Msx 100 volt cut out temperature?

Hey guys,

I am visiting my parents who live out in the mountains of Utah and brought my wheel. They live on the side of a mountain about 1000 vertical feet from the valley floor and the roads are steep. Is there a temperature that I should watch out for when climbing or how do I know if I am pushing too hard going up the mountain?

3 hours ago, Fuerte said:

Hey guys,

I am visiting my parents who live out in the mountains of Utah and brought my wheel. They live on the side of a mountain about 1000 vertical feet from the valley floor and the roads are steep. Is there a temperature that I should watch out for when climbing or how do I know if I am pushing too hard going up the mountain?

From whats reported around here the main value "to watch" should be the current - it shows much better and faster the burdening of the wheel. Temperature is measured somewhere on the motherboard in the compartment and takes "much longer" to rise... At "mountain climbing" it could be that the mosfets/wires are already overburdened by the power peaks needed with out the overtemp alarm reacting...

The temperature alarm will start the buzzer once the wheel reaches a certain temperature (somewhere around 60-70°C?) and ?after some time engage tiltback?.

For montitoring current peaks many use wheellog/EUC World - somewhere in the range 80-100A. It will beep while driving - escpecially at inclines. Care should be take once this alarm starts to beep to often/quite continously.

@Marty Backe uses/?invented? this system - you can watch it "live" on his youtube videos. Afair especially at the overheat hill EUC tests/reviews.