Summer padded Jacket

Thanks, interesting review.  I found who premise of the review to be an absurd generalization (all motorcycle riders wear gear that doesn't fit right so get this instead!) but otherwise I think they explained the finer points of the gear well enough.  I really want the cooler one but it looks stupid and only comes in black.  So I will probably get the other one in white or a lighter color.

For now though, when I've yet to break about 16mph without wobbling, I'm sure I'll be fine with just wrist/knee/helmet.

Does anyone know of a single armored jacket that's not so damn short? All of these moto jackets are purposely made too short because they're made for straddling a motorcycle (like a horse), but which look utterly terrible when just standing (either on an EUC or on foot once you get to your destination).

15 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

Does anyone know of a single armored jacket that's not so damn short? All of these moto jackets are purposely made too short because they're made for straddling a motorcycle (like a horse), but which look utterly terrible when just standing (either on an EUC or on foot once you get to your destination).

I was having the same considerations in looking for a jacket, and almost went with the Scorpion Yuma Jacket partly because of it’s longer length (and also because it’s 50% off right now at many retailers, and comes in the hi-vis yellow that I wanted). I’m not a fan of the pockets at the bottom of the front or back, but otherwise I like the look and cut of it better than most motorcycle jackets that tend to be very short in the front. Here’s a link to the jacket on RevZilla that includes a nice video (I love their video reviews) and is also selling at 50% off:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/scorpion-yuma-jacket

On 4/21/2020 at 3:26 PM, someguy152 said:

i have a joerocket mesh motorcycle jacket that's not bad. i bought it used on ebay. since i didn't try it on i took a gamble and the fit is  too big. you have to pay decent money for airflow.ver

summer time i typically wet the  shirt i'll wear and freeze it/refrigerate it, then put over my fox racing titan knockoff and then put some ice cubes in my pant pocket or pockets of my bicycing tshirt if that's what im wearing.  needless to say i don't think i look good, but most likely the heat dries out the wetness in the pockets after a while

A wet bandana around your neck is a really efficient way to keep you cool.  It's close to the carotid artery so evaporative cooling is rapid.  I've done this many times whilst riding through death valley on a motorcycle.  You have to keep airflow over it because it will heat up otherwise.  The advantaged is you can wet it whilst riding.  Also keep drinking lots of water.

On 4/21/2020 at 3:40 PM, PennBruce said:

I have a similar mesh jacket but it's just too bulky for hot weather wear on the wheel.

Bruce 

I agree.  I have a couple of Joe Rocket meshies and various other motorcycle jackets.  However I decided to get a motorcross mesh because it has better airflow and is very light.  This is the one I'm wearing in my profile pic.  I got a 3xl and I usually get xl sizes.  So +2 on the size if you order this.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CCH72F4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by Gazza-usa

On 4/28/2020 at 4:01 AM, Gazza-usa said:

I agree.  I have a couple of Joe Rocket meshies and various other motorcycle jackets.  However I decided to get a motorcross mesh because it has better airflow and is very light.  This is the one I'm wearing in my profile pic.  I got a 3xl and I usually get xl sizes.  So +2 on the size if you order this.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CCH72F4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just ordered one. 4 + stars. Yes Chinese sizes run very small.  M=US XL  L= US XXL