KS 16X going its own way

GMan

Hi. Been riding a V8 and recently got a 16X. Still adjusting to the new heavier wheel. One thing that’s happening to me it the wheel seems to “take off” on it’s own. Usually it.s on a cambered road and the wheel will feel like its turning even though I feel  like I’m riding it straight. The result is this odd feeling that I’m not steering the wheel. I think this is due to the wider tire turning more vs the V8 at the same lean angle and my brain is getting tricked. Anyone else experience this feeling?

13 minutes ago, GMan said:

Hi. Been riding a V8 and recently got a 16X. Still adjusting to the new heavier wheel. One thing that’s happening to me it the wheel seems to “take off” on it’s own. Usually it.s on a cambered road and the wheel will feel like its turning even though I feel  like I’m riding it straight. The result is this odd feeling that I’m not steering the wheel. I think this is due to the wider tire turning more vs the V8 at the same lean angle and my brain is getting tricked. Anyone else experience this feeling?

maybe you got one with an original tire?? this was a complaint of many with the original tire being it followed cracks and had a strong gyroscopic feeling to it.. some people really liked it but a lot didnt and they changed it.. what tire is on it?

13 hours ago, GMan said:

Use medium pedal mode.

Make good calibration.

Inflate tire to 40+ psi if you need more control.

Deflate to 33+- psi depend you weight to get gyro feel .

Write  serial number (date) or tell us what tire you have.

On 4/18/2020 at 11:23 PM, GMan said:

I have 600 miles on my 16x and have the same problem. I have the same tire. My pressure is at 26 PSI. I'll try inflating it more but I have a hard time controlling it at higher pressures.

Update:  I increased the tire pressure to 36 psi and feel like it is much more controllable. I will add another 4 psi tomorrow and let you know.

Edited by AngryJackPCB
Update

yea thats the newer tire.. not sure probably you just have it inflated too high for your body weight.. ignore whatever the tire says on the sidewall it doesnt matter, just inflate it then slowly let out air until it feels comfortable to you

8 minutes ago, GMan said:

Ok. I’ll try fiddling with the pressure. I had it at 40 psi; I weigh 175. I’ll check it tomorrow. Thanks! I thought it was my own lameness!

it depends on the tire really but some people are just more comfortable with the psi much lower.. its also new so its gonna be a little wonky after about 200 km it will become a lot softer as you break it in and smooth it out a bit then you can add a little more air.. i hate new tires they always feel weird at first, if after ~200 km and fiddling with it and it still feels really weird then it may not be seated properly or there may be some side to side wobble enough to be noticeable in the rim, but i highly doubt it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I filled the tire to 42 psi and took it to a parking lot for some practice and it seemed fine. I’ll have to see how it does on a cambered road though. As an aside, the parking lot practice was quite beneficial I mimicked a motorcycle routine I recently started: figure 8’s, weaving through cones, emergency stops. 

• Like 1