought put into ergonomics generally speaking

OK, so the 3rd one is the water damage. I get it, but I do put that into a different category of problem that every wheel is susceptible to (see a wheel called the 16X with it's horrible weather sealing). Rain I can protect myself against. Self destructing control boards? Not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Did the 16x used to have a lot of water ingress/damage issues? Jason sent me a 16x as a replacement for my burnt up Nikola. I opened it up and it seems pretty solid to me. Power button is siliconed, speakers have gasketing silicone etc. The only mod I had to do is the "foam" mod where the mudguard meets the inner shell - this is still an area of ingress for dust and water but the gap doesn't seem to be as severe as the pictures shown in the Mods thread.

Only thing is... the 16x is "slow". I miss that smooth smooth acceleration of the Nikola and the top speed safety buffer (I only peaked at ~34mph, avg 23-27mph on the Nikola).

Edited by davinche

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, davinche said:

Did the 16x used to have a lot of water ingress/damage issues? Jason sent me a 16x as a replacement for my burnt up Nikola. I opened it up and it seems pretty solid to me. Power button is siliconed, speakers have gasketing silicone etc. The only mod I had to do is the "foam" mod where the mudguard meets the inner shell - this is still an area of ingress for dust and water but the gap doesn't seem to be as severe as the pictures shown in the Mods thread.

Only thing is... the 16x is "slow". I miss that smooth smooth acceleration of the Nikola and the top speed safety buffer (I only peaked at ~34mph, avg 23-27mph on the Nikola).

I'm not aware of water issues, just poor seals from the outside. All of the lower LEDs on my 16X have amazing quantities of dirt inside. I heard that KingSong made improvements, but my first batch is stuck with dirt. I don't feel like taking it apart to clean and install weather barriers so I'll live with the dirt.

You still have your Nikola?

Have you joined my Telegram group so you can participate in some local group rides? See my signature for info if not.

Edited by Marty Backe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You still have your Nikola?

Have you joined my Telegram group so you can participate in some local group rides? See my signature for info if not.

No... my Nikola is the one that went up in flames. I'll join the telegram though, but I only have a 16x haha.

Edited by davinche

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

OK, so the 3rd one is the water damage. I get it, but I do put that into a different category of problem that every wheel is susceptible to (see a wheel called the 16X with it's horrible weather sealing). Rain I can protect myself against. Self destructing control boards? Not so much.

oh yea I just meant in a spectacular fashion as in self destructing and throwing off the rider.. I don't believe most wheels with top mounted boards would have this happen from riding in the rain, could happen to any wheel though yea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

any new owners of MSS here (from EUCSERVICE) ?
could you please post your thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Meserias said:

any new owners of MSS here (from EUCSERVICE) ?
could you please post your thoughts.

They won鈥檛 be in people鈥檚 hands until mid July

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

if you order when ....today ?

Edited by Meserias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, davinche said:

No... my Nikola is the one that went up in flames. I'll join the telegram though, but I only have a 16x haha.

Only the 16X? That's a great wheel and can do any of the rides that we do. Hope to meet you some time聽:cheers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Meserias said:

if you order when ....today ?

I don鈥檛 know - I Ordered end of April and that鈥檚 the message I have. (Via erides)

I also ordered one of Daniel鈥檚 wheels for the peace of mind re: QC

Edited by HippoPig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...