MSS - Msuper Sport? How do you feel about this or other mods outside of OEM?

https://eucservice.com/en/msuper/73-gotway-msuper-pro-speed-msps-1800wh-100v-lg-inr21700m50t-96kmh-unloaded.html

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WMc4SBaqYp0

What are the current thoughts companies making mods and reselling wheels? Seems like it could be sketchy, but the increase of speed (45mph) it sure is very tempting.

Edited by Denny Paul
  • Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 11:27 PM, WaveCut said:

It was done by fantomas some time ago but he reverted the idea of replacing torque motor with speed one after crashing it. These guys comercialized the idea.

The mods made by phantoms are different from those made by EUCSERVICE for MSS. Fantomás installed an MSX engine, EUCSERVICE installs a 2300w motor that does not belong to any Gotway, in addition to changing the BMS and more. This is detailed by Wrongway in his MSS review.

Edited by ugoaps
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, FullTilt said:

Hope the Ewheels version is the safer one for the US market!

ah, didn't see this till recently. Ewheels has a high speed version too that boasts 45 mph as well available for pre-order

Link: https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-gotway-msx-pro-100v-1800wh-battery-2500w-motor/

Edited by Denny Paul
  • Like 2

Mods that skip firmware tuning because of lack of OEM access already have a name: hacks.

It was rumored ewheels has coordinated with Gotway to provide MSPro-Speed with firmware specific to its 2000w motor, as OEM. That would be ideal (not a hack).

@Jason McNeil it would be excellent if you could confirm this :)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Mods that skip firmware tuning because of lack of OEM access already have a name: hacks.

Just in the interest of impartiality, do not assume that EUC Service are hackers, or have not co-ordinated with Gotway.

I only mention that because they are mentioned in this thread.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2020 at 10:19 PM, Denny Paul said:

https://eucservice.com/en/msuper/73-gotway-msuper-pro-speed-msps-1800wh-100v-lg-inr21700m50t-96kmh-unloaded.html

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WMc4SBaqYp0

What are the current thoughts companies making mods and reselling wheels? Seems like it could be sketchy, but the increase of speed (45mph) it sure is very tempting.

The way I see it, if the persons working on the mods are qualified and invested - it’s like buying an AMG, M Sport, Brabus back in the day.

On 4/25/2020 at 12:06 AM, Planemo said:

Just in the interest of impartiality, do not assume that EUC Service are hackers, or have not co-ordinated with Gotway.

I only mention that because they are mentioned in this thread.

True.

But that's why it is so very important to provide solid information when releasing wheels like these, to make it perfectly clear what has been done to the modified wheel, a deep dive from day 1. I think that is a huge part of why Jason is (imho) by far the best EUC dealer on the planet earth, hands down!

That willingness to provide information without holding back and when he do hold back something he can let us know why he cannot provide that info just yet if someone ask. I mean other than working hard and providing that superb service in general and selling at competitive prices, often at China/Ali prices, I still dream of accessing his services here in the EU at US prices. ohh well a man can dream..

21 minutes ago, Electroman said:

True.

But that's why it is so very important to provide solid information when releasing wheels like these, to make it perfectly clear what has been done to the modified wheel

Whilst I agree its very nice to be fed full details of exactly whats inside a wheel on a plate, I dont see it my place to demand a seller does so, possibly giving up intellectual property (and untold amounts of R&D/money) to the opposition.

At the end of the day I can choose the buy the product or not.

If I was in the business of building customized wheels in an extremely niche market with specially sourced motors/boards/batteries I think I would be cagey about full specs as well.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I am not sure that Gotway would be considered a very qualitative manufacturer, based on the build of the wheels (sketchy fastening of a non rigid shell that holds up 10 or so Kg of battery "explosives" :-)

And looking at the footplate construction...well...ZERO bushings = insane play (even when new) after som 1 000 km of riding + ingress point of dirt right into the shaft vs aluminum pedal = imediate wear. I lub mine up with high viscosity fat to keep "dirt out" and "lube inside" but have plans to machine up wmd of all holes and insert bushings. The only caveat is that im not sure there will be enough material left as they dont seem to use high quality aluminium nor is it machined, just a cast detail.

Then we go to mainboard...not the best soldering, not is water repellant laquer high quality (dirt below), sketchy cable managment...if any to be called management

And fastening of battery packs with double side adhesive... kind of a joke in my opinion.

Safety features...no battery level or power outage adaptive tiltback means that if you activate tiltback it will work for a set battery percentage...if you play ot safe younset it to be safe when at 20% battery but then top speed will be a joke 

I would LOVE if Ninebot made a wheel with gotway speed and handling and their far superior internal build quality. The z10 is not nimble enogh imo but a smaller tyre/rim would help with that. 

But yeah, I have no clue if this polish firm has made a great job internally. They have at least chosen premium cells for the extra battpack and at a acceptable peice point. But things like a laser pointer connected with the beeper for 99$ ? A laser led is like a couple of dollars and the work is a hole and two cables (worst case an amplifier board with a transistor). If they would have added a few extra beepers so it also works in dsylight fine, but laser is only safe at night and most people i know run faster daytime than night so its not the best solution but a step in the right direction.

I am not saying i aint intrigued, but home page doesnt seem to show right prices even. For example it says monster pedals are included if buying a wheel from them but you have to select them and when you do it still adds on the price. Laser i though was included but its not.

Who knows, maybe the modified product is just as safe or safer. Maybe the motor is of better quality..and cables...and cable management...and BMSes (as i understand it, not very clear, the extra bat pack has two additional BMSes...but as i said this is not clesrly described on their home page?

As many hsve said, there is too little info, ro little images of build quality on their mod for me to spend 3000$ when a msp is 1600$ from Ali... I hope they will be more transparent cause then i will be able to decide on facts..not one you tuber that comes from poland just as EUC services (i am not saying he is sponsored, but who knows. I know he is a great reviewer at least :-) )

Gonna check a teardown of the mss and see how it looks inside. Have Not found "wrong way" doing a teardown, have you?

• Like 2

Ecodrift are always first to the teardown. WrongWay just wants to ride nice wheels, the reviews are a means to that end. Definitely the most salient reviewer though imo, like chooch the kid does his homework.

Edited by Will R
Punctuation
  • Like 1