Gasmantle

Changing riding style / carving.

On 4/19/2020 at 8:03 PM, Gasmantle said:

Hi all,

Any other riders tried to alter their riding style after having ridden an EUC for a while?

I currently have a KS16s and have ridden about 2000miles over about 12mths so I'm reasonably experienced but not an expert. At the moment I tend to ride in a straight up stance with my knees only very slightly bent, I can ride confidently and can carve but I want to learn to ride in a more aggressive 'sporty' style.

It seems to me in order to carve fast and at a tight radius I need a more crouched stance (at the mo my carving is more longer sweeping curves) but I really struggle with it.

No matter what I do I can't seem to carve like this guy - at 3.00 to 3.15 he is able to carve the way I want to do it but I can't seem to get the hang of it.

He is riding a 16X with a CX-321 tyre.
Only a 16X and a Z10 can carve like that. You can slide the wheel under you and hang off the side.
If you do this on a conventional wheel like the 16S you will land on your side.
The 16X with the CX moves side to side easily at high speeds. You can initiate the carve with the lower body.
With conventional wheels at high speeds you initiate the carve with the upper body and fall to the sides like a lollipop.
Nik+, MSX, Monster will gyro at high speeds and make the carve harder and slower.

7 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

He is riding a 16X with a CX-321 tyre.
Only a 16X and a Z10 can carve like that. You can slide the wheel under you and hang off the side.
If you do this on a conventional wheel like the 16S you will land on your side.
The 16X with the CX moves side to side easily at high speeds.

Stop it your killing me I miss that feeling with the 16x😁

Just now, stephen said:

Then take your bloomin' Z10 out for a good hiding then!

Just now, stephen said:

Haha sorry! I have started getting a decent carving style on the CYT with FW 2.02 though.
But yeah haha...

Just now, Mike Sacristan said:

Haha sorry! I have started getting a decent carving style on the CYT with FW 2.02 though.
But yeah haha...

I'm going back to 2.02 today after going from 1.05 to 2.02 then to 1.07 then to 1.05 then 2.02 and now back on 1.07 and today I think I'll be looking the 2.02 again😂😂

3 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Then take your bloomin' Z10 out for a good hiding then!

That's true I haven't give it a good hiding for ages 😁👍

On 4/24/2020 at 12:12 PM, winterwheel said:

I bought an MTen3 and Mrs. Winterwheel won't let me ride it -- because it is her wheel now. She absolutely loves that thing. I meant to post this advice earlier, but anyone having trouble getting their significant other to ride should give them a cute little white wheel that is ultra-maneuverable and doesn't demand to be ridden at high speeds.

My g/f has confidence in her riding ability and is into speed (she's a former gymnast, so that figures...). Getting her to slow down or wear safety gear is an issue. :blink1: