need help in diagnosing the problem (TG T3)

Daniil

7 minutes ago, chrisinbama said:

Finally! My new control board has arrived from Banggood. Hopefully this will be as easy as it looks. I'm concerned about removing the old one tho..they have a lot of "goop" on the different connectors, I guess to ensure they are held in there, but I don't want to break anything taking them off. Do I need to do something special to get the old ones out with that stuff on there? I feel like if I just pry them out I'll ruin something. But they are definitely not just coming out. Also, those blue, yellow and green ones are in there with little two-prong wire connectors...and they don't just come up. Are those soldered in there, or should I be able to just pull those out? Here are images of the new board next to the old one as it's connected. Hope my images aren't too dark.

You could try to use a hair dryer to heat up the "goop" -maybe then you can get the connectors loose 

The images are to dark and blurred - at leased a cannot see anything on it. Just that it's a board with the components... ;(

3 hours ago, chrisinbama said:

Bah! I thought so. I was on my lunch break when the package came, so that was hurried with my phone. I'll try to get better pictures tonight with my REAL camera...and maybe put some light on it so you can see better.

I take Needle Nosed Pliers to carefully remove as much of the goop as I can, then they usually come off fine.  The single plug wires are not soldered.  They might have a little goop too.  Clean as much as you can, then pull them off.

After putting all the wires on the new board (Follow your Photos for Placement) and verifying it's running well, you can use a hot glue gun to apply more goop to hold the wires on.  They use that because of the obvious beatings these things get when crashed.  Don't want a wire bouncing around in there with power going to it.

• 3 weeks later...

I completely forgot to update y'all on my wheel. I managed to get it fixed! Woot! I did not put anything on the wires tho. Hopefully it will be fine and nothing will come undone. I just pried all the junk off with a screwdriver. If I have to do this again with something that has that on it, I'll try SuperSport's needlenose method because the screwdriver was not the best tool for that job. But anyway, it got it all back together and my wheel works again, so I'm happy!

Hello Chrisinbama. Too late perhaps but...

I did made an exchange after a faceplant and Banggood sent me another card. Just the same except the cooler was just a massive bar before, and now it is deeply dented for a better cooling.

I removed the old card using a piece of metal with a hook at the end. I heated it with a lighter and removed the glue links between the pieces till they got free. I had to reheat my hook number of times ! I don't know for yours, but the card holes for screws where not spaced like the ones on the wheel, so the card was just attached with the glue ! Same for new one… What I re-did . And it works since 3 months and a number of crashes !

• 1 year later...
On 16/11/2015 at 1:17 PM, Chriull said:

Since the wheel runs, once you start it until the BMS cuts off  the battery and BMS should be working fine so far (Your battery back can deliver enough current to produce an overcurrent shutoff at the BMS - thats the one cutoff reason, where you have to connect your wheel to the charger to restart it)). So your problem should arise from the controller board or the motor.

Things you can try and check for free:

- Like tom and Restless already mentioned - look for bad soldier points, bad wires/connections, loose connectors.

- start the calibration - there are quite some guides how to do this in this forum.

I do no know if maybe the hall sensors could be attached wrongly to the main board?

If all of this does not help you have the chance to get it working with a new motherboard - maybe. If you have bad luck and the problem lies in the motor/hall sensors, so you can only throw it away (or use it as spare depot, etc..) and try a new wheel...

Hello! I need to calibrate my board. Its the same as the picture. I tried to find them and I havnt found it. Can u please help me??

Actually I start my EUC and it throttle to full power.

Thanks..

15 minutes ago, Óscar Ramos Melero said:

Hello! I need to calibrate my board. Its the same as the picture. I tried to find them and I havnt found it. Can u please help me??

Actually I start my EUC and it throttle to full power.

Thanks..

Wow - you power on and it immediately goes full speed ? That doesn't sound like that something that calibration would sort out. I suspect a more serious error with the board components. But I haven't ever owned a TG3, so will happily defer to anyone that knows differently...

• 1 month later...

Archived