MonRover r1

Colestien

I'm needing some fast advise.  Just found a used MonoRover R1 on Criags list for $200.00.  New it is $500.00   Keep in mind I'm still wanting a Kingsong, or a Gotway.  This one has a 500w motor, and a 132wh battery.  I'm thinking it would allow my son and I to ride together until I buy a replacement for my generic.  I have thought about ordering another generic from VicTech.  It only has a 350w and will run a little over $300.00 but I'll have at least a month wait.  My generic says it has a 210wh battery, but I'm not sure what I really have.  I could run to Kansas City tomorrow and pick the MonoRover up.  So my questions are:  Anyone know this wheel.  Has anyone heard of it having problems?  

Sure wish someone local was wanting to get rid of a Kingsong for that price.

00404_4VowWjYfQKO_600x450.jpg

Edited by Colestien
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Colestien said:

I'm needing some fast advise.  Just found a used MonoRover R1 on Criags list for $200.00.  New it is $500.00   Keep in mind I'm still wanting a Kingsong, or a Gotway.  This one has a 500w motor, and a 132wh battery.  I'm thinking it would allow my son and I to ride together until I buy a replacement for my generic.  I have thought about ordering another generic from VicTech.  It only has a 350w and will run a little over $300.00 but I'll have at least a month wait.  My generic says it has a 210wh battery, but I'm not sure what I really have.  I could run to Kansas City tomorrow and pick the MonoRover up.  So my questions are:  Anyone know this wheel.  Has anyone heard of it having problems?  

Sure wish someone local was wanting to get rid of a Kingsong for that price.

00404_4VowWjYfQKO_600x450.jpg

I think it's basically just another generic 14" wheel. Here's a guy on youtube that did a review of the R3. https://youtu.be/B2RqsjDuw64

This guy isn't a part of the community though, and some of the information he gives is inaccurate (the speed for example). 

Basically I think it just another generic 14", so it'll probably just last a few months. If it's your son's wheel be just learning on it I guess that fine, but make sure to pad him up and that he doesn't ride in the street near cars because the generic I bought started getting shut downs a few months in.

Edited by logos122

Thanks for the info.  I'm having a "want/drive" to ride with him.  I'm justifying this as a road trip to spend time with him, and give us something to do together. That is until I can come up with the big money for better wheels.  I'm also thinking $200 to try out a 14 inch, might help me make up my mind when it comes to our next Wheels.  The generic I have is a 16 inch.  

• Upvote 1

@ColestienEnjoy!! I think what was key is that you need 2 wheels in your household and you had to get up to that number one way or another. When you have your 18", then you have a spare for a friend to join in! I think there should be a rule that the youngest person gets the smallest diameter wheel!

• 3 years later...